It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Deniers of Global Warming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by cushycrux

Deny Ignorance, please.

oOu are just spouting propaganda that has been proven false many times over.

Deny Ignorance, please.

oOu are just spouting propaganda that has been proven false many times over.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by cushycrux]

Care to dispute what I posted?

Or you are just going to make faces at me?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

Originally posted by YourPopRock
And we know that this isn't a natural cycle how?

Yeah, you're right - that's a perfectly sane reason to just ignore the issue altogether.

"Hey this tumor-shaped thing on my chest could just as easily be some harmless cyst I can't explain. Case closed. phew."

Does your family have a history of cancer or tumors?

Does the earth have a history of a cooling/warming cycle?

It is not ignoring the issue altogether. It is sound research.

[edit on 1/30/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder45
This is a insane argument because the climate has been changing since the begining of time and more recently has been warming since the end of the last ice age. What happens to your drink when the ice melts? It warms and as for the current cooling trend I am sure the lack of sun activity could be a factor.
Now if you want me to think that man is the cause of any of this you would have to point out where the data is for all of the natural sources of greenhouse gas and do you even know what they are?

All this stuff about the Sun being responsible or it doesn't matter because the climate is always changing are internet propagated myths based on sensationalist propaganda pieces like the film discussed in this thread.

There is so much deliberate misinformation on this topic which has all been debunked on this board if you would just take a deeper look.

By the way - your drink gets cooler when your ice melts because the ice is absorbing that surrounding heat so it can melt.

Just sayin.

Things are not always as they seem on a superficial level.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

OK Mr. sound research: so what's the precise natural cycle explaining the current warming trend.

Go find me an actual explicit, strictly defined, 100% certain explanation instead of repeating the same old rhetoric about "ice ages" or the "climate's always changing"...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Good find. S&F to bravely put up this topic here

Second line.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Anyone whos even browsed the Climategate documents isnt buying this nonsense anymore. Clearly the small amount of CO2 were releasing isnt causing the current COOLING CYCLE. The AWG camp is festooned in lies and trechery that amounts to the greatest scientific fraud in history, and anyone whos browsed what was proposed at Nopenhagen knows exactly why such lengths were taken to befuddle the public and shut down the careers of disenters - GLOBAL TAXATION and RECOURCE CONTROL.

The game is up, take your faulty charts and your shrill cries that 'the polar bears will drown! drown i say!', get back to the drawing board and come up with a new excuse to terrify us into giving up our sovereignty.

Until then this thread should be labeled (HOAX).

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think this video is appropriate.

The sad fact is the stupid and gullible far out number the smart and just people who deserve a fair chance at a good life.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by ThenThanCorrectionMan]
I need to edit to add that I do not believe in man made global warming.
All it took to convince the world that its a man made problem was to place a bunch of singers on a few stages singing rubish pop songs with the funding of the rothchilds,need I say more.
Hey what do I know if its on telly it must be true.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf
Anyone whos even browsed the Climategate documents isnt buying this nonsense anymore. Clearly the small amount of CO2 were releasing isnt causing the current COOLING CYCLE.

What COOLING CYCLE??

2009: Second Warmest Year on Record; End of Warmest Decade

Oh wait that's right - because it's been colder than normal in some places this winter, right?? You guys say it yourself: "climate is always changing" - meet Arctic Oscillation

Yeah the fact that anyone who's "browsed the Climategate documents isn't buying this nonsense anymore" is a testament to how myopic people are and how much they completely react to any sensationalist bull---- instead of thinking for themselves. That scene from Life of Brian is definitely a great analogy.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

You are an expert on the arctic oscillation, one of the least predictable, and understood, patterns in the atmosphere?

Good, then maybe you could explain it to NOAA.

Michelle L’Heureux, a meteorologist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Prediction Center, told me there’s simply no explanation for what drives such extremes in the Arctic Oscillation, which she described as both a potent driver of northern latitude conditions and one of the least predictable, and understood, patterns in the atmosphere.

dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com...

How did the co2 alarmists factor such a major and unpredictable variable into their unanimous consensus prediction models?

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Time and time again we hear the term skeptic like it is a dirty word or denier like it is abnormal to question.
Do a quick servey to find out how many of us skeptics actually agree the climate is changing, we have no problem with it.
We question the motivation behind the alarmist who preach global warming.
We see that the head of the IPCC standing to make billions, we see Al Gore set to make billions, we see goverments taking more control as well as large corperations set to make mega profits and still all their talk does not change climate change, they will not reduce output, just cap it and swap it.
Making Co2 a commodity is more dangerous to our freedoms than anything else on the planet.
So please when calling anyone a denialist or skeptic, ask what it is we are skeptical of, because it isn't about the weather, it is about the loss of our freedoms to the weather men

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

Ummm where did I claim anyone was "predicting" the Arctic Oscillation??

