It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US rushes Gulf defense systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

US rushes Gulf defense systems

www.jpost.com

The United States has begun beefing up its approach to defending its Persian Gulf allies against potential Iranian missile strikes, officials say. The defenses are being stepped up in advance of possible increased sanctions against Iran
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The official statement is that this action is purely defensive. You have to wonder if there is more to it than that with all the talk of the last few months about Iran and their nuclear weapons programs. It could very well be an offensive move...
I believe that TPTB are itching to take Iran out of the nuclear equation one way or the other. We will see in the months to follow...

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 31-1-2010 by kennylee]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Go get em Bush, I mean Obama.

"Blood makes the grass grow, KILL KILL KILL"

This is getting intense, a lil too intense for comfort.
I fear something major is going to happen soon, I can just feel it.

Sorry for the simple post, but its all I have at the moment.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Yea, the pressure has been building for quite some time now with Iran and the Middle East. I really don't believe that it is purely a defensive move. Wait....Our government has never lied to us before.....
Since Obama is the Peace Prize winner he is probably doing it to keep the peace....okay.....
Like you, I feel that something is going to happen soon over there. I wonder who will take the first shot?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

You heard that saying "A good defense is the best offense".
And no, our Saviour would never lie to us, hes the man.

It seems as if people are just gearing up and getting ready for the big one.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Iwonder what is the actual delay is between these things actually happening and the political agenda being fullfilled when we are told about them..

Seems rather co-incidental that Tony Blair brought Iran to the Political table as a threat only a few days ago, causing debate that is still rumbling on..

I wonder what will be next?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Does anyone know how long it was from the first hint of WMD's in Iraq until Bush actually went into Iraq?
Anybody want to take dibs on who will shoot first? Iran? Israel? United States? Its a hard one to call. I think Iran will wait until they really feel threatened before they fire, but with the US buildup going on, they might feel threatened shortly. My money would have to be on the United States or Israel firing the first shots though, especially with the past track records of both countries.....

In the New York Times report it seems that the whole Middle East region is preparing for something to go down..........

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
War with Iran is nearly certain, either it will be started by Israeli strikes on Iran or by the U.S. (less likely) ... Either way, building up these defenses in the gulf region is a logical move.

While I believe the last thing the Obama administration wants is a military confrontation with Iran, they are faced with an inevitable confrontation and this move simply highlights that.

If there is a new war in the Middle East, the best way they can solidify US support for that war, would be following the aftermath of a large scale terrorist attack in the USA that can be linked in any way to Iran.

If the Israelis really want to take Iran out they should make that happen, then drop a few bombs on Iran... The US military can take it from there.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

If there is a new war in the Middle East, the best way they can solidify US support for that war, would be following the aftermath of a large scale terrorist attack in the USA that can be linked in any way to Iran.

response:
Very good point..
A false flag attack that kills thousands more Americans would definitely be the turning point on public support for another war. This is also a very frightening reality. This is one to watch really close....

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
With all the western warships in the area - around 90 apparently - the opportunity for another "Liberty" moment to kick off the game may become a factor.
Iran is not going to initiate any hostilities and fire first. They'll hold back and use the world stage to condemn any attack against them, and rightly so. There is then the little issue of Russia and China. Neither are supportive of new sanctions at the UN, so any such sanctions will be mainly a unilatertal effort outside of UN resolutions and any ensuing naval blockade of Iranian ports is of course an act of war.
Both Russia and China have large investments to protect as well so will not view kindly any US or Israeli action that may harm or threaten their investment.

All this because the Israelis want control of the region, and are using the US to get it for them at little or no cost to themselves of course - such a deal!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

response:
Very good point..
A false flag attack that kills thousands more Americans would definitely be the turning point on public support for another war. This is also a very frightening reality. This is one to watch really close....

"Not if, but when."

If you are living in a major U.S. and/or perhaps even a U.K. city considered a prime target for a large scale act of international terrorism, or retaliation NOW would be a logical time to consider a move to a more "safe" rural location.

The time for talk and empty threats is quickly running out.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

War with Iran is nearly certain, either it will be started by Israeli strikes on Iran or by the U.S. (less likely) ... Either way, building up these defenses in the gulf region is a logical move.

My money is on Iran starting it. I can see one of the anti-government factions launching a missile attack on Israel or Iraq. They would be trying to get the US to force a change in Iran's government, leaving them in charge.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

well with all the "Terrorist Alerts" that have been in the news and news about all the "New Ways" that the terrorists have came up with to succeed in their plans, TPTB have the multitudes expecting an attack. Most will never know that it is probably a false flag attack.
Until I found ATS last summer, I had no idea about false flag attacks myself. I don't think that every attack is a false flag operation, but they are out there and they are real. I'm so glad that I was awakened to what is really going on by ATS and it's members..

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

My money is on Iran starting it. I can see one of the anti-government factions launching a missile attack on Israel or Iraq. They would be trying to get the US to force a change in Iran's government, leaving them in charge.

I've been of the opinion for a while now that the only way a war would happen is if the attack was on Israel, opening the door for Israel to respond and theofre justify an ever expanding war.. any other event would have us sceptics coming out of the woodwork.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
US speeds up its own and Gulf allies preparations for clash with Iran

Please contribute to the ongoing discussion located at the above link

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join