It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth becoming invisible to aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

"Dr Frank Drake said the phasing out of analogue transmissions from television, radio and radar was making our planet electronically invisible from outer space.

While old style signals used to spread out millions of miles into outer space, even reaching some distant stars, digital transmissions are much weaker and therefore are less easy to detect by extra-terrestrial life forms.

But Dr Drake, who founded the US based organisation Search for Extra-terrestrial Intelligence (SETI), 50-years ago, said the phasing out of analogue transmissions was making this virtually impossible.

He said the earth used to be surrounded by a 50 light year wide shell of radiation, with old-style television transmissions generating around one million watts.

But he said with satellites aiming much of their transmissions towards earth now virtually no radiation was escaping into outer space.

He explained: "Now the actual amount of radiation escaping is about two watts, not much more than you get from a cell phone. If this continues into the future, very soon our world will become undetectable."

Dr Drake said he remained convinced that intelligent life does exist somewhere in the universe but suggested it was likely to be much more advanced than here on earth.

He told a meeting at the Royal Society in London: "We're going to have to search many more stars and many more frequencies."

My remark: I suppose SETI can turn off it's radio receivers now and donate them to HAARP

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
IF i were one to speculate upon those outrageous theories regarding nibiru, and if i was one who speculated upon the existence of a certain race of beings referred to as Annunaki, then i may also continue my speculation upon the idea by theorizing that, were Nib8iru to xcome closer to us, and were it to have a race of sentient beings, then quite possibly, we have made ourselves undetectable so as to not have the Annunaki become inquisitive and decide to visit our little planet.

But, if i was one who speculated upon this 3600 year visiting cycle of a so called Nibiru, then logic would have me ask a question which ihave never seen asked before, which is, does the Annunaki faction from 3600 years ago, remain the same faction in control of "Nibiru", or is it a loose conglmeration of "countries" as our world is? Does anyone ever speculate upon the politics of that theorized planet?

love and peace

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiseone11

"Dr Frank Drake said the phasing out of analogue transmissions from television, radio and radar was making our planet electronically invisible from outer space.

While old style signals used to spread out millions of miles into outer space, even reaching some distant stars, digital transmissions are much weaker and therefore are less easy to detect by extra-terrestrial life forms.

But Dr Drake, who founded the US based organisation Search for Extra-terrestrial Intelligence (SETI), 50-years ago, said the phasing out of analogue transmissions was making this virtually impossible.

He said the earth used to be surrounded by a 50 light year wide shell of radiation, with old-style television transmissions generating around one million watts.

But he said with satellites aiming much of their transmissions towards earth now virtually no radiation was escaping into outer space.

He explained: "Now the actual amount of radiation escaping is about two watts, not much more than you get from a cell phone. If this continues into the future, very soon our world will become undetectable."

Dr Drake said he remained convinced that intelligent life does exist somewhere in the universe but suggested it was likely to be much more advanced than here on earth.

He told a meeting at the Royal Society in London: "We're going to have to search many more stars and many more frequencies."

My remark: I suppose SETI can turn off it's radio receivers now and donate them to HAARP

This is Different story if Digital electronics is Using Ternary System instead Binary system

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is Different story if Digital electronics is Using Ternary System instead Binary system

I don't know what that means...but it sounds important...:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I think Stanton Friedman and others have pointed out before the illogicality of the SETI program, namely that it is based on the massive and unlikely premise that an extraterrestrial civilisation would be beaming out radio waves.

The premise is similar to that of expecting ET to be using semaphore and searching for life by using powerful binoculars looking for big flags!

Much more likely would be that they use tight-beam laser communication or a similar technology that is extremely difficult to intercept.

In my opinion this is also likely the correct answer to the Fermi paradox. The lack of evidence of ET can simply be put down to their use of undetectable communication methods. After all, a truly intelligent species would see the wisdom in not advertising their presence to the universe, at least until they could confirm they have a bigger stick than their neighbour.

[edit on 31/1/2010 by MarrsAttax]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
We're going into stealth mode. That just might be a good idea.

It also could indicate the futility of searching for extraterrestrial signals. Our "noisy" period has lasted a brief time, less than 100 years. Other civilizations would be likely to follow a similar pattern so unless they are intentionally broadcasting (and they may have good reason not to) there would be a very short window of opportunity to catch their spurious signals.

[edit on 1/31/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Don't all the prophecies say that UFO visitation is supposed to increase, not decrease?

I would think if the aliens couldn't see earth as well, they wouldn't show up as much as they are now.

Then I think someones theory maybe a little mixed up.

Just my thoughts...

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
...... tourist attractions , and resupply specks , would feature

on all real time , three dimensional , intergalactic star charts .....

..... repeater stations would also relay earth's more entertaining media

productions . "invisible" ... ? ......... LOL

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I can just imagine how they think when they fly by...

"Oh look at that amazing planet! Its like, organic material all over the place. And liquid water, lots of liquid water! Unlike any other planet in the solar system, its a one in a gazillion type planet!!!"

"It has no analogue radio signals. Lets go, its not interesting"

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This is a duplicate thread, the first one was posted 3 days ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wiseone11

haven't these fools realized that the ET's are not using radio waves to communicate???

it's like wire tapping the home of a mute family who only use sign language . . .

what a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Theres already an existing thread on this topic sorry

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by wiseone11

haven't these fools realized that the ET's are not using radio waves to communicate???

it's like wire tapping the home of a mute family who only use sign language . . .

what a waste of time.

LOL!! Thats a good analogy!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
so they won't get our crappy tv shows? Who cares they'll still be able to pick up WOAI 1200, I'm sure they'll love Rush.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have heard that Star Trek should be out to Zeta Riticuli by now... I am reminded of that Tim Allen movie "Galaxy Quest" in which an alien race believes the show to be real. Hmm.. maybe..

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

what if that was the case and they were motivated to "catch up" to us, then actually built one. LOL we would feel like failures at that point....

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I remember reading about all those old radio/television signals. They did not travel very far, infact they never left the solar system.

If you are familar with analog signals, the more watts behind it the furthur it goes. Unless we were beaming those radio and tv shows from the 40s and 50s with a hundred billion watts, using one hell of a beam antenna pointing straight up.

Normal broadcast signals are transmitted using omnidirectional (or near omni) antennas. The signals are radiated in all directions instead of being focused into a narrow beam. It's quite likely that our best technology couldn't detect an ordinary broadcast signal past Neptune.

Most of them just bounced back to earth via the ionosphere. If the conditions are right, you can talk to people around the world on only a few watts.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by phrankie79]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think if there are civilizations out there, they would be seeing our transmissions of nuclear detonations and paying the most attention to that type of "broadcast"
In fact, for me, I would say this is exactly what happened.

top topics

join