The fact that it's unpredictable doesn't really discount something that has already happened/is happening, does it? In fact nobody saw it coming and that was my point:

The double standard in climate science amongst deniers - when it's getting warmer - oh it's no big deal, because climate is always changing yaddi yadda. All of a sudden a cold snap hits - or any uncertainty in climate science is exposed - and it's definitive proof that the whole thing was a hoax from the beginning.

You guys are so blood-thirsty to attack rather than question every little hangup in climate change.

^^^ munkey66, THAT'S the difference between a climate "denier" and a "skeptic".

It's absolutely right to question these things - but that includes BOTH sides of the argument - and that doesn't happen around here at all. If it did this thread would have a lot more flags.

I'm so sick of people using this as an excuse.
"Deny Ignorance" my ###.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Deny Arrogance

Ummm where did I claim anyone was "predicting" the Arctic Oscillation??

The fact that it's unpredictable doesn't really discount something that has already happened/is happening, does it? In fact nobody saw it coming and that was my point:

The double standard in climate science amongst deniers - when it's getting warmer - oh it's no big deal, because climate is always changing yaddi yadda. All of a sudden a cold snap hits - or any uncertainty in climate science is exposed - and it's definitive proof that the whole thing was a hoax from the beginning.

You guys are so blood-thirsty to attack rather than question every little hangup in climate change.

The fact that nobody saw it coming was my point.

How could you construe my question as an attack?

I'll ask again.

How did the CO2 alarmists factor such an unknown variable into their climate models?

What other factors have they overlooked because they didn't see it coming?

The question has never been about if it be warm or if it be cold ... the issues are,

1.) Has the climate warmed or cooled beyond normal variables?

2.) Have human activities materially warmed the climate, caused sea-level rise acceleration, etc… in accordance with the Hansen models (or the IPCC models), after accounting for all natural factors, such as solar and oceanic cycles?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

OK Mr. sound research: so what's the precise natural cycle explaining the current warming trend.

Go find me an actual explicit, strictly defined, 100% certain explanation instead of repeating the same old rhetoric about "ice ages" or the "climate's always changing"...

Short, sweet, and to the point

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

. . .

. . .

That is no double standard. It is a reinforcement

The cold snap is proving the point that is it all cyclical.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Global warming is funny because the earth has been cooling since 1998.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

By the way - your drink gets cooler when your ice melts because the ice is absorbing that surrounding heat so it can melt.

Just sayin.

Things are not always as they seem on a superficial level.

Perfect example of illogical thinking!

Implying the ice isnt part of the drink.

The temperature of the drink didnt change. Ice got warmer, drink got cooler, no net change.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I will just leave this here...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Im afraid people wont understand your point, right up to the time when they are charged for every breath they take.

Climate change is real, but that isn't the agenda. If you want to cut emissions, stop buying from china!

Climate change is being brought into line to replace, the war on terror, once the oil is all divided up, as the new reason for control.

In Britain its called an environmental Totalinarianism.
Believe me, America doesn't understand it at all yet - wait until your paying $8.50 for a gallon of that petrol your kids are dying to protect.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by Raud

The earth that needs no healing. They will have you believe that over population is resulting in massive disasters. All fabricated of course. God knows what He is doing. I don't need to worry about over population.

It doesnt matter if you believe in global warming or not to state the earth needs no healing is really kind of insane dont you think?

Every life support system on earth is in decline.

From the rain forests to the oceans to the wetlands and everywhere in between we are killing off nature and the entire system is in decline. Just the pesticides and herbicides from farmers alone is creating havoc, let alone all the huge factories.

A good indicator is frogs. They are like the canary in the mine. Look up the changes in frogs all over the world. Denmark let itself become so polluted that all frogs in Denmark are gone. They are now trying to turn this trend around...they understand the consequences and that the frogs mutating and then dying was a shot across the bow. A warning from mother nature.

We have to change whether global warming is a natural cycle from earth or not we are hurting earth rather severely and when that happens earth will find a way to kill us off eventually. We may just do it ourselves because we are part of her and may do it to ourselves unconscionably in order for earth to heal. I think maybe people that are in full denial that there is a problem are at a low enough vibrational level that they would rather ignore it in order to let us all die off than to be a high enough level to want to fix it.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
it's quite simple:

"Global warming/climate change" at best, needs further research.

The way I see it, neither side has it locked down pact. Plain and simple.

Yes, temperatures have fluctuated since humans have been polluting, but they have before humans too.

I'd say it's rather pompous of us to think that we are more powerful then mother nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join