It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish Firemen Fight Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Spanish Firemen Fight Police

news.sky.com

Fire-fighters and emergency service workers are left injured in clashes with police in Northern Spain during a protest against privatisation of the emergency services.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
video.aol.co.uk
www.iamcolourful.com

[edit on 30/1/2010 by skibtz]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I can't find too much on this story yet but it certainly took me by surprise: I thought that the emergency services were united, there to protect and serve the people.

Shooting at, and smashing with batons, fellow colleagues paints a very sad picture of the world we are living in right now.

Let's hope that the cops and their loved ones don't need any fires putting out and loved ones saving anytime soon as half of the firefighters will end up in hospital judging by these images!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, I must say, being from a family of Firefighters - Go Team!

It looks like they held their own, even against a bunch of Riot Cops in full gear.

Only thing better is if they had the trucks there. Then they could have used the hoses!

On a serious note, this is terrible and politics are getting crazy all over the world...

ETA: Ha, I just emailed this vid. to my dad (retired Firefighter) and his response was:

"They shoulda hosed the bastards"

I guess we think alike, at times...

[edit on 30-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Star for the video amazing,

Now you have to be one dumb assed cop to go thumping a firefighter about the place, it's a bit like kicking your dentist in the balls.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz

I can't find too much on this story yet but it certainly took me by surprise: I thought that the emergency services were united, there to protect and serve the people.

To protect the people? Fireworkers yes, the Police, no. Especially not in Spain, where they have Civil Guard, that was set up by past fascist dictatorships.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

When these jobs go private or for profit, meaning charging a fee for services: the quality of care usually goes down. For profit agencys provide as little as possible to make a profit. That is why fire based EMS is superior to private companies who have dollar signs in their sights.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 6-ENGINE

I don't know anything about the details that gave rise to this in Spain, but thought I'd chime in with a nugget of info.

The very first Fire Brigades in the world were private corporations, set up by locals and businesses to provide fire cover, especially after 1666 and the Fire of London. Just becuase it is Privately run, doesn't mean service sucks.

It all depends on the contract you have signed with them and what SLA you have aggreed to. If you're dumb enough to sell out to the lowest bidder and have a crappy SLA, then you get what you pay for. You should always look at what service they offer as well as cost.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Who are these riot cops that have no souls? They are not human beings, they don't give a sh*t about anyone. They just do as they're told and never question a thing.

Shoot!!!!... YESSIR!

I am sure if their commanders were at odds they would all fight each other to the death. How brainwashed can you be?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just wait till one of those cop's house catchs fire.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm a peaceful guy.
In any confrontation between firefighters and cops i'd rather lose alongside the firemen than win with the cops.

I understand people are people and society needs cops,but politicians have destroyed any faith in them by using them as muscle to enforce their personal whims and not to protect the people.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
Now you have to be one dumb assed cop to go thumping a firefighter about the place, it's a bit like kicking your dentist in the balls.

That made me laugh so hard.

I'm still laughing....

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
the spannish fire fighters are rioting - because thier cosy little gravy train is being derailed by a whole series of reforms that includes some privatisation

the system now is hideously beurocratic , inneffivient - but the firefighters love it because they are getting the best deal

still rooting for those " poor oppressed fire fighters " ?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
the spannish fire fighters are rioting - because thier cosy little gravy train is being derailed by a whole series of reforms that includes some privatisation

the system now is hideously beurocratic , inneffivient - but the firefighters love it because they are getting the best deal

Alright Ayn Rand, I'd like a link...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Im with the firefighters as well.
They are the Heros. They save more than lives, they save peoples historys.
Go HOSERS!

Pigs are the same no matter what country you are in.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The very first Fire Brigades in the world were private corporations, set up by locals and businesses to provide fire cover, especially after 1666 and the Fire of London. Just becuase it is Privately run, doesn't mean service sucks.

It all depends on the contract you have signed with them and what SLA you have aggreed to. If you're dumb enough to sell out to the lowest bidder and have a crappy SLA, then you get what you pay for. You should always look at what service they offer as well as cost.

Ah yes, the first fire brigades... Such a brilliant idea really, like legalizing the mafia. Didnt pay them? Watch your house burn. Is it an uninsured house? Lets fight with the other fire brigades about who get the honor (and cash) for putting it out!

It would have been fun to see the spanish use the hoses.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Remind me of a case of a firefighter chief against a state tropper in NJ couple years ago.
A person related to the firefighter chief got involved in a accident on RT 80 and the chief come to help her out, but when there is no fire in the accident the fire department has no jurisdiction at the scene and the Police has the final word.
The State Trooper give a order to the chief to move to the shouder couse the Trooper want to open the lanes but the chief said no then the Trooper place the chief under arrest with no mercy. Lol thumbs up to the Trooper.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Swapping an inefficient institution that is there for the public good with one that is there to make it's execs and board members rich is not progress in the right direction. How can any right minded person think that privatisation of the Fire Service is a good thing? Would you trust a for profit business to rescue you from a fire or a car pile up.

S&F OP thanks for bringing this to my attention. It gives me hope.

These sorts of things never seem to happen in the anglosised world because we are further along in the NWO agenda than many other western but more socially conscious nations. I salute these people for standing up for what's right regardless of the personal consequences. I will do my best to spread this story around, I hope others here will do the same.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
whilst i also disagree with the idea of police forces being used simply as bludgeon boys against the populace, they also have to be prepared.
I am certain that had non-riot police turned up, they would have been 'torn' a new one by the firefighters.

I live in madrid and found out that militant practices are still very normal.

The taxi companies held a demonstration and stopped working for a few days at the end of 2009 because the president had de-regulated the taxi industry.
this industry currently means that there are only 2 taxi companies that operate the whole of madrid - it is not possible (or wasn't) to start up as a taxista without first joining one of these two companies.

realistically, demonstrating against deregulation simply serves to show that the taxistas (and in this case, the firefighters) have had it too easy for too long.
I don't disagree that the firefighters do a massively important job, but most services here are streamlining - money still has to be saved and spain has been hit badly in the recession.
Using the excuse of being 'indispensable' is NOT an excuse to disadvantage others.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Very sad to see firefighters being attacked by the police.

OUTRAGEOUS.

It's right next door(I'm in Portugal).

If it happens here local firefighters can count on me… they've helped me several times.
The police has never helped me. In fact if your in trouble (e.g. being robbed or so) you will have to deal with it yourself. The police will only do the paperwork.

No I don't hate police officers, I'm just stating the facts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join