It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mechanical Turk Has Manhattan Project Data Extraction Jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
In my spare time, I work on a site called Amazon Mechanical Turk

The work is called crowd sourcing, and jobs are submitted by anyone, Amazon just hosts the site.

I saw a few weeks ago a project for people to extract information on declassified Manhattan project paperwork.

I did not work on these because the pay was horrible for the amount of time required on each job. I must admit I did not look at any of the work at the time.

Now jobs have been reposted but the pay is 0.00, however you can read each pdf file they have for work.

the requester is :
Declassified Manhattan Project Data Extraction
Requester: Anson Parker

below is a description of the job description.

Get Names, Dates, Places, and brief description of the document - this is all going to be part of a much larger and open to the public database similar to the databases available on the Marshall Foundation website This is recently declassified microfilm from the actual Manhattan Project, originally scanned at the Marshall Foundation in Lexington, Virginia. Thank you for your participation Instructions: Open the one page pdf file and find all the names, dates, places and keywords - DO NOT SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE THE TEXT.... there are a lot of OCR errors and entries with garbled words must be rejected click here to open the pdf file DO NOT CUT AND PASTE DATA - YOUR ENTRY WILL BE REJECTED IF THERE IS A BUNCH OF MISTYPED DATA IN THERE!!!! If the cut and paste data is sensible go ahead and use it, we're trying to avoid having to spell check though Extracted Data: Names eg George Marshall, The President, Vannevar Bush, etc... Dates MM/DD/YYYY for example 11/31/1944 for November, Thirty First Places Washington DC, Africa, White House, Pentagon United States, Los Alamos, Oak Ridge etc... Other Keywords African Metal Company, Battalion groups, Platoons, Aliased names etc... A brief description of the document This may be somewhat difficult, please do the best you are able. This may require some real consideration, again, really appreciate your best efforts here. Please provide any comments you may have below, we appreciate your input! If the document is completely illegible write "completely illegible" if it is handwritten write "handwritten" (and do try to get as much information as possible.

As of this forum posting there are 395 pdf pages to be extracted, so there may be a lot of information there to be gleaned.

I am posting this here for anyone who has an interest in the Manhattan project and to discuss these papers.

You may have to register with mechanical turk to see these files, but its easy and take minuets.

I will say that the few pdf's I have looked at have a lot of names, dates etc.

Hope you enjoy.

sheila947

faminesfollies.info...

edited to post a couple pdf links

[edit on 31-1-2010 by sheila947]

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
And what do these files tell anyone.
The impending explosion at Trinity site perhaps.
Who were the heads when FDR said Einstein wrote me a letter saying that
Germany is ahead of the game for the A bomb. Is that ever explained.
Thanks but no thanks the events in history tell the story.
And if you think we went from a kluge of a bomb on a tower to sophisticated
successful bomb drop in a matter of months we do not need files of anything
from sources unknown of what was done called Manhattan Project Data.

This sounds as bad as all the Roswell rewrites from bids for writers to tell us
do not look at the German saucer scientists in New Mexico just read the
papers so they can tell us it can't be Tesla anything where UFOs are concerned.

new topics

join