It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words of gifted young artist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
"Some of us are convinced that we have already found the truth, others are still searching for the greatest power, but the ultimate truth lies humbly within each of us ~ the best place to hide the infinite treasure. And that is a true power and the greatest mystery of God.

We are all ONE, no matter in what form, space or time. As ONE we can change the world if we start changing ourselves. Respect is acceptance.

We live in a beautiful universe ~ even ruined by destruction it slowly resurrects itself remarkably, because there is a quantum world that is virtually EVERYWHERE. And it is indestructible. It holds IT—INFINITE TARGET." -Akiane

Source - Akiane's Blog

I discovered Akiane a couple years ago and check in every now and again to see her new work. For those of you that have never heard of her, she is an extremely talented young artist who's work is unmatched. She is truly an inspiration. On this visit I discovered her blog, which is new from the last time I checked her site out some time ago. I found the above quote to be apt for us ATSers, especially for when we get a little cynical. Check out her artwork, her various youtube vids, poetry and especially her paintings.

Akiane's Gallery

Peace to all.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
She IS an amazing girl. Thanks for posting this. Her paintings are remarkable, but her story is even more startling.

She says God visited her, took her to heaven and into space, and then her entire family, who didn't even own a Bible, became Christians.

I guess they believed her.

The paintings are definitely proof of something extraordinary, and she says they came from God.

Proof, witness statements, convincing evidence of her story. Too much to discard, IMO.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I taught art in elementary schools and this girl is way, way ahead of her peers. Even at age 4 her pictures show an understanding that most kids don't have until they are 9 or 10.
Top 10 visual artists in the world? Sorry, I think not. She's amazing but only for one her age.
Child prodigies are usual sad cases later on, they get so many accolades and praise that as they grow older and aren't so "unusual" they fade into obscurity.
With print prices at $400 and up she better make all the money she can, adult artists can usually look forward to waiting tables for a living. Frankly most of her work is about the quality and look you find on Bradford exchange collector plates ( think wolves and indians).
Seriously she needs a teacher that can help her to grow. If left alone I doubt she will change at all from her present abilities,
I don;t mean to criticize her work, she has an amazing gift for proportions and imagination. I wish her well but I doubt her success will continue as she ages. Great story and link!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Perhaps you missed this part from her blog.

"I do not paint for praise or acknowledgment. I do not paint for money or vanity. I do not paint for influence or inspiration.

I paint only for one reason… no special reason, at all ~ I can’t help it, I can’t stop it. It’s as simple as that. "

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The young lady certainly does have ability in the graphic arts; but as a gallery owner/critic/artist; the subject matter seems more targeted to appeal on a commercial level. For my a taste, a bit to "sweet" and clichéd.
Not so much "Art" but a product to be marketed. Still, I wish her all the luck in the world as I do all people struck by the muse, if in fact that is the case.

"I do not paint for praise or acknowledgment. I do not paint for money or vanity. I do not paint for influence or inspiration.

At $400 for a print; that's hard to believe. And that being said; there is nothing wrong for an Artist to be a capitalist and profit from their efforts.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by whaaa]

[edit on 31-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
She's very talented. The early drawings indicate that she has quite a gift!
At such a young age she is already a wise old soul. Thanks for sharing the link.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
She has an unique gift, and that is art.

It takes a highly attuned perception, in order to relate to it, expresses and draw it out into an empty canvass. This is not something that every ordinary mortal can do, more so at her unusually high standard of creativity seen by all.

And there lays her true gift - that gift of perception within her, something that others cannot percieve in the mind, let alone express it, beautifully.

Art may not be her only form of unusual expression. If properly taught at other academic subjects, that gift of perception may offer much more deeper insights than other mortals can perceive.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I find her interesting. Her art has progressed nicely for being self taught. She has a gift. After reading a bit more from her... well she's an interesting character. Very philosophical. I went to her parents blog and saw "Cure cancer with baking soda". They lost me there. Anyone with something that stupid on their website doesn't deserve my attention

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
IMO the important thing to remember in this case is that she is tapping into a part of the universe that we can all share. I truly dont think that she is painting for money and the only reason that her price is so high is because she is a very special because of her age and exposure, I support her for capitalizing, i would do the same thing. at least, I support her in spirit because i'm not paying 400 bucks for a print.

Originally posted by DrJay1975
I find her interesting. Her art has progressed nicely for being self taught. She has a gift. After reading a bit more from her... well she's an interesting character. Very philosophical. I went to her parents blog and saw "Cure cancer with baking soda". They lost me there. Anyone with something that stupid on their website doesn't deserve my attention

I didn't realize that her rents had a blog, i didnt dig that deep but this article on Icke's site discusses that very topic, yes it is nuts, but may very well be true. I meant to look into it more and try to find testimonials that would verify the claims. Thanks for reminding me.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Med scool, residency, interning and private practice. It's a lie. Cancer isn't a fungus and these quacks fundamental concepts of the disease itself are incorrect. And being as their treatment functions entirely off that premise it's bunk. Testimonials by whom? Real people? Nah, not unless they are paid to lie or not being provided with all the information. They tell em stuff like the sodium bicarbonate in your chemo meds actually took care of the cancer not the chemicals. LOL sorry I'm done I don't want to hijack the thread with a bunch of lunacy.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I could see a modern American doctor getting upset with the realization that the drugs they recommend are a treatment for symptoms and not a cure for the ailment prescribed. maybe a bit off topic, but on the same playing field. Why cant it be, as far as I've heard that isn't a cure for cancer, right.

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Med scool, residency, interning and private practice. It's a lie. Cancer isn't a fungus and these quacks fundamental concepts of the disease itself are incorrect. And being as their treatment functions entirely off that premise it's bunk. Testimonials by whom? Real people? Nah, not unless they are paid to lie or not being provided with all the information. They tell em stuff like the sodium bicarbonate in your chemo meds actually took care of the cancer not the chemicals. LOL sorry I'm done I don't want to hijack the thread with a bunch of lunacy.

Paid off!! really, aren't MDs paid off by drug companies. "hey good doc, give out my samples and we'll cut you 15% of your next order." something in here definitely reeks.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Blogbuster]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
In my estimation she is not an artist just quite yet, but she is a very gifted illustrator. Having looked at her works I could not, in truth, place her within the ranks of folks like Picasso, Matisse, Goya, Rembrandt and Da Vinci. I fear that her Christian dogma might well doom any asperations she might entertain of truly entering the world of the Fine Arts. Their dogma, across the boards these days, seems to truly set limits on free expression and thought, and serve as an instrument to dumb people down rather than to enlighten. Her pictures are accurate and astute, but, so far, they only demonstrate a draftsman-like ability to render detail in her subjects. Her themes are rather trite and simplified, no doubt given to her age and understanding. It will be interesting to see what she produces once puberty hits her with all cannons blazing. She definitely has potential. If she wants to join the greats, however, she needs to grow intellectually and lose those infantile spiritual fantasies. You ain't voicing God, honey, you're just voicing you, just like everyone else!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
She's very strange, in a good way...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Never mind. I watch her life story on youtube and it turns out she never went to school and her mom just let her stay at home all day long painting and writing poems... You or I could also be that good at painting given that much time and freedom. That's not really a prodigy in my mind. If she's truly receiving divine inspiration from God himself, why does she choose to paint the same insipid image of the stereotypical Jesus that's been perpetuated into society. I would expect something of more originality or imagination.

top topics

join