It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lingerie Football: Teams of scantily clad ladies take to the field for a chance to play at the Super

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Or Rugby...

And in neither sport does a game last for hours on end due to swapping over between an "offensive" and "defensive" team (are the players too stupid to comprehend defneding and attacking?), endless timeouts to compare manicures or reams of pointless advertising that last longer then the game itself.

[edit on 30/1/10 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

....This "sport" seems to want to basically have naked ladies groping each other at half time of a "real" game just to entertain the plebs .....

Well yes.....exactly.

That's why it's so good

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Or Rugby...

And in neither sport does a game last for hours on end due to swapping over between an "offensive" and "defensive" team (are the players too stupid to comprehend defneding and attacking?), endless timeouts to compare manicures or reams of pointless advertising that last longer then the game itself.

Yep, exactly

Our guys are athletes....there's not many sports where players can run in excess of 40kms per game

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Don't get me wrong, I certainly see the appeal!

But is exploitive, don't you think? That the only time anyone takes an interest in women playing hand-egg is when they get half-naked and play during the half-time of a mans hand-egg game....

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Indeed... Men who weigh in at 18 stone doing those speeds too, clashing together without padding! Real mans game!

I was once knocked out flat by bodychecking a 16 stone behemoth in my younger days..

When I came too about 10 seconds later, the game had simply moved 15 meters further on and they had left me to recover near the centre line...

The monster who clashed with me was also peeling himself off the floor, so took some pride in that and carried on! No pauses between "offence" and "defence", just get on with it!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Is it really any different then womens wrestling?

- No, not mud-wrestling ... WWF wrestling -

It's just as exploitive, brings in a lot of money for the enterprise.

Entertainment for the boys. Man, you guys are so easily amused.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

WWF? All of that is a bunch of fake crap. It's basically a soap opera with oily, muscly men and the occasional oily, muscly woman.

WWF or WWE as it is now known isn't a sport. It's theatre.

EDIT: It seems only in the US do you have to have naked women during half time prance about, or that WWE/WWF is popular amongst adults. In the UK, we don't have half-time shows at our Football or Rugby games because the game itself is interesting enough to not need a distraction!

[edit on 30/1/10 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I certainly see the appeal!

But is exploitive, don't you think? That the only time anyone takes an interest in women playing hand-egg is when they get half-naked and play during the half-time of a mans hand-egg game....

G'day stumason

Well, that could be true an' all.....I guess it could be exploiting those girls.

But you know.....as i think about it a little more, I suspect the girls are having the time of their life playing that.

.....& the whole thing's so crazy, it cracks me up.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Lol

Yeah, the first game my fiance saw me play...of Aussie rules...I hit a guy full speed while we up in the air, I broke three of his ribs....i was lucky enough to land on my feet.

I love the hits though. There's just soemthing about taking a massive hit (or dishing a nice solid shirt front out), and then getting up and hitting the action almost immediately that appeals to me. You do suffer from pain for a few days after but it is soooo worth it

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c7fd2d2c7d9.jpg[/atsimg]

These girls look like they have come to kick some ass.

-----

I'm with Sandy the Squirrel.

Ref: Patrick Star Paradox
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

G'day LadySkadi

If you want to see something really scary.....

Have a look at the women that go to watch the wrestling!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Well, yeah, if the girls enjoy it then fair enough, but I have a sneaky suspicion looking at some of them that they would have trouble spelling exploitation.....

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Hey you cant complain about that can you?

Just throw a beer, sport, xbox or half naked woman in front of us and you got us wrapped around your little finger....you women are so devious with youer sexual gestures and promises of a night out of drinking for doing chores...grrrrr

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Well, yeah, if the girls enjoy it then fair enough, but I have a sneaky suspicion looking at some of them that they would have trouble spelling exploitation.....

Now I can help there, seeing that my wife & my teenage daughters have locked the TV on the "Search For A Supermodel"station.....

