It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities quietly reverse underwear bomber tale

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The whole war on terror is so unreasonable that it's stupid.

It's been reported that there are only a few hundred or thousand Al-Qaeda and Taliban members, and the U.S. sends over 100,000 troops (NOT including XE/Blackwater Mercenaries which are about another 40,000+ troops) to fight a few hundred people.

They spend hundreds of billions, and for what? To kill a few hundred people?

Over 300,000 Million people in the U.S. are somewhat becoming effected by the decline in the economy, and the money is going over there to fight a few hundred people.

It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

There's more MS13 gang members in the United States than all the terrorists in the Middle East combined, and yet no one gives a damn about that.

However, it's not surprising that the CIA makes money off drugs, so therefore, OF COURSE no one would care about gang members.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Weren't there two accomplices?
Maybe more?

The way I understood it there was the guy in the suit that helped the panty-bomber get on the plane and then there was at least one more that was onboard with him that authorities detained as well.

Can't remember who was leaking this information. It was some lawyer that was on the same flight.

Yeah, this is yet another example of the Feds being involved in this crap. Otherwise, they would have just come clean with it. They would love nothing more than another opportunity to scare the crap out of the public.
But they can't let all this out, or people will realize that this was going on with the help of the FBI.

At least, that is how I see it.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

Of course this was a false flag.

They wanted full body scanners in the airports so they invented the underwear bomber.
This in turn will lead to this:

rawstory.com...

[edit on 31-1-2010 by The Baby Seal Club]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Detroit plane bomber 'acted alone'

DutchNews.nl - ‎Jan 6, 2010‎ An initial police investigation shows Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab probably acted alone. Some other passengers on the flight say they saw him together with a ...

Dutch say failed plane bomber acted alone

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The Nigerian man accused of trying to blow up a flight from Amsterdam to Detroit on Christmas acted alone and probably smuggled the explosives from Nigeria, the Dutch public prosecutor said on Tuesday.

Attempted Christmas Day bomber had no accomplice

Posted on: January 8th, 2010 by Trevor Woods Dutch authorities have confirmed that the man accused of the foiled Christmas Day bombing of a Northwest Airlines jet Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab did not have any accomplices working with him when he attempted to detonate a bomb hidden in his underwear.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Seriously? The Dutch 'Authorities' officially announced he acted alone as you can see in my response to Doc Velocity.

Originally posted by loOranks

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Funny, I heard the accomplice story from Day One, and I've never heard anyone deny that story. As I understood it, an Indian or Pakastani guy in a business suit was seen assisting the panty-bomber before he boarded his flight.

When was that story ever denied?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/30/2010 by Doc Velocity]

Agree mate... this story was being told from day 1, also in Dutch newspapers, and don't recall this as being denied... Also, don't really get how this 'news' makes is a 'false flag operation'.... or can only an Indian/Pakistani man be well dressed if he's CIA??

[edit on 31-1-2010 by loOranks]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I know they were a long time browsing airport tapes. from the day of the incident until January 4th or 5th. there was supposed to be 200 hours of tape?? I didn't think they would hold out against Haskell for long.

This is an interesting link to a possible agenda as to why the bomber even got so far as he did,
www.youtube.com...

Another thing, why did the bomber not remain in the loo? he had been in previously for 20 minutes, he should have been able to do more damage there, in a much more confined space.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Great question about why didnt he just stay in the loo.

Perhaps the sensitive smoke alarms in the bathroom would have set off before he could make any real progress.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The original story in some media markets did NOT tell there was a second individual involved. ONLY because of the passenger who spoke to the media in his hometown did the feds finally come clean.

Example: Where we live the media did NOT tell of the 2nd individual.

But across the border in NC just 4 towns away, the media DID tell of the 2nd individual.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Game_Over

The detonator for that bomb was acid in a syringe. It was a chemical based bomb. he more than likely was instructed to set off that device near or at a window to cause maximum results. Which is why he didn't go to the bathroom.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I thought you would get more bucks for your bang in a confined space, and noone would be able to see you....I thought there are toilet windows in at least some planes. What happened, was Superman being a naughty boy again!

[edit on 31-1-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Smurfy you crack me up!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a potential false flag and only 2 pages of replies, at least we know the government is succeeding in suppressing not only the facts but the interest in the facts

its hard to believe more people dont have an opinion, or are not interested in this topic

also interesting how it just seemed to disappear in the media after the haiti situation, actually makes you wonder if the two are linked

if the government was involved in both, which some believe (some think the earthquake was caused by someone (not saying i do or dont believe that), the haiti thing would be a great way to take attention away from the attempted bombing thing if people are getting close to finding something out, and it definitely took all the attention away from it

personally i havent heard anything in the media about the panty bomber in a long time

to me that is very interesting, i mean how can people buy the fact that this young kid was able to be that successful on his own, personally i dont buy it

even if on that day he acted alone, he still would have had to have a significant amount of support prior to the situation

planning something like that is not easy, and im sure it wouldnt be tackled as a one man job

on top of that, if he truly is al queda like they claim, wouldnt you want much more publicity on the matter as a government member, in order to get to the bottom of the situation and get the rest of those involved, or do they really expect us to believe all the worlds terrorist are working together in a huge plot against us, and if they are, why arent we in a full out world war?

if he was truly a member of al queda and this was all real, in my opinion there would be significant reporting/investigation/publicity surrounding the circumstance in an effort to get the specific cell of terrorists/al queda that was involved

when was the last time you heard juicy information that the media didnt jump all over?

having eyewitness reports of a second or 3rd individual involved is something the media would usually jump on with quickness

however here, its barely reported

doesnt add up on my calculator

if someone else was involved they would hop on it for scare tactics which = ratings

however here they ignore the situation

from my experience in the media if theres something that = ratings that they dont jump on, theres a very serious reason for it

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Dramey]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
just to reiterate the point about the media jumping on things

remember the coast guard incident in D.C.

they jumped on that quick
but here, no reports on anything about a second person involved or even potentially involved

seems a lot fishier then our oceans ever were

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Baby Seal Club

Wow. Unbelievable!

It seems airline passengers are the new crash test dummies for any kind of new technology they want to trial. And without consent too! Just change some legislation and hey......they can do as they please!

So long as it's covered in a blanket of national security B.S.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I wonder when they are gonna show it on the tv where I live, guess like never.
Long story short.
For some time ago my friend had a 7month old dog, cop killed the dog and on tv they said it was a big dog that was about to attack the cop. Great World.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join