It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most U.F.O. skeptics are not open to the evidence

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
...didn't realize this was such an old post... sorry.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by awood]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I never get tired of these threads. Right up there with disclosure threads.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am not sure if I have contributed to this thread before, if so please ignore me, I apologise.

I wanted to say that I used to get fed up with sceptical minded individuals basing their views around scientific evidence. I used to get angry and throw my toys out of the pram, but nowadays I realise they are # scared, they are scared of seeing through their own eyes the real world we live in and not the diluted perspective from the media. Can you blame them, its a bloody scary thing when you open your eyes for the first time.

How many people that have taken the red pill wish they had chosen the blue? I know I for one sometimes think I would much prefer the cosy confines of ignorance, but the positives outweigh the negatives.

The irony is that we are all drawn to this site and we all share our own ideas, they may be conflicting from time to time but we share one thing and that is an interest into the unknown and conspiracies. Why else would we all spend time here?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
...Why else would we all spend time here?

You mean, like.. using a computer that was developed by... SCIENCE?

Yeah, science and the scientific method sucks. It is an attempt to clarify, to define, to prove, to find the truth - and who the heck wants that, compared to a decent fantasy?

Don't get me wrong, science ain't perfect by a long shot. But then... fantasy and blind belief is..?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ

...Why else would we all spend time here?

You mean, like.. using a computer that was developed by... SCIENCE?

Yeah, science and the scientific method sucks. It is an attempt to clarify, to define, to prove, to find the truth - and who the heck wants that, compared to a decent fantasy?

Don't get me wrong, science ain't perfect by a long shot. But then... fantasy and blind belief is..?

The problem with science its all cut and dry there is no room for maneuvering. Science is something that we as a human collective use in order to obtain knowledge through study and practice, this we can all agree on. Now when something happens that science can't explain and this 'something' could be detramental to the people at the top, its very easy for this 'something' to be swept under the carpet in order to keep the people at the top. If we lived in a non corrupt utopian world where power struggles didn't exist and greed was non existent, then I assure you we would living in a completely different world than the one we do now.

Looking at the evidence it is apparent that people all over the globe are being abducted by a species that aren't human

Looking at the evidence it is apparent that free energy exists but is being kept from the public by the people at the top who stand to lose their power.

Looking at the evidence it appears that there exists another dimension other than own, that can be transcended through meditation and illegal drugs such as '___'.

Looking at the evidence is it apparent that throughout the ages people have been killed and silenced in order to keep people dumbed down, un educated so that those who crave power can own a little bit more of our rock.

I personally have had an out of body experience i.e I have seen my body below me whilst another conscious part of me was floating above it. Can science explain that..........the answer is no, according to science I am delusional and/or lying.

I personally have seen a craft, ufo if you will, with my own eyes, I was not drunk I had not been taking anything, I saw it as plain as the nose on my face, yet science tells me it didn;t happen, because ufo's don't exist and perhaps I was mistaken or I am lying.

Personal experiences trump science everytime.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I wanted to say that I used to get fed up with sceptical minded individuals basing their views around scientific evidence. I used to get angry and throw my toys out of the pram, but nowadays I realise they are # scared, they are scared of seeing through their own eyes the real world we live in and not the diluted perspective from the media. Can you blame them, its a bloody scary thing when you open your eyes for the first time.
"Diluted perspective from the media"? You mean the same news sources that have been giving out UFO related stories, or all of the discovery channel UFO shows, or all the UFO websites, or all the UFO movies that have been made throughout the years. I'm sorry, but the media has been pretty open and positive towards UFO's/alien visitation longer then I've been alive. I believe in life outside of our planet, but I'm very skeptical of visitation. I WANT there to be evidence, but most of everything we have, has a pretty reasonable explanation. I'm not going to be ignorant enough to believe every story, or youtube video of a blinking light, and say "they're here!". If anything, the opposite is true to your little saying, as it seems you just live in more of a dream like state, and haven't opened YOUR eyes to the reality of it all. I'm not scared of the reality, you are.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Personal experiences trump science everytime.

No, no it doesn't, not even close. It may trump science to you, but it doesn't bring about anything concrete. If this statement was true, then the boogeyman is real, because I experienced him when I was 5 years old, along with Santa Clause. I personally remember seeing those things at 5 years of age, so they must be true, and trumps anything scientific about it.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by TravisT]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The problem with science its all cut and dry there is no room for maneuvering.

And you base this off what? The incredible scientific advancement we've seen in the past one hundred years is unparalleled in human history and you think this is somehow proof that science is inflexible or in-agile? Such are the statements of someone with a fundamental ignorance of science, born not of any real attempt to understand science but by a diet of vehement anti-science, produced by people upset that science does not support their personal beliefs. In other words, petulant immature people upset they are not getting their way.

Looking at the evidence it is apparent that people all over the globe are being abducted by a species that aren't human

Says someone who only reads the pro-abduction literature and nothing from the scientific community on the subject matter. The only thing that is apparent from the evidence is people think they may have been abducted by aliens.

Looking at the evidence it is apparent that free energy exists but is being kept from the public by the people at the top who stand to lose their power.

And this evidence is? Wild claims not supported by any evidence whatsoever is not evidence.

Looking at the evidence it appears that there exists another dimension other than own, that can be transcended through meditation and illegal drugs such as '___'.

So, because drugs alter the brain chemistry, you think this is evidence of another dimension? Ridiculous.

I personally have had an out of body experience i.e I have seen my body below me whilst another conscious part of me was floating above it. Can science explain that...the answer is no, according to science I am delusional and/or lying.

