It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Dream time Proof Life is An Illusion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
We all have to sleep is this true?
Why?
Is it perhaps to refresh the computer input into our interfaces?
In order for the mainframe to interact with the PC's we need to be "downtimed"?
A margin of error could be tolerated?
But what if we all refused to sleep?
If we all experienced disorientation, and hallucinations due to sleep depravation, would the mainframe suffer?
Are we all merely receiving constant updates?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think 'dreamtime' is just more/proof/evidence, that there is more to life than this physical existence.

We have to sleep, our Souls do not.

The physical body needs to rest daily, our subspace selves (our souls) do not need to rest the same as a physical being does.

I think we "dream" because our true selves prefer not to be lying dormant in its physical vessel the entire time it is asleep/recharging.

There is an entire multi-verse to explore.. I know my true self sure doesnt want to be tied to my body when my body is 'useless'. lol

We dont need to deprive our bodies of sleep , just so the "mainframe suffers".

It is suffering quite a bit already.

Mass awakenings tend to have that effect on "the matrix".

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
We all have to sleep is this true?
Why?
Is it perhaps to refresh the computer input into our interfaces?
In order for the mainframe to interact with the PC's we need to be "downtimed"?
A margin of error could be tolerated?
But what if we all refused to sleep?
If we all experienced disorientation, and hallucinations due to sleep depravation, would the mainframe suffer?
Are we all merely receiving constant updates?

You kind of have to sleep, you will get hallucinations, and you're body will eventually shut down.

No constant updates, the brain is highly active as if it was awake during sleepy time, except for the frontal lobe which is unactive, although if it is a little active, ah ha you get lucid dreaming

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
We need sleep to stay healthy and alert, but we don't need to dream. So I would say the frequent experience of dreams does indicate there is something more than what exists in this physical world.

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to describe dreams as they were experienced? It's almost as if we have access to other senses that are beyond our imagining in this physical existence.

Interesting theory you have there.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
We dream because through dreams come reality. We are the ones dreaming up the Universe in our fantastic massive reality generating consciousness.

From the late great Robert A. Monroe, "For those who dream, there is reality.".

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
We need sleep to stay healthy and alert, but we don't need to dream. So I would say the frequent experience of dreams does indicate there is something more than what exists in this physical world.

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to describe dreams as they were experienced? It's almost as if we have access to other senses that are beyond our imagining in this physical existence.

Yes we do need to dream; when we dream is when memories are either cleared or moved into long term storage as determined by the emotional intensity of the moment they were formed.

Also, we can suffer actual damage to our hippocampus if we don't dream, making us incapable of forming new memories.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The brain, like any organ or like a muscle needs rest to function properly. We obtain this by sleeping, or dreaming.
Research suggests that most if not all animals dream in one way or another, as they reach a REM sleep stage much like us. It is most likely a way for our brains to cope with the aspect of sleep, or from certain psychological standpoints it could be our consciousnesses way of dealing with the waking life and the emotions and conflicts that we have.

edit: person above me is also correct, that dreams could likely be related to the recording and ordering of memories.

[edit on 1/2/10 by Nventual]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inediblebulk
Yes we do need to dream; when we dream is when memories are either cleared or moved into long term storage as determined by the emotional intensity of the moment they were formed.

Also, we can suffer actual damage to our hippocampus if we don't dream, making us incapable of forming new memories.

Is it dreams or actual rest from one's state of Normal Waking Consciousness, though? Seems to me like sleep is needed to regenerate the physical body's functions as someone said before.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inediblebulk

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Could you find some references to these theories, please? I'd like to learn more about how this is thought to occur.

new topics

top topics

join