It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could See What I See

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have been a member at ATS for almost four years now, and I have have to say that it is still one of the best sites on the net. I am alarmed at a couple of things, but, for the most part, I still think highly of ATS. However, my couple of problems with ATS currently is not really what this thread is about.

What this thread is about is how in the dark a large percentage of the posters here seem to be. As conspiracy theorists,it is by our very nature to point fingers and play the blame game. I see it as being a very slippery slope indeed.

I say this because it has become apparent to me that many, if not most,point their fingers in the wrong direction. I suppose the old saying, "When you point your finger, you have three fingers pointing back at you," certainly applies here. Let me explain in detail what I am talking about and give some examples.

We live in a world that is very confused, first off. The line between the "good guys" and the "bad guys" has blurred to such a degree that I am not sure that anyone sees the truth proficiently.That is likely to worsen as we approach the climatic decision to either spiritually evolve or devolve.

Here are a few threads that disturb me:

Elephant attack in India

Now, the whole premise of the thread above was based upon the idea that the Godhead somehow favors one group of people over another. Isn't that type of thinking part of what is wrong with the world today? I certainly think it is. I think that the Godhead is more worried about whether humanity, as a whole, is ever going to awaken than about what group of people should be "favored." Hey, but that's human nature. We develop this idea that "I'm special. You're not."

"Satanism" is on an astonishing scale

Where? I find it rather amuzing that some people find anything that doesn't coincide with their own personal beliefs or mores to be "Satanic." What, I'm supposed to believe that there is this large segment of people worshipping the devil? Bah...

My point is this, if you're going to point fingers at groups of people, at least know who or what you are pointing at. Most of these people, I am speaking of, do not even have a rudimentary understanding of the belief systems they are attacking. However, I am not surprised; they don't even have a rudimentary understanding of their own belief system!! To ask them to know anything about those they attack would certainly be asking too much.

We live in a post 9/11 world where people are refusing to see the truth for what it really is. Yet it is obvious. However, because the obvious truth disturbs so many so much, they have to look for clandestine boogey men to blame.

I have no need to think that "secret" socities are behind the ills of the world. I have no reason to think that it is all some elaborate occult scheme. No, all I have to do is turn my news on, or look at the daily happenings, and the REAL culprits are obvious. However, some would still rather look for the clandestine boogey man. This is because the truth disturbs them. It steps on their own proverbial toes.

Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the United States military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found.

The sights are used by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and in the training of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers. The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army ...

One of the citations on the gun sights, 2COR4:6, is an apparent reference to Second Corinthians 4:6 of the New Testament, which reads: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Crusade

Oh, but this stuff is rarely mentioned here. Nah, most would rather talk about how some clandestine "secretive" group is trying to "rule the world." Why is this? A realization that what is going on is a religious war steps on too many proverbial toes and "hurts" too many feelings.

The Muslims are no better. As a matter of fact, in my humble opinion, they are worse. Here is a fine example, look at the pictures on this thread:

Annoying pictures

Yeah, now I mean to tell ya. That's a religion of peace right there!! Wow.

So, it is incumbent of those who see the truth for what it really is to speak out without fear. If we don't, when we are living under the rule of some theocratic state, then we have no right to complain, moan and groan about it. That's just the way it is, folks.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It's that age old battle between GOoD and Devil.

Help Haiti

[edit on 31-1-2010 by skepticantiseptic]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticantiseptic
It's that age old battle between GOoD and Devil.

Help Haiti

[edit on 31-1-2010 by skepticantiseptic]

Well, to be fair to Billy Graham, at least he didn't claim that Haitians were the "spawn of the devil."
"Patty" Robertson did.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Perhaps what you are seeing is the polarisation of humanity as manipulated by Belief-Systems, the Indoctrinations into those and The Dream, all of which is sponsored continuously by the Media in all forms and modelled so beautifully by just about everyone on the face of the planet?

Few people ever ask themselves, "Why do I believe what I believe?"

Maybe this is so because most people are far too busy speeding through their lives in the pursuit of Lifestyle, and the dollars to support it. Mind you, that lifestyle is presented to us as The Dream and fostered by just about most people, and, all Media.

As for this godhead/god/universe/fred/barbara.. choose any name or title as it doesn't really matter. It does not CARE about anything we could do, in the same way that we don't care what an atom in one skin cell on our arm is doing. We just aren't that important, although our unbalanced Ego will have a hard time accepting that since we do Believe in general that we are the epitome of life in the universe.

To clearly perceive the bigger pictures would require most people stopping what they are doing in life and focusing solely on getting clear, and of course when you have been brainwashed into believing the meaning of life is to fit into The Dream, then you cannot "afford" to take that time out for your own sanity and clarity.

Separation and the pursuit of externally-applied "happiness motivators" is how things have to be for now so we may allow the Mindset of Might is Right to reach its natural conclusion. This has to be so that humanity completes it, is totally finished with it and does not need then to invite back in our future.

Only then can the seeds that so many have brought with them this time be seen to grow and be nurtured. And it will take considerable birth-pains to bring the new into the world because the old refuses to lay down and accept its "use-by-date".

In large forums such as this you will get all sorts of people, all sorts of motivations and expected outcomes. These reasons are why you see what you see here and everywhere else you look clearly for now.

Worry not my friend, be the seed planter you chose to be and allow the rest to take care of itself.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thanks for addressing this touchy subject.

There are a lot of people who have been so hurt, offended, insulted, or let down by Christians that I'm almost ducking when I mention something about my faith in a posting, though I shrink from deliberately offending someone and will mention it as it is relevant, quite often, IMO.

