It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq inquiry to recall Tony Blair over possible conflicting evidence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

people need to leave the idea that we live in a democracy behind. if you look at the facts, we simply don't. the purpose of the elections is to give the government, and therefore the prime minister a mandate to act on behalf of the people. if we look at the facts we will see that this is completely false.

in the last (2005) general election only 61.4% actually voted. if you then take into account that only 36% of those actually voted Labour, you will see that the grounds for the government acting on the behalf of the people (when such a small majority of the population actually wanted a labour government) is flawed.

accept that we live in an elected dictatorship and the actions of the government don't seem that outrageous. the government acts in the interest of the country, not the people. that is fact.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by pangaea]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
reply to post by TrueBrit

Totally agree. I know I wanted to be there, but location, commitment to my job and my family and time contraints prevented it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was in that position.

It was prbably closer to 2 million marching on the day . when's the last time people have gathered in such numbers to speak out about a cause. the numbers were a representation of the general feeling of the UK.

I have yet to meet anyone who can justify the War. Tony Blair tried and in my opinion failed. There is no justification for invading a country because you dont like their leader anymore, which is basically Blairs justification

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Is it possible that as Blair sinks deeper into the quagmire, his masters start to see him as a liability, someone who might say something that they don't want said and so he becomes susceptible to being suicided just like Dr David Kelly.

Now wouldn't that be something.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I've been thinking the exact same thing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Blair was found dead from "suicide" because this enquiry and subsequent trails were too much for him to handle.

Or assissination of course. That's always another possiblity. JFK stylee.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

It will never happen and the ICC would not even comment on the so called specific "legal agreement" that Prof Bowring has raised. This political inspired trial will never happen because it would be a mockery of international law.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Seems Tony Blair thinks we are all loons

Tony Blair attacks Iraq Inquiry as part of Britain's 'obsession with conspiracy theories'

According to this article the Chilcot Enquiry plan to recall Tony Balir and other high ups because their stories don't match with documents the enquiry has access to.

Also the enquiry team are planning to go the USA to question some people there.

Tony is starting to crack under the pressure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join