It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Line Question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have been thinking a lot lately about dreams of a precognitive nature, where people have seen events in the future. There are a few documented cases, where a persons dreams or visions of the future have come true.

The question I'm about to ask is both hypothetical, philosophical and scientific in nature. The answer too it, depends a lot, on which scientific theory of time travel, you might subscribe too.

How you answer this will depend firstly, on whether you actually believe that time travel is possible in the first place and secondly whether your prepared to believe, that people can and have, seen events in advance of the future. If you don’t believe in either, then just try to answer the question from a hypothetical perspective.

Background information:

Let’s just say, that someone has seen the future, either by traveling in a time machine or by a precognitive vision/dream. They see a future disaster, e.g. a plane crash and they now know the exact date, time and place it is going too occur. They also have about a month, before this event will take place. They now try to prevent this disaster from happening, in any way they can.

Question:

Do you believe that the future event would play itself out, exactly as they had seen it, (in their time machine or precognitive dream/vision) regardless of what they tried to do, to prevent it?

Or, do you believe, that the future event could be changed/prevented, by their attempted intervention, thereby changing the future?

Put more simply, my question is...

Can the future be changed?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Another question could be, by them knowing the future, is it there actions that causes it?

What came first, the future event or the actions of the one seeing the future event.

Paradoxes.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
if i were to believe in time travel then i'd assume that the future could be changed by those in the know.

maybe that's why there haven't been any major terrorist attacks on US soil since 9/11? perhaps it's time travelers who are averting those attacks?

lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

If they used a time machine, the event most likely wouldn't happen anyway. When they traveled back to the present they left their timeline and entered a similar, but different reality.

If they received a vision/dream, they would have no way to prove it was really going to happen anyway and people would think they're crazy.

~On a side note, if they saw the plane crash, using either method...wouldn't that mean it was going to happen regardless of their actions?~

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
In a infinite multi dimensional reality, that we exist in where each existence is separated by the smallest of vibrational fraction of different s traveling in to the passed or future would only bring you to a parallel existence, that is not exactly the same as the one you left, so when you travel back it would not be the same as to the one you left. So no matter what you do the time lines would never cross and thus all events would continue in that time line uninterrupted but it may alter the other time line, but you would never be able return to your original time line anyway. No matter what you would do.

Infinite multi dimensional reality is what most theoretical physicists are using right now to under stand the universe we live in today.

A future event is only a possibility of one infinite outcomes, that may or may not happen in your reality. There are also all of the other people that are involved in this event as well that all have to make the right choses to make what you saw happen as well so it is only one outcome of many that could happen or what you saw is a personal message for you to decode.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Hi,
From my perspective nothing is set in stone. What can be foreseen is possiblities and probabilities only. The clearer a see-er's "filters" are, the more probable are the outcomes foreseen.

In my line of work I offer insight into possiblities and probablities for a client so that they are better equipped to make their own choices relating to outcomes. So with this foreknowledge a person can change directions or paths in order to alter those outcomes.

A personal example is the foreknowledge I get for myself of pending danger.. usually while driving... so I then alter my actions to suit the probability I foreknew. In most cases this results in me being in the right place and at the right speed to avoid that oncoming vehicle, or whatever it was I had insight into.

So, based solely on this I would definately say that a person can change an outcome that was foreseen.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Originally posted by Signals
If they used a time machine, the event most likely wouldn't happen anyway. When they traveled back to the present they left their timeline and entered a similar, but different reality.

Yes, it most likely wouldn’t happen, but this works both ways (no pun intended) because, even if, somehow, they could return to their own original timeline reality, the timeline reality in the future, where they witnessed the event happen, might not be destined to happen, in their own timeline/reality. Although having said all that, it doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t happen either and I guess it would probably depend on how similar, both timeline realities were, when compared to each other.

When a person has a precognitive dream, it is possible that they are somehow able to pick up image’s, that have already occurred in an alternate reality. Perhaps a universe that is a day, a week or a month ahead of our time etc…

These visions may be from a reality that is very similar to our own but might not be identical. The problem is, if this other future reality is not identical to our own, then any event that is seen, might not happen at all or in the same way.

Originally posted by Signals
~On a side note, if they saw the plane crash, using either method...wouldn't that mean it was going to happen regardless of their actions?~

This is what I am trying to fathom out. If the scientific theories, about there being infinite multi dimensional realities are correct, then that would seem to suggest that the future can be changed. If on the other hand, there are no dimensional realities other than our own, then IMO, time appears to be fixed/set and unchangeable.

- JC

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Because you said the magic word which is "Hypothetical" and because your question is something I take interest it, I felt I would attempt an answer to your question or at least offer some food for thought. Get ready to munch, munch.

