It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Overrated Movies, Games, Cartoons, etc.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah I should of taken that away actually, they're great but I just think some folk go ott with it! nevermind

Can't say a bad word about Harry potter! ultimate fantasy

I love Vampire hunter D!

[edit on 17-2-2010 by valiant]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
How about Spongebob and the Simpsons?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Simpsons used to be great! not watched it in ages though, and I like spongebob, my nephew has put me through hours of the dvds

Reservoir dogs is deffinately overrated! gotta add that one.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by valiant
reply to post by masonicon

Simpsons used to be great! not watched it in ages though, and I like spongebob, my nephew has put me through hours of the dvds

Reservoir dogs is deffinately overrated! gotta add that one.

Who's get more rated: Simpsons or South Park, Spore or Little Big Planet or fallout 3 or Bioshock, Spongebob or Sonic X?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
How about Daniel Craig's version of James bond Films?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I know many will disagree but I'll admit I was bored to tears while watching Avatar. My son and I kind of dozed off a bit in the theater and my mother had to nudge us awake after he fell asleep in my arms and I started to nod off and rest my cheek on the top of his head.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I know many will disagree but I'll admit I was bored to tears while watching Avatar. My son and I kind of dozed off a bit in the theater and my mother had to nudge us awake after he fell asleep in my arms and I started to nod off and rest my cheek on the top of his head.

Yeah, Avatar wasn't as good as people made it out to be.

Sure the graphics were great, but the plot was dull, unoriginal, and predictable.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Have you ever actually played Bioshock?

I've read most of your posts, and I'm not sure whether you can't speak English or you just can't think, but both abilities are required to appreciate that game.

Perhaps the first electronic game to come out in a very long time with serious philosophical themes underlying every aspect of its gameplay, and it's overrated? How? By whom?

I think the problem is that you just failed to appreciate its depth, if you ever played it at all.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

BLASPHEMER!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
Have you ever actually played Bioshock?

I've read most of your posts, and I'm not sure whether you can't speak English or you just can't think, but both abilities are required to appreciate that game.

Perhaps the first electronic game to come out in a very long time with serious philosophical themes underlying every aspect of its gameplay, and it's overrated? How? By whom?

I think the problem is that you just failed to appreciate its depth, if you ever played it at all.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by The Parallelogram]

Bioshock is clone of system shock 2 because both games is FPS with philosophical themes, but Bioshock is Overrated because it's graphics

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

LOL!

Sorry, it just wasn't for me. The effects were pretty but I didn't really understand how they were supposed to be anything that hadn't already been done before in other sci-fi movies. And the plot was dull so that didn't help.

It's the same way I felt about 2012. Great special effects but dull plot. And the effects weren't anything that hadn't been done before in other apocalyptic films. I did at least enjoy 2012 but Avatar was literally putting my son and me to sleep in the theater.

I was expecting something awesome due to all the hype but it fell flat for me.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
Bioshock is clone of system shock 2 because both games is FPS with philosophical themes, but Bioshock is Overrated because it's graphics

SS2 was great, no denying it, but Bioshock was open about being a 'spiritual successor' to the System Shock franchise.

Perhaps some people valued it for its graphics while overlooking its true depth, but if anything, I feel that this makes the game somewhat underrated, considering everything it has to offer the sagacious player.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I love Vampire hunter D!

You should read the books...I've read several of them so far, and they're pretty good, with the same flavor as the movie.

I liked Avatar, but for the visuals, not the plot (Pocahontas, Fern Gully, Dances with Wolves, take your pick)... I wasn't wowed nearly as much as the people I saw it with... Groundbreaking technology though...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I love Vampire hunter D!

You should read the books...I've read several of them so far, and they're pretty good, with the same flavor as the movie.

I liked Avatar, but for the visuals, not the plot (Pocahontas, Fern Gully, Dances with Wolves, take your pick)... I wasn't wowed nearly as much as the people I saw it with... Groundbreaking technology though...

Avatar looks like Pocahontas clone, except sets in the Post Global Warming future

[edit on 12-3-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Paranormal Activity was HIGHLY overrated... It was ok, but not great....successful though, and a hell of a return on the investment, but certainly a let down when seeing it...

South Park
The Batman(Animated Cartoon that airs in Kids' WB from 2004-2008, not Batman Media Franchise generally)
The Dark Knight(2008 sequel of Batman Begins)
Naruto
BioShock
Fallout 3
Little Big Planet
Twilight
World of Warcraft
etc.

What do you compare South Park to though? It's completely original...
The Batman (never really knew it was all that highly rated)...
The Dark Knight (box office success, Oscar nods...not exactly "over" rated....it lived up to it)
Naruto (again, highly rated? Most above the age of the teens have no idea what this is)...
BioShock, Fallout 3, Little Big Planet (again, lots of sales, constant high ratings, I think they lived up to it)...
Twilight (commercially successful, guaranteed blockbuster, not my cup of tea, but have to admit they created a money-making monster here)
WoW (millions of addicts can't be wrong, can they?)

It's all relative...

Other than Playing World of Warcraft for myself, nothing wrong with it. Why south Park is Overrated despite one of it's main characters are always unlucky enough to dies?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
GTA 4 Is Overrated Because it's graphics and I finds GTA 4 Boring because it's Weapons and Vehicles(my favorite aspects from GTA Games)

[edit on 13-3-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
How about Recently Released Command and Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
How about Transformers(live-action film series) and Modern Warfare 2?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
yeah Transformers 2 scored tons of money for being such a so-so film. of course, I;m not sure if having high ratings means overrated. Two and a Half Men gets high ratings but no one seems to rate it in their top ten favorite shows by any means.

Most overrated band: Neutral Milk Hotel, but also lots of popular indie over the past 10 years
Most overrated movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

if you like both of those the odds are we probably clash on lots of other 'interests'

Most overrated movie producer: David Lynch

heh - I bet plenty of people disagree with me on all 3 choices

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I think Family Guy is quite overrated.

-TheAssoc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join