It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think of me as a (master) Troll-King.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

... your every opinion will be challenged by the best and the brightest.

Egads gst ... way to set us up for failure!

Welcome aboard Daniel ...

If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, do not hesitate to lower your expectations.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

SD, you never cease to make me bust a gut!

Literally, figuratively, sometimes even existentially.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Daniel Moszkowicz

Well, I read through your OP, the responses and your replies.

What can be inferred and understood by such a small sample, of a larger set of knowledge, is only that, small.

Welcome. Your reference to a (master) Troll-King, is why I stopped in.

Hopefully I will not have to put a crown on my Troll Gif in future engagements.

I usually do not bust it out unless someone has been truly a troll, but for a new and vivacious member, here you go. Welcome Daniel.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7301096a1db.gif[/atsimg]

edit to add-One of the things that I use a lot on this site is the MY ATS button on the main screen page of AboveTopSecret.com. If you click it it will bring up threads that you have subsribed to or have posted a comment. You can also set what your favorite sections of ATS are and those will show you the latest threads of those different sections.

There are numerous threads on how to do certain things but there does not seem to be many on the site breakdown or navigation through the site.

If there are any questions that you cannot find, just post a thread on the boards and discussion section and someone will usually come and answer it post haste.

Again, welcome.

[edit on 2/1/2010 by endisnighe]

Please notice that yours is the first reply I have set into quotation.

I supposed that my title-reference would make you stop-by, that's why I used it. There was little - to no - point in me saying something like: 'hi! newbie just became a member'. Which you probably would have ignored as it wouldn't have said enough - in just one line - to challenge what is likely to be a high intellect.

I would normally take under further consideration such a response as yours, before making my reply. However, it strikes me that you have been a little hasty with it and so it's only fair that I reply with equal measure, if not as hasty, whilst still be being swift with it.

If, in future engagements you feel the need to put-on any manner of headwear, it will only be by your decision to do so as I will not make it a mandatory requirement what one wears on their head in their engagements with me.

A "true troll" is one who uses a persona, to bring a level of entertainment to their posts which makes for enjoyable reading for members. Combine truth with entertainment in such posts and you have the makings of a (master) troll or Troll-King, in my view. However, using animation at the conclusion of your posts, such as the menacing one you have employed on this occasion, is hardly the example to which I refer.

Thanks for the welcome, and for allowing me to increase the sample you so need to gauge my talent.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Got it, thanks!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Thank you. Trolling - different from behaving like a troll, I would suggest in this instance, in my understanding of it - this site will take some learning, but with the information you have pointed-too, the learning has already begun.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Thus-far Daniel you posts have been very entertaining to me and I hope to read more of them as they become available.

On a slightly radical tangent have you heard of Cyclotouriste?

I did a brief search on your name and see that you are Australian and a fan of bicycles. If you like the highest quality trolling known to man I'd suggest you read up on Cyclotouriste. It's my favourite to date.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Holly poopery ... I did a search for that and found the ED page describing the above and one of the possible guys being Mr. Shaw... that rang a bell and I remember this nothing old thread where this guy was actually there!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So if Cyclotouriste is Shaw, he wuz hare ... figures cause he didn't last long.

Sorry for the sidetrack, I just thought that was kinda cool.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Holly poopery ... I did a search for that and found the ED page describing the above and one of the possible guys being Mr. Shaw... that rang a bell and I remember this nothing old thread where this guy was actually there!!!

My apologise to Daniel for this slight further derailment but that's friggin' cool that you had a conversation with the legendary John Gobin Shaw!

Everybody gets a bad day every now and then, his just happened to make him something of a hero on the internet. Sweet story

I'm pretty sure he's still around in one form or another.

I salute Daniel for allowing me to learn of this momentous occasion on his introduction thread!

-m0r

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Thus-far Daniel you posts have been very entertaining to me and I hope to read more of them as they become available.

I did a brief search on your name and see that you are Australian and a fan of bicycles. If you like the highest quality trolling known to man I'd suggest you read up on Cyclotouriste. It's my favourite to date.

-m0r

I am very glad you have been entertained.

No, I haven't heard of Cyclotouriste, and I am all the more confused for typing it into 'Google' just at the moment. It comes out a little all over the place, and the 'websense' filter on this computer isn't helping me to piece together a better understanding. Perhaps you could point-out something a little more specific in detail, or describe this "high-quality of trolling" to which you refer this specific name too.

