It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish Jews flee as violence by Muslims grows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is shocking news, Swedish jews are leaving a town called Malmo because violence against them is growing. I have never seen such anti-semitism here in Europe and especially in Sweden. It seems that this is because of Israel, and some Arabs are doing this.

"“If you read between the lines, he seems to be suggesting that the violence directed toward us is our own fault simply because we didn’t speak out against Israel,” Sieradzki explained." as the article says.

Threats and harassment are becoming increasingly commonplace for Jewish residents in Malmö in southern Sweden, leading many Jews to leave the city out of fear for their safety.

“Threats against Jews have increased steadily in Malmö in recent years and many young Jewish families are choosing to leave the city,” Fredrik Sieradzki of the Jewish Community of Malmö (Judiska Församlingen i Malmö) told The Local.

Last year there were 79 crimes against Jewish residents reported to the police in Malmö. “That probably doesn’t tell the whole story because not everyone chose to make a report.

In addition to the far-left, Sieradzki said that a “very small segment” of the city’s growing population of Muslim immigrants from Arab countries in the Middle East are also responsible for growing anti-Semitism.

Source: www.thelocal.se...

[edit on 30-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
well even the peaceloving swedes are tired to defend the unthankfull israelians.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

To be honest , I'm surprised it isn't happening elsewhere as well.

People aren't buying that ole Anti-semite crap anymore, And Israel

it seems , isn't fooling anyone with the "Blame the Muslim" BS.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So in your opinion, people of the Jewish faith who live anywhere in the world are now fair game due to the actions of the government of Israel?

That's interesting.

well even the peaceloving swedes are tired to defend the unthankfull israelians.

What is an Israelian?

I assume it's a bizarre way of saying "Israeli" which leads me to my next question. This story is talking about Swedish citizens who are of the Jewish faith. Which Israelis are not being defended?

Two very interesting replies.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
This is shocking news, Swedish jews are leaving a town called Malmo because violence against them is growing. I have never seen such anti-semitism here in Europe and especially in Sweden. It seems that this is because of Israel, and some Arabs are doing this.

Most people of the Islamic faith are Semitic as well. Also remember that there can be non-Semitic Jews and Muslims (They are just religions. You can be a Chinese Jew for example). Just a pet peeve of mine. That word gets thrown around way too much, and is pretty much meaningless now that its original definition has been warped to mean someone of the Jewish faith (rather than what it actually means: "member of any of various ancient and modern Semitic-speaking peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, Arabs, and Ethiopian" en.wikipedia.org...)

But in any case. This influx of violent Arabs in Sweden is just at odds with logic. Why are so many people of the Middle East moving to central and northern Europe? There really is nothing similar (customs, laws, weather, land, traditions...nothing) between northern Europeans and Middle Eastern people. There's nothing wrong with that, diversity is good. But it just doesn't make sense.

Is there a large influx of South Americans moving to Australia and starting trouble? I doubt it. There is obviously a plan behind this. Nobody wants to leave things they know and understand unless there is a purpose for it. I say, keep a wary eye on foreigners, especially those of an Abrahamic Religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

So in your opinion, people of the Jewish faith who live anywhere in the world are now fair game due to the actions of the government of Israel?

That's interesting.

What is an Israelian?

I assume it's a bizarre way of saying "Israeli" which leads me to my next question. This story is talking about Swedish citizens who are of the Jewish faith. Which Israelis are not being defended?

Two very interesting replies.

Thank you.

What , am I going to be banned now , for a honest opinion .

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is wrong and the govt should step in...its simple....no person be it jewish or other should be threatened.... its the type of thing we have police for.

This could happen to any group.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's a darn shame though that people are treating the Jewish people in other nations like the Jewish settlers are treating the Palestinians in the West Bank in Israel.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Longbob]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The Muslims are a nightmare wherever they go. In Scandinavia it has been growing worse and worse especially in Denmark where the Muslims like to attack and torture the Native Greenlanders who live in Denmark.

Say what you will but there is nothing redeeming about Muslim culture as it exists today. And I expect it will be too little and too late when the non-Muslim states will figure out that they need to evict the Muslims and send them all to Saudi Arabia or to Iran depending on their allegiances. The splinter groups like Baha'i, Druze, and the Ismaeli followers of the Aga Khan are an entirely different matter and have proven themselves stable members of society if not the very salt of the earth.

If the Western nations do not do something, they will all turn out like Egypt.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

In Denmark we do have some "Issues" too..
Not with jews and/or Israelis. But with some aggressive muslim gangs, who's in never ending fight with the Hells Angels about the drug market.

Besides that. I don't think that muslims shall tell people in their host country, who else are in right to live there, what to think about Jews/Israelis or bash people, for not rising against them. If they care so much for what's going on in ME, they should go there, instead of living out their hatred against jews/Israelis, who are doing no harm at all.

Here they don't get status as a "hero" if they attack Jews...
They can dream about sharia law...behind bars

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by Sean48

Sean48, I gave my honest opinion in reply to yours. My opinion is that it is unacceptable to consider all Jewish people a fair target for hate because of the actions of the government of Israel.
How you have interpreted that to mean you're going to "be banned" is something that is beyond my understanding.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

You said...But in any case. This influx of violent Arabs in Sweden is just at odds with logic. Why are so many people of the Middle East moving to central and northern Europe? There really is nothing similar (customs, laws, weather, land, traditions...nothing) between northern Europeans and Middle Eastern people. There's nothing wrong with that, diversity is good. But it just doesn't make sense."

My reply:
Muslims are now growing in every country including the United States. There were one million Muslims in America in 1996. Today there are ten million. The Muslim goal is to make Islam the one world religion. That's why they are leaving their home countries and joining other countries.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by kennylee]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Your thread title is a tad sensationalist. The article clearly states that the supposed "crimes" are mainly perpetrated by right wing groups, and only a very small number of "crimes" are committed by Muslims. Doesn't mention violence by Muslims anywhere.

The crimes reported by the Jewish citizens, what were they? Robbery, assault, murder? Doesn't really go into detail in the article, but its is insinuated that these are related to anti-semitism. Would be interesting to see the statistics. A ~2.6% chance of being the victim of a "crime" if you're Jewish, as opposed to the ~15% chance of Swedes as a whole is hardly a evidence of a crime wave.

The whole article seems like a bit of a beat up. The only example of any Jew "fleeing" provided is an anecdote about a 32 year old who emigrated to Israel as he was too scared to live in Sweden, and a vague story about declining membership numbers at a community group. Is it compulsory for Jews to be members of the community group? Doesn't support the headline.

Sweden is finding out about the problems that the wonders of multiculturalism bring. Thrusting people from totally different backgrounds together is going to cause issues in any country, and the problems in Sweden are not unique. Its unfortunate that anybody be victimised because of their beliefs, but this is the result of chardonnay sipping policy makers deciding how wonderful it would be for us all to live under a multi-cultural rainbow. Reality is very different.

top topics

join