No, science has explained it, you have just chosen not to accept the explanation. That is not a lack of explanation but you rejecting the explanation and evidence to support that conclusion because you don't like it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
No, no it doesn't, not even close. It may trump science to you, but it doesn't bring about anything concrete. If this statement was true, then the boogeyman is real, because I experienced him when I was 5 years old, along with Santa Clause...

Fran's statement is the statement of the naive, of someone who has no critical thinking facilities whatsoever, who has never met an outrageous claim she has not accepted. It is also a statement of the immature thinker, science will not confirm her personal beliefs, therefore she rejects science.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Good post,

There's a lot of evidence for the things you have mentioned and I have also had personal experience with these things.

I have had 3 UFO sightings.

Anyone who has had an out of body experience, knows it's real. I have had several O.B.E.'s and at first they scared me. I would be looking at my body in the bed and walking all over the place outside of my body.

These things can be explained very well by extra-dimensions.

We have to exist in an extra-dimension of space. We call this dimension time. This is because we extend into the 4th dimension and our motion is in the 4th dimension .

There would be no movement for 3 dimensional objects without the 4th dimension of space.

It's like a 2 dimensional beings has it's motion in the 3rd dimension but it couldn't fully comprehend a 3 dimensional object.

If you were to stick a basketball in front of a 2 dimensional being they wouldn't see the basketball, they would see 2 dimensional objects appear out of nowhere because they couldn't fully comprehend the 3 dimensional basketball.

This explains some U.F.O.'s because objects from the 4th dimension would appear as 3 dimensional objects that appear out of nowhere and they would move in ways that seem foreign to us. This is because we can't fully comprehend the 4 dimensional object.

A good book to read on this is: Extra-Dimensional Universe - Where the Paranormal Becomes the Normal

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Interestingly I am very interested in dimensions, my interest stemmed from this particular video:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I think this kind of self proclaimed awareness, which is basically inflation of the own ego, is the main reason for people to follow this kind of "movements". It is very similar to religion, the idea of being part of the special group who have seen the light. A world consisting of stupid sheep, and the awoken ones. It is simple and satisfying, and no critical thinking is needed.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-

I think this kind of self proclaimed awareness, which is basically inflation of the own ego, is the main reason for people to follow this kind of "movements". It is very similar to religion, the idea of being part of the special group who have seen the light. A world consisting of stupid sheep, and the awoken ones. It is simple and satisfying, and no critical thinking is needed.

I am little confused about your post, in what context? science or ATS members in general?

In regards to the EGO I wanted to mention that if you (general) meditate you will know that after a few experiences the mind,body and soul will be overcome by the ego, suddenly you (generally) are aware of things others arent and the ego persuades you that you are 'special' I believe the Dalai Llama says that in order to see most things clearly one must deal with the ego first of all. This is entirely true, otherwise you (generally) start treading a path that is detramental to your (generally) growth.

Of course everything I have written above will be just a bunch of words and empty meaning to those who haven't meditated and/or experienced life 'outside' of the box.

Its that first experience/glimpse of life 'outside' the box that is with you forever and when somebody comes along and says it can't possible be true because science says so, its a little annoying to say the least

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

We have to exist in an extra-dimension of space. We call this dimension time. This is because we extend into the 4th dimension and our motion is in the 4th dimension .

There would be no movement for 3 dimensional objects without the 4th dimension of space.

It's like a 2 dimensional beings has it's motion in the 3rd dimension but it couldn't fully comprehend a 3 dimensional object.

I find dimensional physics fascinating too but this just doesn't make any sense Matrix. What motion are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Nice post was just about to do something similar glad I looked the best thing is people like this CALL US CLOSED MINDED

If any solution is given that bursts their version of reality its disinfo they want things to much, dont get me wrong I would like to see some real proof it would make my day but if given the mundane and most likely reason they dont like it.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

The motion I'm talking about is walking from A to B.

It takes time to walk from A to B. Without the 4th dimension which we perceive as time, there wouldn't be any movement in the 3rd dimension. So our motion is in the 4th dimension.

It's like if a 2-dimensional being walked along a mobius strip. There motion would be in the 3rd dimension even though to them they will only see their 2 dimensional world.

Picture of a mobius strip:

virtualmathmuseum.org...

Our 3 dimensional world curls into the 4th dimension and we perceive this 4th dimension as time.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

I find dimensional physics fascinating too but this just doesn't make any sense Matrix. What motion are you talking about?
She's talking about time. Basically, without time, we would be stuck in one position, unable to move/think, because we couldn't perceive the 4th dimension. Time is just the measurement of events, and without that, we would be stuck/frozen forever, unknowingly, in the 3rd dimension.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

How would time be perceived in a 2 dimensional reality? Also, how would time be perceived in a 4 dimensional reality? As I understand it the 4th dimension is hypothetical spatial dimension.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

We perceive this dimension as distance between A and B. Without the 4th dimension, there wouldn't be any motion. We need this extra degree of freedom in order to move.

The thing Einstein talked about is the distinction between past, present and future. He called this a persistent illusion. People ask why does time seem to move in one direction? Why can't we move forward and backwards in time? For this, you have to look at things like Entropy and the arrow of time.

Without the 4th dimension, the universe would be static, with the 4th dimension the universe is dynamic and we can move from point A to point B.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

We perceive this dimension as distance between A and B. Without the 4th dimension, there wouldn't be any motion. We need this extra degree of freedom in order to move.

The thing Einstein talked about is the distinction between past, present and future. He called this a persistent illusion. People ask why does time seem to move in one direction? Why can't we move forward and backwards in time? For this, you have to look at things like Entropy and the arrow of time.

Without the 4th dimension, the universe would be static, with the 4th dimension the universe is dynamic and we can move from point A to point B.

But you didn't answer my questions dude.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join