It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the "Passive" Jesus myth....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There is much in the bible about the coming wrath of God against those who do not follow him. And that wrath is being given out by his son Christ.......so whats up with all this passive Jesus stuff.

The entire book of Revelations is about the punishment of satan and his followers including those of mankind who follow evil.

Rev 14:..

10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

For those who dont think Revelation was from Jesus how about this...

Rev 1:..

1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

And for those who think all they need to do is just "believe" there is this ...

Matt 7..

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So many other passages where Jesus tells of what happens to those who do not obey the will of his father....

The reason the passive myth has happened is it makes man feel better about breaking Gods law and that somehow no matter what everything will be OK in the end.

Jesus loves me so I can do what I want..........Yet the entire bible says otherwise.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You can't really just spout off bible passages as fact.

it's like saying, ... I know what killed the dinosaurs, and then proceed to share a chapter in the bible.

You might as well be following a Ninja Turtle coloring book,... it has the same value, ... however it is WE who choose what is meaningful to ourselves, so if you enjoy the illusion, ... why not right ??

I like to think of Jesus as like a primitive version of Mel Gibson in Mad Max, .... wandering around a waste land, ... solving problems with his dog, untill he comes across some kids who can't really understand who he is.... and begin to worship him.

hoy, it's tha captain !! tha captain !! ..... see what I did there ?? that was my aussie impression.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Where's the interesting debate or discussion to be had in this topic?

The question you've posed is a cheap excuse to put lots of bible trash onto the forum of ATS, and for you to preach your hateful fundamentalist gospel.

If ever there was a 'forum' crime of 'fraud', this is it. Why do you persist in doing this?

You're so far from your 'God', it's unreal.

Parallex.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. As C.S. Lewis so succinctly put it in his book, 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe': "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion". I'm tired of non-believers telling us who our God is, as if THEY know something we don't know. As God told Moses, "I am who I am". We didn't make Him up. He isn't under our control. If you want to know who He is, read the Bible. Don't like what the Bible says? Not my problem. You don't think He's a nice God? I didn't make Him, He made me.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Where's the interesting debate or discussion to be had in this topic?

The question you've posed is a cheap excuse to put lots of bible trash onto the forum of ATS, and for you to preach your hateful fundamentalist gospel.

If ever there was a 'forum' crime of 'fraud', this is it. Why do you persist in doing this?

You're so far from your 'God', it's unreal.

Parallex.

I wonder if a 'discussion' is even possible. The only 'interesting' point of
departure would be one of interpretation. But, alas, modern Scripture
scholars are all the 'bad guys'. The Bible contains many forms of literature,
we need to recognize the difference. The author or Rev was not some
kind of fortune teller, he wrote for a particular community in time of
persecution and offered hope. But as long as there are TV evangelists
and authors of books like the 'left behind' series, all makig a fortune mind you, a certain segment will blindly follow.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Simple, because part of intelligence and understanding is to also understand the circumstances surrounding an issue.

While ignorance is no excuse in man's court of law, it is actually a valid excuse in the eyes of the father. It's not a valid excuse in man's court of law simply because everyone would pretend to be ignorant etc. Obviously this is not something one can do in front of the eyes of god. The father will know if that person was truly ignorant or not.

Thus, bless them father for they know not what they do. And Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

The reason for this is that as they are ignorant, it means they have not actually rejected the truth, and once the truth comes to them then they will accept the truth and so forth. This is explained in the bible somewhere, but I can't remember the verses. But all people are given that chance.

Only the wicked would need worry. As in order to be the wicked, it means you have to know the truth, but instead work purposely against the truth, thus they "blasphemy the holy spirit".

Furthermore, it's blessed are the peacemakers, not blessed are the war mongers.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
You can't really just spout off bible passages as fact.

Actually, there's more archaeological evidence supporting the Bible than not supporting. Atheists will consistently point to Genesis or some early Old Testament book and say It's factually unprovable! However, when we get into the New Testament, it's a lot harder to pull that trick.

The fact — the BIGGEST fact — is that the Gospels exist, and that many of Christ's disciples were known historical figures who suffered very similar fates to that of Jesus Christ himself.

However, that's not the topic of this thread.

The "passive" Jesus myth is an old one, one that existed even during the life of Christ. Christ even refuted the myth, in his own words:

"Think NOT that I came to send peace on the world.
I came NOT to send peace, but a SWORD"

And, yes, I know the context of that quote. Christ is refuting the idea that His is a mission of "peace"... It's NOT. Christ's mission was not to spread love and peace and all that nonsense — His mission was to crash the gates and tear a lot of people a new butthole, figuratively speaking, just as He will be kicking ass and taking names when He returns, right.

I'm sure that the "passive Jesus" myth was started by revisionists who wanted to dilute Christ's message as His following grew.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/31/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

The sword Jesus is talking about is that of the tongue and truth. Because that is how you fight the lie. He is in no manner speaking of an actual sword or physical wars.

If he were to come in peace then it would mean he wouldn't tell the truth and such, he would have just went along with the mainstream beliefs in order to keep everyone happy etc.

Big difference between that and physically fighting wars.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

There is much in the bible about the coming wrath of God against those who do not follow him. And that wrath is being given out by his son Christ.......so whats up with all this passive Jesus stuff.

The entire book of Revelations is about the punishment of satan and his followers including those of mankind who follow evil.>

While the entire Bible is concerned with God's justice, the entire
Bible is also concerned with God's love and mercy, forgiveness.
Why do some so enjoy zeroing in on the Apocolypse and ignoring
the rest.

The Messiah riding upon a donkey offers forgiveness and peace with God, whereas Christ mounted upon a horse implies judgment and war.

“Rejoice heartily, O daughter Zion; shout for joy, O daughter Jerusalem! See, your king shall come to you; a just savior is he, meek, and riding on an ass, on a colt, the foal of an ass. He shall banish the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem; the warrior’s bow shall be banished, and he shall proclaim peace to the nations” (Zechariah 9: 9-10).

The Jesus that demands love, peace, forgiveness of his followers is
no myth. Its not that its been tried and found wanting, its that its been
found hard and not tried.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

to the OP, Revelations was also written by a raving lunatic all by himself while he was living in a cave.... and is therefore, in my opinion, a horrible source from which to derive anything what so ever.

top topics

join