It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superstore caters to marijuana growers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Superstore caters to marijuana growers

Link to video: Marijuana superstore opens in Oakland, California

This is the first I've ever heard of something like this. From the video, it could potentially be very lucrative for the state of California. However, the vast number of uses of hemp is no secret, and has been snubbed for so long. I wonder how long this will be sanctioned?

I'd like to see some of these out East!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thats incredible, we need some up north here in canada, eh?

I won't count on it though.

IMO, this is a smart step for california. I mean if your economy is on the fritz, and theres a hell of a lot of your states money going into said product, why wouldnt governments open a business and tax the hell out of it?
all that money has always been going to the peoples hands, this just diverts it into their own pockets.

they should've thought of it sooner. ;/

Right, looking like a hypocrit in front of the big pharma companies doesnt do a lot for their reputation, i suppose.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just saw this on the CNN site. Oakland is where it's at.

They say everything starts in Cali/the west coast and 5 years later it sweeps through the country.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
THC can impact the brain in a way to inspire an individual to think creatively, and that's the last thing TPTB want. That's my personal opinion on why this wasn't done sooner.. and also why marijuana, and about every other mind altering drug (with exception of course) is illegal in the United States.

As far as Cali being the start.. I can only hope this sparks the rest of the states to light up!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Lots of stores like that where I live. Funnily enough this one is opening in oakland and thats where I live. Pot growing and pot usage is a pretty regular normal thing here in the bay and northern ca.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
THC can impact the brain in a way to inspire an individual to think creatively, and that's the last thing TPTB want. That's my personal opinion on why this wasn't done sooner.. and also why marijuana, and about every other mind altering drug (with exception of course) is illegal in the United States.

As far as Cali being the start.. I can only hope this sparks the rest of the states to light up!

Marijuana/THC is a two-way street. It can help bring out creativity, as well it can do the complete opposite and stunt it.

imo, Its all in the mentality of the individual.

Remember ANYONE can abuse ANY drug, pharmacautical drugs prescribed by doctors too!

Marijuana is as much an anti-depressant as a pro-depressant, with its ups and its downs. Only you can decide for yourself if its benefitting you and your life as a whole. If it isn''t, like every other drug abuser... intervention may be necessary.

Anywho, i hope thats not tredding the 'no-go' zone for substance talks on ATS. :s

top topics

join