It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal income tax delay?? Is the government broke?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have gotten a federal refund every year for the past 10 years at least. They have always come on time. I do taxes for my friends and family an again they always come on time! Now that for the last 5 years or so Electronic filing is now an option the IRS puts out a chart and tells you if your taxes are accecpted on this date you should get your refund deposited on this date. I have always gotten mine on time! So this year I got a bonus in 2009 and about half of it went to taxes. I am supposed to get back about 95% of it as a refund that was supposed to be deposited into my account Friday the 29th of janurary... So it never showed up! Ok I know I was honest a d I have no inaccurate info on my return! I called the IRS they said it has not even been processed yet and they have 3 weeks and could not give me any further information. So then I did so e checking and on yahoo, turbo tax, hr block and everyother tax site I could check there are tens to hundreds of stories EXCALLY like mine! I got my state return back no problem? I wonder if the federal government is behaving like many of the states are? With the defict as high as it is maybe people with larger returns are going to be screwed?? Many of the sites go back a year or more and there is little on there about these problems occuring on the same level they are this year!

Something is going on folks! The only similarity I have seen is the people with the larger returns >5k are the ones that seem to be affected!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Expecting a California style IOU?

I have always been the type that used my W2 adjustments to owe the government very little or them to owe me very little.

I feel it my obligation NOT to give the gov interest free loans throughout the year.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Perhaps the lesson is not to pay taxes to an agency completely at odds with what your Founders had to say about taxation.

In fact, instead of paying taxes, you should be demanding bail-outs for each ordinary citizen of the USA. I think $100,000 for each citizen is an appropriate thing for the Obama government to do bringing relief to the entire population of the nation and causing and enormous uptick economically.

So there it is, go out into your streets banging pots together and making noise and demand your personal bail-out from Uncle Sam (who has no problem printing up and paying out the money to corporations).

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
When I filed, I have to admit the thought that there may be a problem skittered through my mind.

I will know if your thread is correct in two weeks, because that is when I am due for my return. I depend on mine each year, I will be upset if there is a glitch, as I am currently laid off, and well, I factor my refund into how I survive during layoff.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have ALWAYS revieved my State return aprox 2-3 weeks after my Federal.

This year, I recieved my state 5 days ago and have not a clue as to where my Fed return is.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Federal income tax delay?? Is the government broke?

The simple answer to that question is yes.
Will you get your money,yes
Will you get it on time?Ask a Californian.

edit; best of luck sincerely!

[edit on 31-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Mine was deposited on the 28th at about 8pm instead of the usual after midnight on the 29th. So it was technically early.

I would say it is just a problem with your return.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
No, the government isn't broke, and just as what has been expressed here, you will indeed get your money.......however, it will be on THEIR schedule, not yours. The longer the money stays somewhere, the more the interest they receive yea? No different here. They expect theirs immediately, but when it is time to pay you..well..........Piss off and wait....

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I e-filed and got my a day early then they said. They said the 29th, it was deposited on the 28th.

Something is going on folks!

I dont think there is anything going on, IMO of course. It could be there is a very simple mistake on your return. Nothing you intentionally did.

[edit on January 31st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
They barrow money from you, don't have to pay interest on it, but still can't get it back to you in a timely manner?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lophe

Yep! And the longer it takes you as a tax payer to pay them what they feel they are owed, the more interest they receive from you, the tax payer, for not having paid what they think you owe them, on time. Yet, you, as a tax paying citizen, aren't as privy to such interest payments on that which is owed back to you, the tax payer, busting your @$$ for them in order for them/ they to do such again.....Oh look! A kitty!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Geez... you all have already completed your taxes?

Guess I'm a procrastinator. Haven't even started yet.

Having said that, I've got my taxes/deductions/etc. down to almost exact, such that I don't have to pay the Gov. nor do I receive much in return. I prefer it that way.

Happy Tax Day.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You know since I have been coming here someone has always put up a post about how the fed wont give me my taxes.

its late, bla bla bla..

Just give it time, you haven't figured out yet that we are dealing with the government?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

COMPLETELY AGREE!! However this was from a bonus and even though I claim enough they still took a ton out of the bonus I was told there was nothing I could do about this!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Some people are getting them on time but it appears many are not! Again it APPEARS more than last year!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i filled on the 15th, it was excepted by the IRS on the 17th.

i was supposed to have my return direct deposited on the 29th, it didn't happen.

i know the IRS only does the direct deposit on Fridays at least with my bank, so if its not deposited by Friday, im going to start to worry.

i have always gotten it in 8-14days in the past, is it just an odd coincidence that its taking longer now?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I hope nothing is wrong...yet.

I'm still waiting for the W-2 to get to me so I can even file the thing. Last year I had my forms by now.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My thoughts are if you've got money coming back you better get on you taxes right away. I can't help but get the feeling they know the wheels are falling off this sleigh ride and it won't be long before money means nothing. Just look at how Obama and his cronies ignore the polls, the people, the Congressmen, the spending, everything they do is just "Eye Candy" until it's over.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I always file my taxes early when I've got money coming back. I've been watching the Federal finance meltdown for months now and decided that a California-style IOU from Uncle Sam is at least plausible, if unlikely (my refund is less than $1,000).

However....

For the first time in fifteen years I've taken the unprecedented step in modifying my W-2 to have them take less out of my checks. I've been getting this eerie chill up my spine that things are going to get worse and next year I might be FORCED to accept an IOU.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If you look at the CBO (Congressional Budget Office) Budget Reviews, you'll see that individual federal income tax is down up to 25% over the last three quarters. Search the documents for the line 'Individual Income'.

www.cbo.gov...

The latest HTML is from December 2009, and for November it dropped from $146 Billion in FY2009 to $109 Billion in FY2010. Latest is the PDF from January 2010, and Individual Income tax revenue is down 19.2%, less of a loss probably due to the holiday layoffs and the associated bump from withholding 43% of folks' severance packages.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join