It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates donates $10 billion for Vaccines: Something is not right

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Now we know that vaccines are big business. Are they investing for the good of mankind or they are investing for being more richer?

Maybe Bill Gates now that he is not running Microsoft (he has retired from management), maybe he thinks that this is good business and he wants now to make money from vaccines.

I would not mind a vaccine against AIDS, but then that seems impossible after all these years.

Bill and Melinda Gates announced plans Friday to invest $10 billion in the fight against a number of illnesses including AIDS and said the record donation could save nearly nine million lives.

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, they said the 10-year program will focus on vaccines for AIDS, tuberculosis, rota virus and pneumonia. "We must make this the decade of vaccines," said Bill Gates.

Vaccines are a miracle," added Melinda Gates. "With just a few doses, they can prevent deadly diseases for a lifetime. We've made vaccines our priority at the Gates Foundation because we've seen firsthand their incredible impact on children's lives."

Source: edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 30-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
One must question on "why" someone would want to invest 10 Billion in vaccines.

The best logical answer I have got is that people who are vaccinated, are far more likely to live after the immune system has fought the virus.

And living people buy more Microsoft products then dead people.
They also pay a lot more taxes and contribute to the money machine.

So A 10 Billion investment is just that. An investment.

An investment to keep millions upon millions of more people "alive" in order to keep them contributing to the big money game of monopoly that we call,,,, "The Economy"

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Gates has throughout the years given vast amounts of money to charitys and such...incredible uncountable amounts of money. My take on it is simple

Bill Gates has and will continue to make more money than emperors...

He is a ruthless power businessman when working for a corporation, but as a individual, he is actually a nice guy whom wants to be remembered as a giving and great man of science and humanitarianism.

He has unlimited amounts of money...he has as much power as any one person has (without being a offical leader...arguably he has more power)...whats left except to make your family name golden for ages to come.

-edited for being tarded and typoing-

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good point Saturn, I could agree with that.

One thing that I thought of when you said that, was perhaps he could also be investing that amount of money into vaccines he could himself also benefit from? He, too would be able to enjoy money more if he were alive, rather than dead.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I saw this story too and was going to post it. I couldn't however decide on an angle, or a clear motive.

Other than he just has more money than he knows how to spend and he wants to do some good.

Conspiracy theorists have a well documented and (in some cases) justified innate loathing of vaccines, although you and I and billions of others have been vaccinated all our lives. Maybe he just wants to give those in the third world a chance to make it out of their teenage years without catching common diseases that are generally a thing of the past in the West.

Or maybe he truly is the anti-Christ and is running a eugenics programme. For years it has been suggested that AIDS originated from smallpox vaccines administered to the native population of West Africa. Could 'they' be planning this on a larger scale, Perhaps HIV just isn't quick enough?

Either way, the true results of Gates' Vaccine programme will only become apparent decades down the line, but this is still an important story, S+F.

All the best, Kiwifoot.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Foundation has a history of focusing on global health and development as well as the Gates' personal donations. This doesn't surprise me at all. I see Altruistic motives and nothing sinister. Good for them.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

HOW DARE THAT WORTHLESS SCUM DO SOMETHING RESPECTABLE?!?! This makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
Now we know that vaccines are big business. Are they investing for the good of mankind or they are investing for being more richer?

Maybe Bill Gates now that he is not running Microsoft (he has retired from management), maybe he thinks that this is good business and he wants now to make money from vaccines.

Actually, if you did any due diligence on this, you'd know that Gates' ultimate plan is to donate 100% of his fortune to charity before he dies, even leaving essentially nothing to his children. He's even been petitioning the other ranking most wealthy people on the planet to do the same.

Only in America are people encouraged to succeed, only to a point, then they become scum and must be up to something evil.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
My family knows Bill Gates personally and he is definitley not the anti-christ....He truly is a nice guy and has given countless amount of money for all kinds of causes...he really is one of the guys that does genuinely care....too bad there isnt more people like him.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
One must question on "why" someone would want to invest 10 Billion in vaccines.

The best logical answer I have got is that people who are vaccinated, are far more likely to live after the immune system has fought the virus.

And living people buy more Microsoft products then dead people.
They also pay a lot more taxes and contribute to the money machine.

The first time Bill did this in a public manner it was with AIDS medication. He spent millions and millions on AIDS medicines for Africa. The reason was because several countries had declared openly that they would start making generic AIDS medications in direct disobediance of the WTO.

