It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Deniers of Global Warming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Palms, a reliable climate change indicator in Europe:

www.youris.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
We are reading PALMS now to predict global warming?!?!?

(Sorry, lol... it was too easy to go for )

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here you can see the natural influence of big storms:

they cooled the situation a bit down. You cann see this downpeak at the very right side of the graph I posted first.

Here you can see the volcanos heat a bit up:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
reply to post by cushycrux

I see you are trying to make a good attempt here, and I am all for it.

Too bad there is some sort of general attitute here at ATS to bash this kind of information. Hopefully you will be able to take it with ease and counter with some well based facts.

It seems to me that the "pro" facts come from renown sources and the "con" seem to pick their easy points from murky waters.

What this kind of "denial" hails from is pretty much a mystery, at least to me.
Is it fear of change?

Fear of tax increase?
Or is it just plain refusal to take the blame like a man and accept that mankind has severely damaged the planet due to our greed and disrespect for nature?
Maybe all of the above.

Let me just say this; some of the largest companies in the modern world are those who deal with energy and fossile fuel. These companies can't take any blame since they are more than reluctant to change their ways. Stubborn stupidity, with other words.
They use their money to flood the world with their "bought" science.
They don't want you to save up on electricity. They don't want you to limit your driving or general consumption.
They want you to keep doing like we already have done for the past 50 years or so, only more.

Developing countries like China doesn't want this kind of debate either. At least not yet. They want to become just as senseless in their consumption like we idiots in the west first before they do anything to improve the situation (that isn't really a problem in the first place...eh?).

It's kind of upsetting really.
The "Global Warming Scam" idea is pretty demented as it is, and if it is anything; it's a popularity contest. Often presented to the ignorant masses as entertaining and amusing. That's how you capture the crowds; with fun, not facts. School is boring, playtime is fun.

Well, I won't jump into this any further since I had it with the madness that eventually floods every such tread as this one.
But if you are ready to shoulder the burden of this inevitable rant-battle, know that I, and many others, support you fully.

I hope this thread can stay on-topic for at least three pages.

Star and flag. Keep up the spirit.

(Sorry for any typos, it's late and I've been at work all day)
/Raud

Nope its a fear that Anthropogenic Global Warming is a giant fraud, The very epitome of bad science gone mad for nefarious purposes.
Why nefarious?.
Nefarious because the NWO needs something like this to achieve its roll out across the planet.
Using thew framework of the UN to subvert rule of law from individual sovereignties, Creating laws based on something that does not have true scientific basis, something that has been focused at the emotional fear centers of the population to get its validity through.
Good science relies on truthful research, it does not fear the examination of the facts and figures, methodology, and motivations of the researchers and their presented evidence.
Haiti was the first of the countries to walk away from the copenhagen conference after saying they didn't believe that AGW was real.
The medieaval warm period is something that has been left out of the AGW's data, when this is factored in it shows that the planet has undergone cooling and is still cooling down.
So yes there is fear, fear that we are being lied to wholesale and that those lies are going to produce something none of us want to see

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
. . .

"It is getting warmer!!!" - further proof of global warming
"It is getting colder!!!" - further proof of global warming
"There hasn't been a change!!!" - further proof of global warming

I agree with this!

Except they pull the bait and switch, changing "global warming" to "climate change". . . and then argue that it is not the same thing.

The kick is that for there to be climate change like they want (man made), there has to be global warming (man made).

So don't fall for the BS that climate change and global warming are two separate ideas.

The global warming junk was pushed by the IPCC (The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) for crying out loud!

Simple common sense.

[edit on 1/30/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

I definitely see your point. Do you think there is a reason that you were enlightened to the fact that your food is shipped around the world? Do you feel the emotional strings being pulled when you realize the consequences of your every day behavior?

You do realize this has everything to do with the Codex Alimentarius that was implemented at the end of last year? It also has to do with making you feel as though you are responsible for the demise of the earth. We will look for a way to save us from ourselves by uniting mankind and healing the earth.

The earth that needs no healing. They will have you believe that over population is resulting in massive disasters. All fabricated of course. God knows what He is doing. I don't need to worry about over population.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

How about a graph that shows more of a time frame . . . say 1 million years . . . perhaps we can get the bigger picture, instead of what THEY want us to see.

Heck . . . here is one of the last 4,500 years and it shows the pattern quite nicely.

And here is a good read to DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There are at least 3 ice ages we can document through the much valued modern science of geology and climatology. It got cold, and then it warmed...it got cold, and then it warmed... it got cold, and then it warmed again. Due to what? Cromagnon Man SUVs... dinosaur flatulance...maybe Neanderthals simultaneously grilling out?
For the second time this winter I have 7+" of global warming pilling up outside my back porch and it's still coming down... unusual for central NC. Add this to all the psuedoscience of the Global Warming alarmists, and I frankly don't see how we can believe any of this tripe.
However, you will be glad to know I am a good stewart of the earth and a farmer, and the enviroment is important to me. So is honesty and common sense.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I already know it's a nasty thing with climate change. But you ought to take it a bit more serious, at 3 degrees more, you can't live here any more.

