It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come songwriters get it so right?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Cirlce of life by the music talent Elton John.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

Because art imitates life. A good songwriter, whethere he/she knows it or not, is reflecting current moods, trends, ect.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

A good example of this phenomenon of art imitating life is Michael Jackson's new song that was to be a big part of his 'This is It' tour, the song was played at the grammys last night, it is called Earth Song, please check out the lyrics:

www.azlyrics.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i enjoy this idea. being a songwriter, i feel that i am explaining my expierience in life, and i have noticed that my expierience, being my own, could represent itself in words for others to notice in their own lives.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidley_35
reply to post by vjr1113

I totally agree, the melody can be just as captivating as the lyrics. Iv a broad range of music that i enjoy, depending on my mood. There are some songs that i can relate to so well emotionally, And thats very comforting... Sorry I didn`t mean to sound so agro...

No matter how captivating the words may be, without a good melody they will not carry the same emotional punch. People start with the melody and listen to the words underneath. That is how our brains work. You may hate country music and not be able to get past the "country sound" to hear how powerful the words may be. If you take your favorite poem and put a crap melody with it most people will think it is a crap poem.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join