It's spelt:

hecthploytashun

Let me know if you would like any further assistance

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I completely get that! I used to go for the tackle regardless because I loved the impact. Getting stuck into a good ruck or maul, or hitting that sneaky winger flying down the touch line enough so his feet don't touch the ground...

Good stuff...

Too old and creaky for it now though

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I completely get that! I used to go for the tackle regardless because I loved the impact. Getting stuck into a good ruck or maul, or hitting that sneaky winger flying down the touch line enough so his feet don't touch the ground...

Lol, Im one of the smaller guys on the field....in terms of height, I still weigh a good 85 kg's (a tad over weight though). Nothing like hammering a guy thats twice your size, lol

Too old and creaky for it now though

Yes, the inevitable looms for me in the near future too. The last season saw me chip my shoulder bone causing my shoulder to repeatedly dislocate (often in awkward times, eg bedroom
, lol). Now I need surgery to have the tendons tightened to prevent this from spontaneously occuring, which means I will probably miss all of next seasons....im so unhappy bout that

But I cant wait to get back to it when Im back at full strength

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
After watching the video on page one we can say that these are tough girls and they are
athletes .

Also as pointed out earlier in this thread , they play there hearts out .

Are they being exploited ? I don't think so , nor do I think that these girls feel exploited either .

If they can make a living by doing this who are we to object ?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hmmm lingerie football: Putting "FUN" in wardrobe malFUNction!

Oh, and did I mention they don't take away time out's for coach challenge. They reward points. heh

In my opinion, this is very interesting. I bet feminists hate this. Not so much that the girls are playing the sport, but more for what the girls are having to wear while playing the sport. Guys get pads, girls wear boy shorts.

K. Time for a cold shower.

Ha Ha!
Look at the crowd. The only women you see here are the players.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by croaker013

Hey, shoulder pads arent the only protection they got....they also have mouthguards

By the way, why dont you try playing a REAL football code like Australian Rules football....we hit just as hard and dont wear any protetcion at all. No wonder the Dallas Cowboys players that came and watched a game (of Australian Rules) last year thought we were insane

hahaha, guess what I did play rugby while at montana also. Only for about year. But personally I didnt like it as much as american football. And no montana dosent have a rugby team, im talking about a amature rugby league that was ran out of seattle by a bunch of australian guys who thought their s**t didnt stink. Must be the water down their. As far as it being a "real mans game" that is debateable.

Im not saying american football is, but I myself wouldnt be promoting rugby as the orginal "real man's game" because I like to think real men are a little smarter than just playing a exagerrated game of kill the guy with the ball. or "smear the queer" (if you like, what ever the name of the game depending on were you grew up.) like rugby is.

I found rugby boring and moronic, no official offense or defense like another poster posted. Also, their was almost no strategy involved. (It was almost missing all things I love about american football) And plus I didnt grow up on it like i did with american football. like a lot of my austrailian and new zealand team mates did. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy some of it. I liked the comrodery and it was good old fashioned fun to bulldose a guy and not worry about a penality.

Man, most of those austrailan guys were tough as shoe leather. And, Some of those guys were down right nice guys, but most were dirty buttholes in their attitude. I guess I'd act like my crap didnt stink if I were as good at rugby as those clowns were. They were good, tough but not really athletic. Athletic enough, and the rest was pure balls and heart. I respect that.

Now, im not saying all rugby players and austrailians are dirty buttholes and unathletic. I've been to austrailia and loved it. The people were great and I had a great time. Im Just talking about my personal experience with rugby and the players I played with. So please to any aussies, dont be offended, and if you are go have a fosters with crocadile dundee and chill out. * just joking friends
* Im a fat, greasy no it all american myself. And I say if you cant laugh at yourself, dont laught at all.

Sorry about the spelling everyone, im pressed for time and I rushed through this. And plus even when im taking my time im a horrible speller and typer anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by croaker013

Hey Im not offended in the slightest

I was talking about Australian Rules Football, not rugby....stumason was refering to rugby.

Oh and we dont drink Fosters....we export it to gullible American bars

No offence

Here's a link to Australian Rules Footy:

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join