It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama High Speed Trains - Boondoggle !!! Fox News Scoop!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Listen for yourself.
High Speed Rail Debate Heats Up ! Well done Fox News Business!
I found the video here also.
Yahoo Clip - Fox News Business
When i hear the truth i recognize it.
All this money will be used to prop up the state pension plans.
It's just another money pit.
A slush fund. Just another "vehicle" to redistribute money.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Can't any one give a straight answer anymore?she got owned.S&F

[edit on 31-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
wow i feel like i just got done listening to a couple of children bickering.

I CAN TALK LOUDER THEN YOU!

[edit on 1/31/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

I like her line.
America has a 3rd world infrastructure???

I have seen 3rd world countries. She is lying.
He sure jumped on her for that accusation. What?!!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I think I've read her posts on ATS lol.Varney says it's a bad idea and she says well lets not build anything then.What a child.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

This project IS a farce. Charles was right!
All the states are signing up for it.
It's like a huge pork barrel project that will never get built.
----------------------------------------------------
Obama would be better off building a NEW city just north of
Los Angeles. Jobs....Jobs.....Jobs!
Plus we would have something to show for our investment.
Use GREEN building technologies.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Personally I think Fox news is a sham, but I agree with their analysis on this.

Comparing a high speed railway to interstate highway infrastructure, and what it can DO for America is not a good analogy at all. High speed railway would be a complete waste of money in USA.... It might shuttle a few workers.... Big whoop. Not worth billions.

It would not help America "grow". We need JOBS for that to happen....

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm all for upgrading existing rail lines and turing old ones into bike paths.
This particular high speed rail system may be a farce but I'm not against the idea per se. There may be places in the US that would actually benefit from the creation of high speed rail. Of course, we'd probably be better off maintaining the bridges and roads we already have.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
People who get their news from Fox are naive and often ignorant.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Personally I think Fox news is a sham, but I agree with their analysis on this.

Comparing a high speed railway to interstate highway infrastructure, and what it can DO for America is not a good analogy at all. High speed railway would be a complete waste of money in USA.... It might shuttle a few workers.... Big whoop. Not worth billions.

It would not help America "grow". We need JOBS for that to happen....

I'm glad you agree with the Fox News Business analysis.
You will NOT hear this truth on MSNBC because they are on
Team Obama. MSNBC "cherry picks" the news.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Did you watch the video? Or is shoving your head in the sand how you get your information? The discussion about the high speed train had nothing to do with politics. It was a attempt to put some common sense into the people who think its a good idea. Who exactly is the train being built for?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

My city and state lucked-out this round. I can't wait til Madison is hooked-up with Milwaukee and Chicago on the rail line (although there is a good chance I'll be moving to Australia or New Zealand before it is completed, although they already have infrastructure worthy of a 1st world nation, lol)....

On a somewhat related note, Madison just announced two new dog park locations, and as expected, all the local cons. are whining, whining, whining (there's corn fields and other places for dogs they say, lol).

What a joke, no sense of community good. I swear, if we had perpetual conservative rule, we'd still be traversing via covered wagon and getting fat off of the work of the slaves (the actual slaves, I realize corporatist-conservative-fascists have made most of us 'free' slaves already).

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 1/31/2010 by skunknuts]

[edit on 1/31/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

People who call other people ignorant and naive without even knowing them because of which BS MSM they watch are often trolls ^_^.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by Kaytagg

Who exactly is the train being built for?

People who use public transportation.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So the economy is in the tank and what's Obama plan? Build a fast choo choo train? What's a great idea /end sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
reply to post by Kaytagg

People who call other people ignorant and naive without even knowing them because of which BS MSM they watch are often trolls ^_^.

Fox news is a troll.

People who cite it on this website are inadvertently trolling.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg

Originally posted by angrymomma
reply to post by Kaytagg

Fox news is a troll.

People who cite it on this website are inadvertently trolling.

Fox is clearly the propaganda arm of the military-pharmaceutical-prison industrial complex. If one can't see that, they are, at best, a troll.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Watch the graphics and listen to whoosh bang sound effects. It's like Saturday morning cartoons for retards and children. Great looking women on there though; big legs, big lips and short dresses. Who cares about news and opinion!

ATS is the place for news!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Who needs to get an opinion from their tv set? i never got that. Fox is like 80% opinion shows. Real people make up their own mind about something, they don't take it from a hot girl/man in a suit on the tv.

Edit to add: Im not from the states, and used to unbiased news, so fox serieously disgusts me in all ways.

To get things on topic: Some high speed rail track would be nice for the states, any alternative to flying would be great (think airport security)

It would create jobs as obama said, and if money is an issue, just stop the 100 billion foreign aid to israel?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
lol...she asked the British guy if he's traveled around the world. That tickles me.

I guarantee, as someone from Florida, no one is going to use this high-speed rail to go between Tampa and Orlando. It's a two and a half hour drive! Goodness. The high-speed trains here in Europe actually go between places that are quite a ways apart, not two hours!

They wouldn't be able to finish this railway in even the ten years that that woman said. They can't finish anything in Florida! In my hometown, they've been working on widening a road that spans the width of the county for the last eighteen years! It's ridiculous. Expecting Florida to finish something, in which brand new stuff would have to be put down and built (as there are no train tracks that go between the lanes of I-4, which the woman said the train would be built) is idiocy.

The host had it right, Eisenhower had an advantage when he built the Interstate system. The biggest being that States weren't going bankrupt and running out of cash. I'm not opposed to the idea of a high-speed rail system in the United States. It could actually be a really good thing for some of those states in fly-over country, as visiting them may be feasible then, I believe. But this is a project that should be pursued when other parts of the economy are straightened out and the highway system is all finished being fixed, widened, and all that. And if they absolutely want to start the system now, please, choose a better route than Tampa→Orlando, It really isn't worth it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join