It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Superconducting Super Collider In Washington?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I was taking care a of a patient today in ER. During the treatment, I started up my usual distracting conversation so that the patient can relax some what. The patient stated that they built tunnels, some in Washington D.C. recently and some in the state of Washington. He then asked me if I was familiar with CERN. I said that I was and, it was interesting on how some of the unfortunate events had caused some delays. I had interjected that if we (America) had continued with the one in Texas, he would have gleaned an exorbitant amount of knowledge by now. The next thing he said, was, if I knew anything about the Superconducting Super Collider that was completed in the State of Washington. I said, I don't. He said that his company just completed finishing the construction of all the tunnels that are used for the Superconducting Super Collider.
Has anyone else heard about this? Mods, please post where appropriate.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This appears to have been in the works for a while, but I couldn't find any real news online on the location.

This document appears to have been written before a location had been chosen, but there were definite plans to build one somewhere.

Also in the works are the Electron Ion Collider, as well as upgrades to the National Synchrotron Light Source.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Newspaper article

Here is an article from 87, maybe that can shed some light.

I had interjected that if we (America) had continued with the one in Texas, he would have gleaned an exorbitant amount of knowledge by now

I dont get this bit though, the U.S has fully operational colliders at the moment.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sciemus

Thanks, this is now becoming more interesting. Star for the info from the CBO.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Well, that's an interesting article too! But it seems to convey that it had not been built yet. Star for the find.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What are these Super Colliders true purposes?

are they a weapon by any chance?
maybe something for a 2012 event?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The United States supercollider was killed in 1993. There is no collider in Washington.
www.damninteresting.com...

Waxahachie...Washington. Sounds like...

[edit on 1/31/2010 by Phage]

join