It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway Spiral : Case reopened - the anatomy of an event

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
just stumbled onto this thread.
OP, this is one of the best researched threads i also have seen on ATS.
my best friend is a math geek. i'm going to pass this thread off to him to chew on. amazing.

bookmarking now.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

So I see you have done some research for once and presented some reasonable information.

But I still think you go way over board on your pictures and diagrams,thought I know to impress the people on here you have to show them what you are trying to explain to them.

Did you read this paper?

Instabilities and pressure oscilations in solid rocket motors.

The rocket was spiraling not tumbling. That is what was producing the spiral.
Best analogy I can give is a unmanned fire hose out of control.

This article is from 2002.Written by Russians even.

Beam-plasma discharge in near rocket region.

Abstract The model of beam-plasma discharge near the rocket following electron beam injection into the ionosphere is presented. The dependence of discharge plasma density on neutral atmosphere concentration and beam parameters is found. Radioemission and luminiscence intensities from discharge are estimated. The model is consistent with the data of ARAKS and “Zarnitsa-2” experiments.

Maybe you found whilst doing your research this article.

COUPLING OF PRESSURE OSCILLATIONS WITH ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS IN LARGE ROCKET MOTORS,
oai.dtic.mil... l&identifier=AD0433999

The effects of ionization in hot gases produced in rocket motors showed that under certain conditions diffusion of electrons will produce a small current. This current will, in turn, produce a characteristic magnetic field observable from outside the plasma. It is also shown that under certain conditions an external electromagnetic field will produce pressure oscillations in the plasma which are independent of the natural oscillations of the plasma, and which are quickly damped by viscosity and turbulence.

I bet that would be pretty to watch at night.

I would also investigate this as a possible cause of the rocket spiraling.

Slosh dynamics

So I gave you a number of links to research as to possible logical explanations and known issues with rockets.

I will give you a star.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Wow you must have spent a lot of time on this! Way to go.

You really did some serious research. Fantastic job!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by JayinAR

Anyway, moving on. I'm done unintentionally hijacking this topic because of one person that likes to be a smart arse. After all this is the internet, you are a dime a dozen.

Guess what? I heard from an eye witness that it was actually an invisible dragon doing cartwheels through the air, blowing flames into a spiral formation. Oh yeah, he works for the government of the International Republic of Magical Creatures so his word MUST be true.

After all, that statement holds JUST as much probability as a missile and just as much proof.

i can be a smartass too. your posts are adding nothing to the thread, your point of view adds nothing to the thread and is hilariously ironic.

deny ignorance? you ******* embrace it. really quickly i'd like to point out that there is no hard evidence for this case. we have what we can see in film and photograph, and russia's testimony. yeah, all this thread does is calculate trajectory of the phenomenon and presents very logical reasons why what we see is a rocket because that is all we can logically relate to it right now, otherwise you think it's an invisible back-flip dragon and other crap you said.
so anyway, you're whole DENY IGNORANCE parroting is hilarious, especially when you do the 'alierns on de white house lawrn', you're saying we shouldn't believe the government? why not? until an independent researcher emerges with hard evidence to refute that claim, or the government itself admits it, all we can do is accept it with a grain of salt until we reach irrefutable contrary conclusions. people believe it cause it makes sense right now. nothing really strange happened that we can account for except that obama was in norway for the nobel prize at the same time. seeing as how NOBODY on this website can produce hard evidence, we will do our best at making logical guesses about what it is and isn't.

so nobody here is ignorant for going along and believing the story for now because there is absolutely nothing else to the contrary and you yourself bring absolutely nothing to the table except to criticize us for being logical. i can be very imaginitive and speculative but it's not going to serve any purpose really because there is no account of strange happenings about this case except for it's appearance.

and before you bring up how russia said it was a failed to sweep the fact that it was actually a success under the rug and keep people from asking about how and what was successful about this odd looking missle, you could ask the exact same questions about the failed launch, so being paranoid about it is pointless, especially if you're just going to be smug and call them liars instead of ask about the failure.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Thank you tauristercus for answering my earlier questions.

Someone earlier in this thread (can't find it now !) queried the expansion rate of the cloud - estimated size at 55kms within 3 seconds.

Whilst wondering what could cause that timewalker provides an unrelated nuclear hypothesis on page 7.

Could some kind of nuclear explosion have caused the rate of expansion ?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Said many times above but I also want to say this is one of the, if not THE, best OP I have ever seen on this site! Thank you for your diligence, research, mathematical expertise, patience, and contribution! I really enjoyed your work.

[p.s. that guy Agent USA Supporter should be permanently banned and given more medication. Hope his remarks didn't bother you for too long.]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Just out of curiousity, this is what happens to the spiral when you reverse the colours and push the colour saturation to the maximum ... now don't anyone jump on my case as the following comment is MY impression ONLY ... it looks like a 3D spiral tunnel receding into the distance, with a red artifact entering the spiral opening and staying close to the right hand side of the tunnel walls.

Again ... let me repeat ... "I'm not suggesting anything" by having reversed the colours ... just fascinated by the apparent 3D effect.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa90982ef0d8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustJoe
Your research is awesome...now explain the uniform shape of the spiral and the speed reached by the spiraling gas and the mechanisms that would allow for the witnessed event to happen in the way that it did. I totally agree there was a missile launch, but that some kind of other shielding or whatever caused the spiral and subsequent missile failure. You, sir, have chosen to ignore the hardest part to rationalize...The spiral itself...otherwise excellent math!!! Again based on your conclusions you have only proven the geometry of the supposed missile launch, but failed to explain any of the other impossibilities this situation created. A little hint: Gas and liquid rocket fuel could not be accountable for the spiral, period!

