It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN agency calls for global cyberwarfare treaty, 'driver's license' for Web users

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

UN agency calls for global cyberwarfare treaty, 'driver's license' for Web users

rawstory.com

The world needs a treaty to prevent cyber attacks becoming an all-out war, the head of the main UN communications and technology agency warned Saturday.

International Telcommunications Union secretary general Hamadoun Toure gave his warning at a World Economic Forum debate where experts said nations must now consider when a cyber attack becomes a declaration of war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
He ATS.

Is this a new problem-reaction-solution thing they are creating? Or is it all about getting control over the internet. Maybe its both creating a new battlefield always suits the elite.

A passport for the internet doesn't seem a good idea for me though. I think non of us here has that opinion.

Peace and lets cherish the free internet.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This seems impossible. After all you don't need an army or a coordinated government backed force to embark on a "cyber" attack. Some lone individual from a smart phone anywhere can do it. And if that happened would it be considered an act of war? Would it be considered an act of war if some guy from America went to China and stabbed a guy?

The UN isn't exactly known for being grounded in reality or instituting useful or worthwhile programs so the absurdity if this proposal doesn't surprise me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

join