On the other hand, Troll-King of Chatsitea, might I suggest, comes out like a very clean piece of reading when typed into this 'Google', even if the pages are difficult to access.

Yes, I am a fan of riding bicycles and do reside in Australia, presently. I own a generic MTB and a fixed gear bicycle I've named, 'Dutch Ghost'. If you're interested?: It's mostly white with orange Deep-V wheels, and the Dutch reference is in relation to the history of cyclists from this country and their way of never denying the cycling public watching a particular European bike race, the opportunity to observe a breakaway, in the true form of the time-trial escape.

Moreover, I have an interest in theatre generally, and will endeavour to be as entertaining as I can be, in the future.

Thank you for your welcome.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Daniel Moszkowicz]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

My apologise to Daniel for this slight further derailment but that's friggin' cool that you had a conversation with the legendary John Gobin Shaw!

Everybody gets a bad day every now and then, his just happened to make him something of a hero on the internet. Sweet story

I'm pretty sure he's still around in one form or another.

I salute Daniel for allowing me to learn of this momentous occasion on his introduction thread!

-m0r

Your apology is accepted. But just hang on there a moment, please sir.

Whilst I may have assisted you to learn of this "legendary' character, I did so by only posting my introduction thread, and in so doing giving members the opportunity to post some relevant information with respect to their welcome to me.

That you have learnt what you saw and identified, and wanted to find on the internet - perhaps is more deserving of a salute when this action of raising the hand to the forehead, is aimed in the direction of this site having an introduction column, the member whom originally referenced the item to which you refer by your own investigations, and your own timing in having come across it all.

Having said that, I do accept your salute toward me in the spirit of enthusiasm it was made. Thank you, and happy reading.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
you may be king elsewhere, here, you will bow to me.
welcome to my domain.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Quite a beginning for a newbie thread. Your trolling has caught some of us already. Nice work. Hopefully, a great content contributor to make this site more interesting, and a rational mind to discuss with supporting facts, you are.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniel Moszkowicz

A "true troll" is one who uses a persona, to bring a level of entertainment to their posts which makes for enjoyable reading for members. Combine truth with entertainment in such posts and you have the makings of a (master) troll or Troll-King, in my view. However, using animation at the conclusion of your posts, such as the menacing one you have employed on this occasion, is hardly the example to which I refer.

Sigh...

Firstly, your definition of "troll" is vastly incorrect. Seeing as the definition for "internet troll" has been detailed in full for many years, I thought I'd share it with you so you no longer misquote (or misunderstand) what a "troll is".

Definition of Web Troll

Quoted from link-
Trolling is a game about identity deception, albeit one that is played without the consent of most of the players. The troll attempts to pass as a legitimate participant, sharing the group's common interests and concerns; the newsgroups members, if they are cognizant of trolls and other identity deceptions, attempt to both distinguish real from trolling postings, and upon judging a poster a troll, make the offending poster leave the group. Their success at the former depends on how well they — and the troll — understand identity cues; their success at the latter depends on whether the troll's enjoyment is sufficiently diminished or outweighed by the costs imposed by the group.
Trolls can be costly in several ways. A troll can disrupt the discussion on a newsgroup, disseminate bad advice, and damage the feeling of trust in the newsgroup community. Furthermore, in a group that has become sensitized to trolling — where the rate of deception is high — many honestly naïve questions may be quickly rejected as trollings. This can be quite off-putting to the new user who upon venturing a first posting is immediately bombarded with angry accusations. Even if the accusation is unfounded, being branded a troll is quite damaging to one's online reputation.

See? Nothing as "self-promoting" or as "cool" as you have colored for yourself. And nothing "welcomed here or anywhere but in a troll's absorbed/misguided sense of "self-worth".

It is basically a trouble maker who has little skill "delivering important info" and more of a "gift at making waves".

Boy o boy, if you think you are the KING of that...You are going to have one hell of a time keeping your crown around here.

Thanks for the welcome, and for allowing me to increase the sample you so need to gauge my talent.

You build sentences in a way that shows you are not as intelligent as you seem to picture yourself.

Sounds like run-on babble with too few (or too many) words in-between each point. Where such a thing may "amaze the typical goon-minded simpleton", you will find Shakespeare's quote of- "brevity is the soul of wit" -leading you more to the truth.