I dont think he needs a little hint you keyboard warrior....slow down. You are relaying the obvious but at least he has concluded it wasnt marty mcfly coming back through a wormhole from the future...Or John titor for that matter.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker

thought I know to impress the people on here you have to show them what you are trying to explain to them.

Do you know what you are trying to explain?? Or did you thought you knew....awwww grammatical errors crack me up.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by no one special]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Did any witnesses actually report seeing a rocket? Why do you suppose people saw the blue corkscrew and the white spiral but no one saw an actual rocket blasting off.

When the space shuttle is launched, you see a tremendous amount of flames from burning fuel coming out of the tail end of the rocket. Not the case here. Where is the rocket exhaust flame?

IMO, this is an unknown technology that may not have anything to do with rockets. It could be a time-travel experiment for all we know. I just don't see how a rocket can produce such a perfect spiral like that.

Furthermore, in the videos I've seen, it looks like a black patch of space opens up like a circular hole, almost as if a doorway to another dimension had been opened. Did anyone else notice that too? OK, what's with the black hole and what's with the entire phenomenon dissipating so quickly? It seemed to have disappeared rather quickly.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
First off, excellent thread very informative

I want to be 100% overwhelmed by your determination. However its no secret that I am a conspiracist, I question everything that looks out of place. Therefore, whilst I was reading your informative posts one after another, I saw in my mind and instantly knew that a post from a specific member would show up shortly after yours ending when I finished your posts I looked down and sure enough it was there. Because of this happening I have to question the agenda of this thread.

1.Your either a very talented educated member who has all the time in the world to research

2. Your something else.

I hope its not number 2 because I want to believe that it was a missile and not something else, but something in me keeps saying that its more than that.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

How does this Google Earth trajectory, as you have plotted out, compare to the trajectory of a known ICBM launch?

Originally nposted by Phage
I believe that the missile may have been launched in a north-northeasterly direction then turned east toward its target. This may have been done in order to avoid flying over populated areas of northern Russia or as a test of maneuvering ability. This being the case, it would have been viewed from northern Norway and Sweden with a tail on aspect. This indicates that a spinning third stage could have produced the spiral as has been described.

So, if I understood you correctly, when the object created the blue "contrail' it was heading in a northerly direction (right to left) and the object changes course heading East at about the same time the white spiral appears. From this perspective we would then be looking at the exhaust as the object is heading away in a north-easterly direction. That is an interesting point.

Can a missile make such a course correction? I can only speculate that at such a potentially high altitude it is possible.

If this was a course correction then where was the new heading (target) in relation to this data?

Something else I have noticed is how the "contrail" appears to get larger the closer it is to the source, or more accurately gets larger as it progresses further into its flight. Most contrails are smallest near the source and dissipate getting larger the further away from the source it is.
This object seems to be ejecting an increasing amount of material at an ever increasing rate of acceleration up to the point of dissipation where it really appears to move fast.

reply to post by timewalker

If the observed rate of dissipation was due to some sort of nuclear explosion (nuclear or EM pulse) wouldn't there be other evidence of this like perhaps sound?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I guess the "red artifact" would by necessity be seen against the right hand side as that is the angle of approach.

What was interesting was how the "red artifact" (blue jet exhaust apparently) seems to be thicker (perspective of spiral I guess) in alignment with the rings of the 3D spiral, if any of that makes sense.

I guess it's just the particular perspective of that picture.

Edited to add surely the 3D effect is because it is a 3D effect - aren't we looking at a cone rather than a flat spiral - looking into the large end of an ice cream cone type shape ?

[edit on 2-2-2010 by chunder]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Holy cow now thats indepth!!! Its gonna take me a while to figure it all out but thanks!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
After thinking about my comment of there being sound associated with this phenomena I felt the need to elaborate some.

Perhaps the people that were close to the launch sight actually heard a missile take off. I am assuming no one saw a launch from this location because of the rising Sun. Furthermore, considering that this alleged explosion would have occurred in near space its likely no sound could be directly heard but what about other means like NASA's VLF Receiver of the sounds of "whistlers" that are created by lightning?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
(continued from last post)
Obviously, the list of relevant documents go on and on. I have barely scratched the surface here. I dare anyone to use these articles as starting points for new searches, based on relevant search words.

I won’t even bother to analyze these articles, as I feel they clearly speak volumes for them selves. And just to state this CLEARLY: NONE of these articles can be used as evidence AGAINST there being a Russian rocket gone haywire involved in the Norway spiral phenomenon. They simply do not make a statement towards the necessity of having a malfunctioning Russian rocket involved in order to obtain such results. Now, if any evidence should come across that these articles and documents are all fabrications and hoaxes, then the scope of such an operation would boggle my mind even more than the content of these articles, not to mention the enigmatic motives behind such an absurdly elaborate and seemingly nonsensical hoax.

Thank you for your time. Brageboogie.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Something wrong happens when I paste very long urls. The EISCAT 5 year and 5-10 year plan documents are really intriguing, but I can't seem to make them work on this system. However, they should be read. Can someone give me a clue as to how to get them posted?

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join