Think of me as a (master) Troll-King.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniel Moszkowicz

First off, I have never seen an Introduction thread so long. Which in that alone, I applaud you, sir. I believe you have done exactly what was intended and by that I mean gained the attention of the other members.

I mean this as a compliment but you remind me of my brother. (I refer to him as a troll too. And often.)

To me, a troll is someone who knows how to play their cards. They may or may not agree with the topic of discussion, but regardless they know where the other person stands and they know how to keep the other person completely off balance.

The example I will use is that my brother will say EVERYTHING I find is fake. Then he will use his intelligence to demonstrate why the topic of discussion has no merit. Which never fails to make me argue more intensely. At which point, I see he is doing it just to get a reaction out of me.

I will say, "Welcome to ATS." I look forward to reading your threads. If your introduction thread can garner so much attention, I'm absolutely dying to read any other threads you post. I'm sure they'll be informative, educated, and enlightening.

You have gained a friend in me. Enjoy ATS. I know I have and do.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Just curious, according to you a troll is someone who knows how to play their cards. However, you imply you don't play your cards correctly so what does it make you?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by red_dot

I like you because you challenge people. Not necessarily in a bad way, but maybe an uncomfortable way. And people don't normally like being shifted out of their comfort zone but it's how we grow and learn.

I maintain that members should always question what I say. I would suggest it be done in a fun and intelligent way. That the members have chosen to deal with the wonderful subject matter on offer here, suggests to me that they enjoy being challenged and questioning what is being said in society often and sharply.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

It makes me troll bait. I don't have shame in admitting it. I will argue my point diligently when I believe I'm right. And much to my regret, it brings forth eventual laughter when I realize.. yup, I've been had.
(at least, this is the case with my brother)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

Just curious, according to you a troll is someone who knows how to play their cards. However, you imply you don't play your cards correctly so what does it make you?

If you give me a chance to reply to each of the points you have so lovingly carved-out, I will tell you what you wish to know. Be patient, slowly-rising combatant.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniel Moszkowicz
A welcome you have failed to make, in literal terms.

Right you are...welcome, I should point out at this time that I feel this thread has gone past the "welcome stage" or rather, "honeymoon period" as you have clearly demonstrated a desire to play keyboard cat and mouse with any willing member, as many have before you.

I respect your self image as I have my own. I failed to properly welcome you because I tripped on all of the bull that is pilled up on on the "welcome mat" that this thread has become

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

If you give me a chance to reply to each of the points you have so lovingly carved-out, I will tell you what you wish to know. Be patient, slowly-rising combatant.

The member you are replying to there pledge wasn't addressing you...

O ya'...Troll Rule #420 - pounce on the weak immediately...

[edit on 2/2/2010 by happygolucky]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Here are some perhaps helpful references for those who are taking an onomatopoetic view of the the OP's thread tittle and focusing on the "troll" nomenclature:

Child Play:

Discord runs rampant through Stygius Rex's kingdom. Bonespittle, an evil sorcerer, rules as king and ogres and ghouls command the king's army. This oppressive structure leaves the trolls on the bottom, laboring hard as serfs find bridge builders forced to expand the kingdom. Just when it looks like all hope is lost for the trolls, an exceptional and determined young troll named Rollo works himself up the ranks and into Stygius Rex's intimate circles. As a trusted assistant to Stygius Rex, Rollo learns to fly. Soon he imagines heroic possibilities in a world of lies and deceit and makes his way toward the truth and his own destiny.
findarticles.com...

Suggested reading for actual insight and to avoid knee jerk reactions based on preconceptions: records.viu.ca...

peace ...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

First off, I have never seen an Introduction thread so long. Which in that alone, I applaud you, sir. I believe you have done exactly what was intended and by that I mean gained the attention of the other members.

I mean this as a compliment but you remind me of my brother. (I refer to him as a troll too. And often.)

To me, a troll is someone who knows how to play their cards. They may or may not agree with the topic of discussion, but regardless they know where the other person stands and they know how to keep the other person completely off balance.

The example I will use is that my brother will say EVERYTHING I find is fake. Then he will use his intelligence to demonstrate why the topic of discussion has no merit. Which never fails to make me argue more intensely. At which point, I see he is doing it just to get a reaction out of me.

I will say, "Welcome to ATS." I look forward to reading your threads. If your introduction thread can garner so much attention, I'm absolutely dying to read any other threads you post. I'm sure they'll be informative, educated, and enlightening.

You have gained a friend in me. Enjoy ATS. I know I have and do.

A wonderful reply, welcome, and yet still holding on to strong opinions.

I appreciate your reply, thank you for your welcome, and appreciate you have something to add on the matter being discussed with such enthusiasm and honest regard.

Moreover, I appreciate the friendship you have offerred me, but please understand that you should always question what I'm saying in any future threads. Let's treat each other with the respect deserving of friendship, but debate with the enthusiasm of enemies.

And remember, I'll never be the one who is laughing at you when discussing something other. That is to say, I'm not fond of people using the old, puppet-sock approach in their dealing on the 'boards', which suggests that they are laughing at the person they are engaged in debate.

