It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious jellyfish in sky over Andenesm, Norway,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I searched but I dont think this has been posted before. If the photos are genuine then I am not able to understand what this object is. It looks like a Jelly fish but then what is it doing in the sky?

What has been happening in Norway? We have already had 2 such objects in Norway and now the third one.

Can someone explain what this is?

And now according to Mr Mikalsen "'I have never seen an object like this before, and I am eager to find an explanation to the phenomenon."

Lead scientist Truls Lynn Hansen from Tromsø Geophysical Observatory said he doubted the picture, taken on January 20, was due to a simple camera fault

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df42f6ba8612.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90ec7ffb75ae.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79c2a8738292.png[/atsimg]

Source: www.ufo-blogger.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Looks neat!!

Well, it reminds me of when light passes through some sort of glass, like a magnifying glass and criss crosses.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wormhole perhaps?

Maybe it's the beginning of a tear in the Ozone layer?

Those are my guesses.
It is beautiful whatever it is, so is the aurora.

or maybe it's a giant flying jellyfish monster........... we may need... bigger guns...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks for posting but this has been posted earlier, twice I believe. And I think it was found to be a lens flare or rare artifact on the image.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The cannabinoid has it right! this is the article if you want to read about it, I do agree with the "jellyfish" like formation it also reminds me of a mushroom, Light reflecting of a spinning prop, and the flare you can create by taking a magnifying glass and focusing the sun through it at an oblique angle.

and now the link.....

news.discovery.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
several threads allready on this

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
OH MY!!!!!!!!

This is almost IDENTICAL to something caught on STEREO in the suns corona yesterday. I am not Kidding.

Here is the picture:
Edit to Add: Here is a link, since this one is too big: (sorry about that)

STERO LINK
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f16bfbe5f463.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a close-up:

What is going on?

Edited pic - stretching page

[edit on 30/1/10 by masqua]

Oh...and S&F to OP

[edit on 30-1-2010 by westcoast]

[edit on 30-1-2010 by westcoast]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
the original picture looks like a landscape shot of the northern lights. And arnt the northern lights the earths magnetic field deflecting charged particles from the sun? so then could not this object if it indeed an object be creating its own magnetic field and thus creating its own aurora withing the aurora. just a thought.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It's quite possibly an Iridium satellite reflecting the aurora's light. Those particular satellites are cool, as their mirrors are angled in such a way that they cause some strange visual effects at certain times.

Here's a link to (ugh) the Daily Mail's take on it, and here's an explanation of the "Iridium flares", another phenomenon they most definitely do cause.

reply to post by westcoast

You'd have to be pretty generous to say they are even similar, let alone almost the same
Most of the detail in that block appears to be compression artefacts, not actual image data.

reply to post by TiM3LoRd

The colours being identical between the aurora and this anomaly would make that very unlikely. It's far more likely to be a reflection, and subsequent lens flare, of the aurora itself.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

I agree that the darkened blocks could be compression. What I don't get is the zig-zag light that appears to go around something round in shape. I just don't understand how that could be artifact.

I am in no way saying I believe it to be a gigantic UFO...just that is very odd and I think, similar to the other image. IMO anyways!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

G'day sunny 2008ny

An established thread is already running about this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hurray I was correct!

This is not a one liner! :p