It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Virtual Ring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The code seems to be irrelevant at this stage according to -5-.
So having read again the text, it say's

"...Whe you find my virtual ring copy the complete url with the item my ring is in..."

If you go to the find the rings tab at the top of the page there is a ring...no?
So I've spent the last hour copy pasting the url / and different objects into deep access like, box, square, website, page. You get the drift.
Have a look, maybe a programer type can come up with some better words that describe what the ring is in.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I tried that yesterday as well....no results.

I don't think we have enough pieces to the puzzle...I'm pretty sure that that isn't code at all...the fact that it repeats could mean that it's a cut and paste job. It was just to make it harder to find the message.

soemtimes you can't see the sheep from the wool...so to speak.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
ok so the ring is somewhere else. I bet we have the info already thats why -5- is prompting us. It was going the wrong way with the code an all.
There must be something to do with the dots. He kept going on about connect the dots. And the following day all the dots appeared on the ring page.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well, here is the clue.....

when you find the location of my virtual ring, enter the complete URL combined with the item containing my virtual ring. Confirmation will be requested, and the ring expedited to your specified location.

First, we need to establish all of the rings...

Picture
O 0 or o
Webring of some sort?
A group?

The item containing the ring...
a file name
a thread
a word with the name in the middle

Now, comes the question of how to we enter it in.

What is the URL?
we know that we have 4 known websites.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.findtherings.com...
www.denyignorance.com...
deep.access.abovetopsecret.com...

The next question is how do we enter it?
I mean should the object containing the Virtual Ring be a folder name or a file name.

There was a thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
this had the picture of the ring right?
It says that this is not the real ring.
Does that mean that it is the Virtual Ring? Is the hint somewhere in this?

No solid Idea, just popping ideas out there...... hope they help

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So you're going to put you trust into -5- and assume that the code is meaningless? I have seen nothing yet to convince me that he is anything but another person trying to find the rings. His posts have contained nothing other than weak "hints" and cryptic messages regarding this not being a game. If you're retort is "then why hasn't he been banned?", the answer is because he hasn't posted anything that could be mistaken as a clue. 5 did that, and he was banned for it.

Let's say that -5- is right, and the code is meaningless. So, the whole point of that clue was to confirm that 1's ring is online somewhere, and when we find it we need to enter the URL into deep.access? Not much of a clue, IMO. Notice that the FTR announcements page says "The first important clue for locating the first ring has been revealed." Telling us that 1's ring is online doesn't seem very important to me, seeing as how we already knew that.

You followers of five keep looking; meanwhile, I'm gonna find the ring. hahahahaha.

[Edited on 5/27/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I understand your reasoning, I just don't agree with it.
The game needs a protagonist for times like this when it goes off track.
That is -5- role.
It enables the gamemaster to maintain an element of control and direction.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Changing of subject
Anybody knows who came-up with the words -history & list- for deep.access and where do they come from...Was it a wild guess or it comes from a previous clue.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
History came from the post it note in the locker.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
list came from a hint from -5-

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4
www.webring.com...

...i feel like i want to punch you...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link