Having said that, it's true that Christians have lied, sneered, been deceived (fancy trappings while the poor suffer all around), deceived others (not going to name names, but we all know), stolen, pandered, murdered, molested, and certainly cheated on our taxes.

I have never been very welcome in any mainstream church, so I lost the lure of religion or socializing at church very early. No one could answer my God questions, and every teacher or pastor I spoke to seemed to have better things to do, and shushed me in front of the other kids. I just felt rejected, and still not having answers from the "experts," I left and chased my first love, the glories and grandeur of the natural world, science, then physics, then quantum particles, and the finally ran into the knowledge of God there. It was much quieter, and He always leaves my questing mind satisfied, even overflowing to the point it's not about those things as much as it is about finally feeling that there IS an answer to every question, as much as we can possibly seek it. We can have all we can handle, that's been my experience. Very different than most churches. Even the small ones often model their behavior after the larger, more "successful" church-type corporations.

Still, I am one now, a Christian, that is, so please allow me to apologize on behalf of the ones that hurt you. I have nothing but love and hope for people, and I seem to be able to see beauty where others cannot. It's there, one must only want to see it for it to become apparent, no big secret. But it's lacking in churches. And who am I not to take the blame for my sisters and brothers? So I beg you, forgive us and don't hold it against God or His Son. They deserve better!
Insider information: it's the lack of the Holy Spirit, through never understanding and receiving Him, or through ignoring Him repeatedly and driving Him away, that's keeping church people blinded and coldhearted. Also, without God's help, no one can even see what is going wrong.
So if that interferes with ATS, I apologize. Perhaps it would be expedient to let you all in on the fact that God IS confronting Christians everywhere to put up, not shut up. He is calling people to wake up, repent for their failures and sins and good deeds not done, and to get it together NOW.

It's happening in the Christian world just like everywhere else. This is information that fits into the picture, and I hope it makes folks feel better who have been "done wrong" by those who are known as Christians. God is dealing with them, with us, with me. It seems to be a worldwide phenomenon, FYI.

With sorrow and love...please forgive. We are actually your servants, according to our faith. And that's no lie!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I once met a devout christian girl who started preaching to me about god and how everyone should embrace him. When I asked her if she believed in EXTRATERRESTRIALS she vehemently opposed the idea that such beings could exist. So I thought for a minute and then I replied with 'wasn't jesus' a non human being, I mean he could walk on water, make water in to wine feed 5000 people with one loaf and lastly he survived his death she became stumped and didn't have any answers, all she said was "thats the devils work" i.e ET and life beyond earth.

I mean this girl represents alot of religious fantatics in this world, whilst there is an overwhelming amout of evidence that we are not alone on this planet and indeed universe people still seem to shrug it off as a myth. Perhaps more of these fanatics should come on this site and look for the truth like the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
annoying pictures are nothing but mind tricks, all the signs are written by one person, they used the same paper and same pen, they probably gave them out to stupid uneducated wahabi assholes...

i'm a muslim and i tell you this now,

saudi arabia, and pakistan are the main cause for extremism... the wahabis are a sect in islam that believes that they are the only true ones and they should kill every one, thats why they slay the shias in iraq since 2003

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just what kinda of Darkside of the Force nonsence are you trying yo sell here? Any fool should known that to correct a problem you must first ILLUMINATE said problem. So knock it off, pointing fingers, please.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
With regards to questioning your religion....that's extremely painful. Which, in my opinion, is why most people shy away from it. Far easier to declare, "I believe it, that settles it," than actually examine those beliefs, decide what is truth and what is rubish, and then live accordingly.

That happened to me. I actually got thrown out of my Sunday School class because of the questions I was asking.....which prompted me to question more. In fact, all those questions led me to a bachelor's in religious studies, and I'm still searching for an answer.

I think, sometimes, that the answer may lie more in the journey than the final destination.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlos115
Just what kinda of Darkside of the Force nonsence are you trying yo sell here? Any fool should known that to correct a problem you must first ILLUMINATE said problem. So knock it off, pointing fingers, please.

SpeakerofTruth wasn't trying to sell anything, but instead was merely pointing out some things to discuss.

Speaker is illuminating a problem for it to be addressed.

Manners and decorum are important on large forums like ATS, so what needs to be knocked off is the opposites of those attributes.

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I think, sometimes, that the answer may lie more in the journey than the final destination.

Yes, there may not even be a final destination as we would generally interpret it. In which case the Journey Is Everything.

* Edited for spelling mistakes caused by dyslexic fingers

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

That was beautiful and very, very truthful. It is uncommon to come across one as open as you have been in your post.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by carlos115

Well, it's fairly obvious what I am saying. Those who are pointing their fingers at the so-called "culprits" of the problem are the very ones who are the real culprits. Who are these people? Fanatics. If you can't see that, then you are no more aware of what is going on than the rest of the people who have their "heads in the sand."

[edit on 31-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
So we can agree that its all just radical or evangelical parts of religion that is the problem. Extremists on both sides don't even see how similar they are, with the crusading evangelicals versus jihadi (or however you say it) muslims. I subscribe to the "all things in moderation" type of lifestyle, even with religion. We as human beings tend to run in groups, it seems it causes much more conflict when people can't exist together. I left my church because they said it was right to kill Muslims or people of any other faith that weren't Christian. That's just sick to teach a group of people, and to be honest doesn't do anything to the injustice done to both sides. Xenophobia and even some form of creed-ism will still exist in the human psyche in a perfect society, just going back to the group mentality. Its when those who believe they are supreme and can't exist with any other groups enter the picture that things always get ugly.

top topics

join