I know that it is not right to collect taxes on CO2 when you can not change the climate. However, that does not have to mean exploitation. Here in Switzerland, this money will be used to make people insulate their homes better or pay less for a small economical car to.

On the other hand, I must now be more critical. This whole Climagate conspirators that tell you exactly what you want to hear. They sell their videos and course days and make a lot of money.

I simply mean that we must pay more attention to our environment. We should protect nature, as best we can. Because our population density is much too large anyway.

Peace Out.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Deny Ignorance, please.

YOu are just spouting propaganda that has been proven false many times over.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Deny Ignorance, please.

oOu are just spouting propaganda that has been proven false many times over.

Deny Ignorance, please.

oOu are just spouting propaganda that has been proven false many times over.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

On the other hand, I must now be more critical. This whole Climagate conspirators that tell you exactly what you want to hear. They sell their videos and course days and make a lot of money. I simply mean that we must pay more attention to our environment. We should protect nature, as best we can. Because our population density is much too large anyway.

I am not saying let's go ahead and just pollute. It is wise to use cleaner energy that is more efficient. It is not wise to allow ourselves to believe that we can change the mechanics of a planet by paying more money. Do you think the ever loving Al Gore thinks for one minute about his carbon footprint? He doesn't because he stands to make a mint off of people just like you. He already has. He positioned himself to look like our friend, when in fact he is our worst nightmare.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

No no Guys, sorry. I am not that fixed in my brain then the most here (look above
). I know exactly how a brain works, and the only question is: "Where did you set your filter to?".

I will no longer debate, I did already my best:

I eat no meat
I have no car, I use the train
I don't use aeroplanes.
I separate my garbage
I don't have any device in standby at night

I have my peace, so do what you must so.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
When people talk about "climate change" or "global warming" and they show a temperature chart that only starts in 1780, it really show their ignorance.

Many times in the past 4 or 5 thousand years the Earth has been much warmer than it is now. I wonder where were all the people, cars, factories..etc were back then that caused that?

I totally agree about the need not to pollute our environment with chemicals and trash. I think everyone everywhere can agree on that. However the idiotic claim that man somehow is capable of changing the climate on earth is simply beyond any reason or logic whatsoever.

I fear that the warming idiots are going to do something to attempt to change the weather and add to an already cooling climate resulting in the starving and freezing to death of millions of people on top of the millions that are going to die anyway due to the coming extremely cold period.

Al Gore and his minions need to be locked away and shut up before they do more harm than they have already done.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I eat no meat I have no car, I use the train I don't use aeroplanes. I separate my garbage I don't have any device in standby at night I have my peace, so do what you must so.

You mean you have your peace from the constant assault of global warming scenarios that the media have conveniently provided for you. They had their affect on you, there is no doubt. Soon enough you will find yourself debating whether it is ethical to euthanize whole populations in the name of our own survival.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

You are wrong, but what shall I try to say... PEACE OUT!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yup.

If I had a dollar for every time I got into it with some climate denier on this board who tells me something like "Believe it or not I used to be all pro-global warming, but then I saw how many lies they were telling and it's all a big scam now I fight the good fight blah blah blah".

Basically I take this to mean:

"First, I watched An Inconvenient Truth. And I was all ZOMG! Global Warming!! Run!!! But then I watched The Great Global Warming Swindle, and...phew... It's actually all about TAXES. Let's Get 'Em!!!!"

People are so easily malleable and they have such short attention spans it's ridiculous. Never mind what the actual truth is.

Here's some more info about what a "Great" Global Warming Swindle this movie really is:

The Real Global Warming Swindle

The Big Swindle Movie

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
And we know that this isn't a natural cycle how?

Yeah, you're right - that's a perfectly sane reason to just ignore the issue altogether.

"Hey this tumor-shaped thing on my chest could just as easily be some harmless cyst I can't explain. Case closed. phew."

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is a insane argument because the climate has been changing since the begining of time and more recently has been warming since the end of the last ice age. What happens to your drink when the ice melts? It warms and as for the current cooling trend I am sure the lack of sun activity could be a factor.
Now if you want me to think that man is the cause of any of this you would have to point out where the data is for all of the natural sources of greenhouse gas and do you even know what they are?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'll be honest... I didnt read every post. Not sure if this has already been said but most people aren't arguing the validity of GW.. It's when i'm told GW is man-made that I start having problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join