In other words-

"Wasting valuable time and space in conversation or text, does not impress anyone with a basic grasp on the art of conversation".

Alas, you seem very prideful on this cyber-title you place on yourself, and I wouldn't want to crack your arrogant shell this early in our interactions. I will simply leave you with three warnings.

1) Trolls and trolling are both forbidden on this website. If you have gotten jollies or giggles in "trolling" on lesser sites, then I am happy for you. Try it here and you will not last long.

2) We have a circle of some really outstanding/brilliant minds here on ATS. If you stand to claim such a "high intellect", you will have to do more then walk around cocksure.

3) You are not the first, last, or even hundredth person in the recent past to come in here boasting about his intellect in a badly written fashion. I hope you do not fail in delivering "more thought provoking" material in the future. As it stands now, you are coming off as a nothing "kingly" or "above average trollship".

With all that said...welcome to ATS.

You have painted your agenda and your apparent desire to shine as some "troll god".

Sadly, you have just come off as a new stranger bragging about qualities that "not only do not last long here", but also do better to annoy then challenge a working mind.

I hope I have not judged you incorrectly.

But...I am very sure I have not.

Good day, your majesty.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniel Moszkowicz

If you are a "Troll King",welcome to ATS and have a nice visit.Many, on
this board, will have a troll for lunch.I know where I stand on the ATS
food chain,rock bottom baby!I'm the cat that is tossed out between two
pitbulls!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Daniel,
I'll look forward to catching up in a discussion somewhere and who knows... perhaps we'll agree or perhaps we'll give each other something to think about.
Until then, take care.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I dont think soo mommabeth; I have seen you take on a few trolls on here lol..

Btw, welcome to ATS.. Look forward to being banned with you in the near future xxxx

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

SHHHH,I didn't want him to know that I put trolls on the menu.Trolls jump
around and draw attention to themselves.They(trolls) get attacked by cats
and dogs alike.Trolls make the purrfect afternoon snack,high in protein,
and low in sugar.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
you may be king elsewhere, here, you will bow to me.
welcome to my domain.

I am afraid that you - like the many to come after you it seems - are getting me all wrong. I have never claimed to be this "King" elsewhere, nor here.

I don't bow before any human ruler. However, since you claim this "domain" to be yours - what I will do is always tip my hat in a sign of respect and acknowledgement that here you reside.

Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Let's take it one step at a time. Firstly, I need to make it out of this "introduction" thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Yes, your definition of "web troll" from a "link" on the internet is correct. Had you given as much thought to what I was referring, you undoubtedly would have had a far better grasp on the situation, and the awkward point you are making would not only be correct in context to what is being discussed, but would also be an example of a valuable addition to this discussion.

You took something which I referred to as a "True Troll" - a brand name if you will, - and turned it into your generic "Troll" definition. And, what's making me laugh so loudly presently, is that I gave you a definition of a "True Troll" in the first place. Which you evidently ignored, and jumped onto something of more interest to you, perhaps like a child would do with a new toy.

Moreover, no where on this thread had I claimed to be this "King". The thread, you would notice, if you weren't playing with your new kid's toy, is titled in the form of a directive, suggesting to the reader that he/she conclude that the author of this thread wants the reader to think of him as this "Troll-King" to which I refer.

So you see, that the "crown" you think I own and wear firmly on my head is an idea you have created through the directive in my title for this thread. I can only lose my crown, if you judge me to be wearing one and thus have it to lose.

For instance, you could say as you infer, that you (me) build your sentences so badly that - in my view - your crown is sitting on your head precariously.

You didn't say that - as well as one worthy of an opponent for me - because it seems to me that with your entry into the Grand Hall of such a battle arena as I create with my entry - you seem to be the one leading-in the donkeys, or as in the USA is described more familiarly as the genus Equus ass, holding the bucket and the scoop needed to keep things tidy after they get away from you.

That you are "sure" you haven't judged me incorrectly further supports my view that you think of yourself too highly, and thus in reality in this forum - are a bit of a dissapointment and failure to me. Perhaps like a pseudo-intellectual, who has done some reading, but who has the inability to argue a point or matter on its merits.

...and not the merits you bring with your amateur spin.

I welcome your reference to me as "majesty" and will understand that you will always be the commoner beneath me.

Good day to you, well-read amateur.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join