It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priest checks fingerprints for mass attendance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Now we have fingerprinting in the church too. Is this a good move? I hope that this is only for the school kids and not for adulls. If as an adult, your fingerprint was taken when you attended a church, will you like it?

I dont think this is a bad move, but then I think I would rather not have my fingerprints where I go to church

A Polish priest has installed an electronic reader in his church for schoolchildren to leave their fingerprints in order to monitor their attendance at mass, the Gazeta Wyborcza daily said on Friday.

The pupils will mark their fingerprints every time they go to church over three years and if they attend 200 masses they will be freed from the obligation of having to pass an exam prior to their confirmation, the paper said.

The pupils in the southern town of Gryfow Slaski told the daily they liked the idea and also the priest, Grzegorz Sowa, who invented it.

Source; www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Uh, I don't know about this, it sounds a little queer.
It seems that the good old way of having the teacher lead you into mass would suffice.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hilarious.
Where's the priest's faith

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I don't know about fingerprinting the kids, that does sound strange.

But what about for "mega" churches and their nurseries? Drop your kid off, have your print scanned, and when you pick the kid back up you have to rescan your print to make sure its actually you? Wouldn't be needed in regular sized churches, but when you have 3000 plus congregation, might be an interesting concept....

new topics

top topics

join