Thank you.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Daniel Moszkowicz]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hey shro! I read up until the part about the cheeseburgers, I understood little after that, can we get a more understandable slection?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Welcome! A little house warming gift! No, you HAVE TO WATCH THIS TO THE END! It's imperative.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

...And still no game, I mean name for the game, schrodingers dog?

I do believe I will take some time tonight to craft for you a lovelier piece of writing which may make you smile in French, a little more. Perhaps I may craft it before you finally unhinge the keyboard from your thighs, after you find the answer to the question I have set for you? It seems to be a little firmly planted there, for you to keep finding these lovely items of interest to all, but which aren't the answer to the game of the name; I mean name of the game.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

When someone tells me I have to do something and futhermore that it's imperative...makes me think to do the opposite.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Suggested reading for actual insight and to avoid knee jerk reactions based on preconceptions: records.viu.ca...

And ruin the fun..? We all have our definition of fun from the looks of this thread, including yourself. Knee jerk reactions are a common reaction to asinine claims btw.

gmmaarr idte #5...

[edit on 2/2/2010 by happygolucky]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Woot. Pegged! This is easy.

See ya!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Perhaps you could point-out something a little more specific in detail, or describe this "high-quality of trolling" to which you refer this specific name too.

Certainly; In short a man started a thread over at the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree site stating that he was in his late 40's, was looking to have a cycling holiday with a physically healthy woman and he was a patient guy who was tolerant of others and had a good sense of humour.

Within minutes this veneer had been shed and a raving sociopath emerged angry at others for misrepresenting his plea for a travelling companion. His incredibly violent nature plus conspiratorial leanings generated 1000's of posts within days by other members of the site, some signing up just to have a quip at him. In total he had 5 posts there ranging from the first pleasant request for a fellow traveller to his last which had strong overtones of a very angry person.

Whilst anyone can have a bad day, and in this case it appears Cyclotouriste had his, not everyone has people research their background, post derogatory remarks on their character, display beliefs such as predicting 9/11 from 4 years previous, share personal information such as places of employment, addresses etc. and create a landmark in internet history representing the motif of 'Troll'.

On the other hand, Troll-King of Chatsitea, might I suggest, comes out like a very clean piece of reading when typed into this 'Google', even if the pages are difficult to access.

It does yes and your comments to Jasmin upon playing the character of Emilia in Shakespeare's Othello was very insightful and not at all vulgar.

Yes, I am a fan of riding bicycles and do reside in Australia, presently. I own a generic MTB and a fixed gear bicycle I've named, 'Dutch Ghost'. If you're interested?: It's mostly white with orange Deep-V wheels, and the Dutch reference is in relation to the history of cyclists from this country and their way of never denying the cycling public watching a particular European bike race, the opportunity to observe a breakaway, in the true form of the time-trial escape.

I myself have had a variety of bikes over the course of my life from the 'Flying Scotsman' racer variety to an Orange aluminium hybrid. I am also a fan of Critical Mass which is a leaderless movement which hopes to promote self propelled travel in cities all over the world. There will probably be a movement in your home town. I generally cycling for the pleasure of it but I do appreciate the efforts required for time-trial riding.

Moreover, I have an interest in theatre generally, and will endeavour to be as entertaining as I can be, in the future.

Thank you for your welcome.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Daniel Moszkowicz]

Entertainment from you thus-far has been an art form. You are welcome for your thanks.

That you have learnt what you saw and identified, and wanted to find on the internet - perhaps is more deserving of a salute when this action of raising the hand to the forehead, is aimed in the direction of this site having an introduction column, the member whom originally referenced the item to which you refer by your own investigations, and your own timing in having come across it all.

You are too kind sir, had your thread not had all the components required for my mind to puzzle out this particular penchant for uber-trolls I would not have learned of Schroedinger Dog's experience with the legendary John Gobin Shaw and neither of us would have discussed bicycles I'd wager. So whilst I will be polite enough as to acknowledge your sentiment here I adhere to my earlier compulsion to honour you for this opportunity as the tapestry of this thread was your doing.

Once again thank you.

Now if I could capture your attention for the moment and address the issue that up until now you have only posted in your introduction thread and in the ATS issues thread and yet have 43 posts to your name here which entitles you to create threads elsewhere on the site. I'd thoroughly recommend raising to the challenge of members who do not visit this section often and give yourself a flavour of the site proper.

Best of luck on your investigations and see you on the boards.

-m0r

[edit on 2/2/2010 by m0r1arty]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

If you think it is "bull" for me to try and address all the members whom have stopped by, since they have taken the time to do so...I would suggest that you are barking-up the wrong tree for the "cat and mouse" to which you refer is not presently there, and you are making yourself hoarse in the process.

I do acknowledge that you have taken the time to make me welcome, this time, in your roundabout way. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Oh we all have our names and games ... ours seem to have crossed paths but that is serendipity and not to be construed as willful engagement (this post notwithstanding). The computer secured between my thighs is more of a loudspeaker than a direct connection, and anything emanating from its keystrokes should be recognized as such and not as a personal call to dance a dance, play a game, know the name.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Well-well-well... Where do I start?

The Horror! The Horror!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So...what are your topics of interest (if it was mentioned at some point then perhaps a refresher for those of us who are mildly bored at the 57th phonetic variation of Thanks/Your Welcome but are also entertained by a 5 page introduction
)?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join