Bill and other investors realised that if the countries started producing the medicine that the WTO could not stop them. If the WTO didn't or couldn't stop them it would be a blow to intellectual property rights world wide. So Bill and a few buddies in the pharmaceutical game got together and worked out a solution. Merc sold Bill the pills at wholesale and Bill donated them to needy countries.

The result was that the countries didn't manufacture the pills. That meant that intellectual property rights remained unchallenged. Bill could now rest knowing that a precedent for breaking patents and copy writes wasn't set.

Read the link below for a better explanation.
Greg Palast on Gates' Charity

In other words Gates doesn't care about keeping people alive. He is working with other billionares to protect WTO treaties that ensure his empire.

edit to fix my first line and spelling

[edit on 30-1-2010 by MikeNice81]

[edit on 31-1-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Gates has throughout the years given vast amounts of money to charitys and such...incredible uncountable amounts of money. My take on it is simple

Bill Gates has and will continue to make more money than emperors...

He is a ruthless power businessman when working for a corporation, but as a individual, he is actually a nice guy whom wants to be remembered as a giving and great man of science and humanitarianism.

He has unlimited amounts of money...he has as much power as any one person has (without being a offical leader...arguably he has more power)...whats left except to make your family name golden for ages to come.

-edited for being tarded and typoing-

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SaturnFX]
+1 totally agree with you on this one.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I'm like you, and saw it a couple of days ago, and didn't know what to think of it.

There are a couple of vaccinations I am thankful for, because I have seen first hand what happens.(I had Pneumoccal Meningitis when I was 16, and am lucky to be here and normal.)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
i have a simple theory which is entirely unscientific and completely unsupported by facts: anyone who is a billionaire or high up in politics or business knows what the deal is..... and the deal is: me and my kind first....everyone else later or not at all.

the nice thing about this theory if its true is, not that its the first time its existed, but that with technology and vast resources backing them, this time in history might be the first time they can really pull it off!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lophe
HOW DARE THAT WORTHLESS SCUM DO SOMETHING RESPECTABLE?!?! This makes me sick.

Yhea on the face of it he is doing a great thing, I can't see any reason to be suspicious of this action. From what I've seen his foundation centres on health and education, he's not all bad! And it's his money.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hmm, what are you natsayers after, exactly? In one breath it's "the evil elite milk us for all our money and don't care!", but then when some of them do good and donate HUGE sums (Bill Gates isn't the only one..) they must be "up to something evil"...

Can't have it both ways people....

Personally, judging from his long track record of deeds and what he has said, I do not believe he is up to anything nefarious, but rather being a good Human being. Can't we just take it at that?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
i posted this in the other thread too
well in this press conference Bill And Melinda both let "cat out of the Bag" billy refers to a low fertility rate as "great" and melinda calls for a "green revolution in africa just like the one in India you know the one with the BT cotton and the GMO's also speaks about "banking the third world" and "Smart Cards"

Press Conference

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
LOL

I know many people don't like Bill Gates...but how can you demonize someone giving 10 billion to help people?

The only thing you could criticize on this is that he could easily give FAR MORE if he wanted.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
For those who would really like to know what this is about, here are some nice keywords to do some research on:

population control - NSSM200 ***this is what started it all
Hcg Anti-fertility injections phillipines, mexico
hcg in tetanus shots

Saw a great Doco on it but can't find it at the moment, relating how the groups mentioned in nssm200 as funding/organising the population control methods 'required' match up EXACTLY with those involved in the WHO's vaccination programs, and talking about the massive rise in auto immuninty caused fertility programs in the first world, and how they were almost unheard of until a bit after this report came out....

Bottom line: I doubt bill gates is as interested in vaccinating the third world as he is in making the third world infertile...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
That is a good bit of money but I am afraid that the truth probably isn't so complex. Bill Gates seems to be a good guy. On top of that he is a nerd. Now this is more in line with Melinda's line of thinking. She probably pushed the issue and he agreed because he is a nerd with a good heart and a good bit of money. Not to sound to mean or nothing but I sure wouldn't mind him taking that money and putting it into the U.S. economy for new jobs. Jobs that could be as simple as going over there and setting up good infrastructure. Vaccines aren't the answer here, education is. Or he could get a call line outside of India, Britain, Australia, Canada, U.S., where Xbox live subscribers could cancel their subscriptions to someone who speaks english.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Strange how everyone thinks Bill Gates is such a good guy given that he had incredibly dirty tactics in business. That's why most of you are sitting their using Windows now rather than something far better.

It's clear that the majority of vaccines that are now appearing e.g. Swine, HPV and Shingles are for 'Population Control' purposes i.e. sterilization, creating disease etc.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join