It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Budget Ends Return-To-Moon Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

President Barack Obama is essentially grounding efforts to return astronauts to the moon and instead is sending NASA in new directions with roughly $6 billion more, according to officials familiar with the plans.

A White House official confirmed Thursday that when next week’s budget is proposed, NASA will get an additional $5.9 billion over five years, as first reported in Florida newspapers.

Some of that money would extend the life of the International Space Station to 2020. It also would be used to entice companies to build private spacecraft to ferry astronauts to the space station after the space shuttle retires, said the official, who was not authorized to speak by name.

“What kills the moon mission is the decision to extend the space station to 2020,” Logsdon said. That means the Bush goal of “moon by 2020 is dead. We can’t afford using the station for five more years and going to the moon.”

Is Obama trying to hide something? or is he just hell bent on giving up USAs space superiority to India and China? What a Tool....

I dont live in America but I have been there so many times because of how wonderful it is, I love America, but im starting to wonder, What happened to the "American Exceptionalism that I grew up hearing about?

Full Article Here

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Viper2097]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper2097

It doesn't surprise me. He's never supported it that I know of, but aside from that, I don't think he's interested, either politically or personally, in anything beyond social engineering programs.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I wouldnt say that he was never interested in going back to the moon.

Obama Backs Moon Return in NASA Budget.
Feb 26, 2009
Link

Obama is Dead Serious About Quickly Going Back to the Moon
Jan 4, 2009
Link

But I do agree with you that Obama is far to interested in Social programs, Minority Programs in particular... God, I cant stand it...

new topics

join