It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what are all the "Peaceful Change" advocates going to do...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What are all of the "Peaceful Change" advocates going to do when come this November, not only do the American people vote in the same garbage that has been in Congress for the last hundred years, but they also vote out the only good guys we have such as Ron Paul, thanks to the Supreme Court ruling?

Or what are those same advocates going to say when the American populace voices their stupidity once again and votes in a Corporation to a seat in Congress?

Are you all going to continue to go on about "all we need to do is vote, that is where the real change is" all the while Congress and the American people are BOUGHT OUT.

How exactly is this "Peaceful Change" supposed to work if the American people continue to be brainwashed and/or snubbed out in every single way possible?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The reason we are peaceful advocates of change is because we know the guns are ready and waiting to be turned on us if we give them an excuse. We have given them really lethal toys to play with, it is inevitable that those toys would be turned against us.How we will ever get our country back is anybody's guess.If we stand up against our government we will all be dead.
They have passed legislation to legalize procedures to pull us out of our communities and are passing legislation to fortifying the railroads to dispose of massive numbers of our bodies.

But the ballot box is not going to get America back. Microsoft software has too many back doors for us ever to get a fair election again. Ballot stuffing was popular before the computer age but now it is inevitable. There are computer systems that could avoid back doors. Linux is transparent to hacking, Voting machines could be built by the company that makes those little green computers that go to third world countries, OLPC? One Laptop Per Child.

You can get a copy of the video Hacking Democracy by Bev Harris at blackboxvoting.org. I gave my copy to the local library and they threw it out. I have a copy of the book The
Creature From Jekyll Island (by G. Edward Griffin) from realityzone.com to give them. They better not throw that one away because they have it on a waiting list.

Half the problem is the resistance of people who don't really know what is happening but, though they know something is wrong, uphold the status quo as a kind of duty. It is not polite to suspect the government of being a monster

[edit on 30-1-2010 by m khan]

[edit on 30-1-2010 by m khan]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

And thus the people continue to wait. Instead of trouncing upon the opportunity that is given to us to enact a revolution with minimal bloodshed, we instead opt to wait until there are more laws and creeds passed so that the numbers of those that protest can be eliminated even before progress begins to be made.

The people wait, hope, and pray that the decline of our country will not lead to the proverbial cage of society, the place where rights are no longer guaranteed but they are privileges, bought and paid for by your faith and love to the corporation or the Big Brother that is our government. However, the people know the truth, for history does not lie. We may have been lied about history and the repercussions, but history itself repeats and we are destined to become another trodden experiment of human nature.

So as we fall deeper into darkness, deeper into the point of no return where we are no longer capable of fighting - or the fight is stopped before it leaves our front doors - ask yourself "what am I waiting for?"

Is it going to take the government proclaiming that 2+2=5 before anyone decides that now is the time to fight, or even then will people hold faithful and true to their "peaceful" revolution?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Gwydion in the past I believe we have agreed upon things but here I believe to be the wrong path. I respect your conviction and was at one point near that very same conviction.

Maybe the real question is: When do We, the People make the transition from peaceful protests and peaceful change? It is a question that not one person can answer.

You believe it is now. It is ripe. Tactically you may be correct. The element of a left field broadside that takes advantage of the Government wholly believing they have the People in their pocket is the advantage.

Strategically it is disastrous! Looking back to history and to how this country started, it was not those that sought freedom that were on the offensive. We fought a defensive war. The very ideas that are being used by those we fight in Iraq and Afghanistan. The overall strategy is to break down the public support and public stomach to continue operations.

Albeit that tensions are on the rise, there is never a solid line that will be crossed that will trigger such an event. The men that sat in the dank taverns of New England and Philadelphia were already in conference of how to break from the Crown. Today we have people on websites thinking they will have the support and hearts of many to follow their battle cry. Until reality sets in and they retreat back to their basements or to their loved ones in attempts to self-preserve their only way of life.

Again, I understand the conviction, the passion and why you hold it.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

What would you have the people do gwydionblack? Seriously, how would you take your violent and blood-soaked revolution? I've read releases from the United States Department Of Homeland Security. I've talked to FBI and ATF&E agents, they are ready for you. With the small percentage of the population that agrees with your radical ideology, it's going to be your funeral.

If you want change it will have to at least start peacefully. You need hearts and minds on your side. Starting out with violence, before it is used against you puts you in a morally untenable position. By resorting to violence, you also make your detractors right about you being idiotic hotheads with no connection to reality.

By resorting to violence you will also alienate many whom are on the fence. You stand to loose the very people who would vote your side into office, or help you enact change. Also you will create a groundswell of new enemies, people will rally to the side of the government, and you will be wiped out.

I honestly believe a your violent revolution will only end one of two places, jail or the grave.

top topics

join