It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Nobel Peace Prize-winner Barack Obama ups spending on nuclear weapons to even more than GeorgeBush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
President Obama is planning to increase spending on America's nuclear weapons stockpile just days after pledging to try to rid the world of them.
In his budget to be announced on Monday, Mr Obama has allocated £4.3billion to maintain the U.S. arsenal - £370million more than George Bush spent on nuclear weapons in his final year.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... fr9if

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I found this article both worrying and amusing at the same time.

Obama sure looks a like a Nobel Peace price winner........

[edit on 30-1-2010 by tempest501]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If they're going to have a nuclear arsenal, I'd rather they spend the money necessary to maintain it than to leave the missiles and warheads to rot in the silos. Its a good decision and one of the few things I can't criticize him for, even in spite of that ridiculous Nobel Peace Prize that they gave him.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Agree 100% with you sir.

Lets make sure these nukes stay maintainable

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I sure dont trust these government with all thats going on and for me, personally, i hate the idea of people that cant be trusted having the ability to blow us all to kingdom come.

I know im an idealist ,I guess ,but I wish we could but all these wars and nukes behind us and focusing on becoming the best we can be instead of the worst.

Peace

[edit on 30-1-2010 by tempest501]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by vor78

Agree 100% with you sir.

Lets make sure these nukes stay maintainable
Agreed
But like most folks we are getting real tired of being lied to and talked down to by those we put in charge.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501

Well... let's face it, we all know it wasn't a peace prize at all. It was a "You're Not George Bush Award".

IRM

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by tempest501

Well... let's face it, we all know it wasn't a peace prize at all. It was a "You're Not George Bush Award".

IRM

LOL Thats made me chuckle hehe. That sentence is so awesome it should be a signature hehe.

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Another nod of agreement. Some of you might remember a nuke (or 2?) went missing during Dubya's tenure? Ah yes, security. Nukes and biological weapons must be secured being far more dangerous than anything else I can think.
It does seem hypocritical with the Nobel prize but this is one of those things we can't afford to fool around about.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'd be surprised if Obama did not have blood dripping down his jaw right now. Liberals were impressed by his giant battle axe coming with a time table. I was never impressed. The only thing a time table for a government means is that the incompetence will be exceptionally clear when the time table turns out to be a joke.

Obama has destroyed into a million pieces what little credibility the Nobel Peace Prize had. It had a couple shreds left... but perhaps that is because I had not been alive long enough to see what its about.

Obama never ever spoke like he was interested reducing our overseas military empire. Never. He talked about a time table for Iraq. So what, even McCain could have put in a time table for Iraq... it doesn't matter. McCain claimed he wanted to pull out the troops too in good time. Both of their REAL time tables are five billion years when Earth is gone... about the same as Obama. They wouldn't want to have our troops being vaporized by Earth merging in with the Sun.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Is there a way to revoke someone's peace price? If he won it for his nuclear disarmament views, then this should be grounds for removal.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
Is there a way to revoke someone's peace price? If he won it for his nuclear disarmament views, then this should be grounds for removal.

I think even if they did revoke it that prize has lost all credability now, it has in my view anyway.

peace

top topics

join