It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Earth appears to be solving global warming on her own!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared
^^^ and there's my example of the conspiracy theory sheeple that parrot all the rhetoric instead of thinking critically right on cue!

Hey carseller - 76% of all statistics are completely made up - I read that on the internet so it must be true!

...Now cue the automaton response about how I'm the brainwashed one because Al Gore and taxes blah blah blah

And theres your canned response youve repeated 1000 times to so called "deniers."

Got an answer to my questions yet? Doubtful.

As evidence of your distorted thinking I give you this...

Originally posted by mc_squared

And I don't need some speech here about how you are all against pollution - you just don't believe AGW is a part of that. Because the fact is if you look at the bigger picture it shouldn't even matter whether it's real or not. If you look at the bigger picture you should see how AGW represents our best chance to dismantle the corrupt system we are all enslaved in - not submit further to it.

Those of us who want to fight MMGW and those of us who want to fight the NWO actually have the exact same goals - but everyone needs to stop focusing on nothing but carbon taxes and realize this already.

Thats right, according to mc_squared by submitting to the system we are not submitting to the system. Be building a new system of enslavement we can dismantle the old one! (according to him) And of course theres the lie that the MMGW group wants to fight the NWO by joining the NWO and its climate agenda!

Whine all you want about how nobody can see the bigger conspiracy when youre the one myopic to it.

And quit using the word myopic in every thread you post to. I'm beginning to think you have a tiny vocabulary.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

loam - I wonder why you didn't flag this paragraph from the article you source:

Despite claims in some circles that global warming is over, the past decade was the warmest on record globally, according to records compiled by the GISS. Four of the 10 years were in a statistical tie for second place for the distinction of warmest year on record.

Also - the 'warming plateau' hasn't affected the Arctic, Antarctic or Greenland. Saw a very cool doc on Nova last night with extreme ice photographer Balog. Clips etc can be found here:

Extreme Ice

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Originally posted by soficrow
loam - I wonder why you didn't flag this paragraph from the article you source:

Despite claims in some circles that global warming is over, the past decade was the warmest on record globally, according to records compiled by the GISS. Four of the 10 years were in a statistical tie for second place for the distinction of warmest year on record.

Because that claim is not made by the same science team and was borrowed from a previous Christian Science Monitor blog that also goes on to say:

The first decade of the 21st century is shaping up to be the warmest decade on record globally, while 2009 is likely to crack the Top 10 list of warmest years, perhaps rising as high as No. 5.

That's based on a preliminary look at global climate trends released today by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) at global climate change talks here in the Danish capital. The WMO's data stretches back to 1850.

The numbers are subject to revision, cautions Michel Jarraud, the WMO's secretary-general. A final analysis of the year and decade is due out next March. Still, he says, the figures released today "are pretty solid."

The preliminary report comes as delegates from more than 190 countries are here negotiating their way toward a global climate change agreement -- an effort that would include developed and developing countries.

Link.

Given the recent data integrity scandals of the last several months, I no longer automatically trust such claims. (I have yet to fully research this claim by the World Meteorological Organization.)

[World Meteorological Organization] has only 10 full-time staff in its secretariat at the World Meteorological Organization in Geneva, plus a few staff in four technical support units that help the chairs of the three IPCC working groups and the national greenhouse gas inventories group. The actual work of the IPCC is done by unpaid volunteers – thousands of scientists at universities and research institutes around the world who contribute as authors or reviewers to the completion of the IPCC reports.

Link.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks loam.

I so like when you do my research for me.

Seriously though - is everything becoming more and more confusing to sort through? Media campaigns overlapping campaigns ad nauseum? Or is it just me?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Seriously though - is everything becoming more and more confusing to sort through? Media campaigns overlapping campaigns ad nauseum? Or is it just me?

No, it's not just you.

Frankly, I have struggled a great deal as of late about how useful it is to read and comment about anything found on the net.

So much of it is rife with distortion, and it's nearly impossible to truly know what to believe anymore.

Maybe I'm just in a funk.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

No, it's not just you.

Frankly, I have struggled a great deal as of late about how useful it is to read and comment about anything found on the net.

Me too.

So much of it is rife with distortion, and it's nearly impossible to truly know what to believe anymore.

Old wisdom: Don't believe anything wholesale. Just mine it for hard information. Develop a personal framework to see where/how new info fits. Review personal framework regularly; revise as needed.

Maybe I'm just in a funk.

Of course you are. You just need a break, a bit of R&R and some good old-fashioned soul-elevating flattery.

LOAM - You ARE da' MAN!!!

Sucking up with the utmost respect,
sofi

PS. Please, please don't blame the Internet, True, most of what's on the Net is "rife with distortion." And yes, "it's nearly impossible to truly know what to believe." ...But life always has been like this. People have always been like this - insular, misinformed, ingenuous, provincial. Only difference now is that the contradictions, distortions and bs cannot be denied - and most importantly, are now MUCH easier to see, ID, track, categorize and file. It used to take a lifetime to develop this kind of awareness - and then another one to move through it. (Except for the rich and powerful - they always had the inside edge on insider info. Plus the agenda and training to use it.) ...So don't despair. It's all part of the learning curve. ...You know how it works: peak, plateau, peak, plateau.

tweak

[edit on 18-2-2010 by soficrow]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join