Simply put, yes. Yes, you can change the future. Anyone of us can change the future at any given moment of our lives, but when you experience a precognitive episode of some future event, then the rules begin to change.

Doing nothing of your knowledge of that future event or incident is a dangerous way of proving that you're just thinking foolish thoughts. Then again if you do something and in your mind the tragedy is averted there is no way of knowing if the opposite would of happened if you had done nothing. You're left not really knowing if your involvement had any real influence over the averted tragedy.

While I tend to err on the side of anyone's safety I probably would do something to prevent some future event but at this juncture I have to state that when you get into looking at your question from a different perspective your question takes on a different direction.

While precognitive abilities of the future is indeed a gift, doing or not doing something gets to be self evident when we do it or choose not to do it.

It does not however provide the tangible proof of evidence that would be necessary to claim an ability to alter future events. To be able to alter events with regularity like some precision surgical team one would have to have some secret technology that would allow one to see the future and then use that information in the present to change, alter, murder or do whatever was required to ensure that the future time-line becomes reality.

While I realize this is more than you asked for, I would ask that if you're interested in future events being altered by those in the present and how that would work and what type of alterations would anyone abusing such secret technology seek to alter, then I recommend that you go to member listing and look me up and read some of my many ATS replies regarding time travel and secret technology. You just might find some interesting food to feed your conspiratorial interests. Thanks for the posting. I obviously read it.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Originally posted by MaxBlack
Doing nothing of your knowledge of that future event or incident is a dangerous way of proving that you're just thinking foolish thoughts. Then again if you do something and in your mind the tragedy is averted there is no way of knowing if the opposite would of happened if you had done nothing. You're left not really knowing if your involvement had any real influence over the averted tragedy.

Yes, you are absolutely correct in your thinking. I also considered the possibility that if time is unchangeable, then, a persons attempt at intervention, to try and prevent the disaster from happening, may actually help to bring it about! I know this sounds crazy, but for me, it’s like the ultimate catch 22 scenario.

Originally posted by MaxBlack
While I realize this is more than you asked for, I would ask that if you're interested in future events being altered by those in the present and how that would work and what type of alterations would anyone abusing such secret technology seek to alter, then I recommend that you go to member listing and look me up and read some of my many ATS replies regarding time travel and secret technology. You just might find some interesting food to feed your conspiratorial interests. Thanks for the posting. I obviously read it.

I have only looked at two of your posts so far but I found them really interesting. I was aware of the Dan Burisch material, regarding the possible future timeline disasters, which he believes have now been averted. I’m still not sure what to make of Dan, but I am more fascinated by the scientific theories, connected to time travel it self.

I hadn’t however, seen or heard of the Andrew D. Basiago interview, even though I had subscribed to the interviewers Youtube channel, over a year ago…. so thanks for posting it. I’m only up to part 10 of the interview and so far, I’m captivated by it.

If what Dan Burisch and Andrew Basiago are saying is true, then multi dimensional universes must exist. This also seems to be the model/concept, that most modern day scientist are leaning towards, when discussing theoretical time travel.

Andrew D. Basiago interview…Part 1

- JC

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If you travel back and forth through time, you could be traveling back and forth through a holograph of time. If the holograph is perfectly accurate, it is partially determined by your time traveling experience, therefore inclusive of it.

If you are traveling back and forth through time, as if time were a physical dimension rather than causality (what I consider time to be), I suppose you could rearrange the pieces but what would happen would depend on what kind of rules that kind of time follows. & there are any number of ways that scenario could work itself out, given different variables.

A vision based on the vision occurring, inclusive of your reaction of the vision, would be worthless – but could happen anyhow, spontaneously, as the result of some kind of psychic process. A vision of what is most likely going to happen if you don't take the initiate, potentially causes a better future than what would have existed without the vision. In this sense, it doesn't change the future – it helps create the future. But it still prevents some catastrophe.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Dr. David Anderson interview, on the Art Bell Show….

This interview sheds some light on my question!

Fast forward to…(8:12)

- JC

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
First thought that comes to mind is Alpha and Omega - the beginning and the end

What constitutes " Time " and how do we measure it?

Time is part of the measuring system used to sequence events, to compare the durations of events and the intervals between them, and to quantify the motions of objects. ( Observation and measurement of patterned / sequenced events ) = a preset course / outcome ??

Normally I would not link up to my own personal blogs etc but I just feel too lazy to write it all out again - just some of my thoughts on the subject

Synchronicity

Can we alter future events - possibly but more than likely not because we are governed by the law of predictability - well at least it seems that way

[edit on 6-2-2010 by destiny-fate]

new topics

top topics

join