It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Typical "godless" future dictator

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by villagesmithie

Next I would like you to justify some of you statements.

"the hate filled false preacher"

"To get elected he had to completely "LIE" to america about having a christian "faith" "

"his vileness"

"obamassiah"

"obama the vile"

The proof is all around you but YOU will never see it because you are blind to truth. You can see only hate for "Dubya".

"the hate filled false preacher"..one need only listen to Rev Wright own words on is own DVD.

All the rest of you singled out quotes are self evident over the last year by anyone without "bush derangement syndrom".....

Be aware, I am no fan of Bush, he did many things I think were bad for the country.

But he was not an insane dictator.....as obama is.....

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Obama got this one right. What religion has a majority of followers within our borders is irrelevant. Church and Government should remain separate and separated more so. I hope any Church that would disagree would get it's tax exempt status rebuked immediately for getting entangled in politics. The system is set up this way to avoid would be dictators not create them. I see no danger in this direction, much in the other.

"Every new and successful example, therefore, of a perfect separation between the ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance; and I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and Government will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together" - James Madison

"Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private schools, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and the state forever separated." - Ulysses S. Grant

[edit on 30-1-2010 by entropy]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The proof is all around you but YOU will never see it because you are blind to truth. You can see only hate for "Dubya".

Again, it's so much easier to win an argument when you define your opponents beliefs. I said nothing about my beliefs or feelings about Bush. I challenged your statement.

Bush is "hated" among the left because he said the gretaest influence in his life was "Jesus" during the debates

You want to believe "the godless left" hates bush because he is christian. That's not true. There are certainly people who hate others for their religious beliefs, but the majority judge people by their actions.

You have decided Obama is a "insane dictator". I don't see it. Yes he is a politician (that's bad enough), yes he's made some mistakes. But making the jump to "vile" , "insane dictator" seems like a stretch to me. I believe you are jumping to conclusions with him the same way you did with me. You defined me by your beliefs rather then by what you actually knew about me.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by vjr1113
Religion has no place in politics.

It's as simple as that.

Thats a pretty silly statement in a country where 92% believe in God...

some hundred years back, about that percent believed in a flat earth.

just because its a popular myth to believe in, doesn't mean its correct.

Most marriages end in divorce...does that mean Obama should get divorced to get in sync with the rest of us?

also, keep in mind that such stats include children, whom simply say they believe but later on once they start the process of critical thinking, dismiss such ideas as santa, tooth fairy, and biblical dietys.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

and yet the religion of the left is global warming...a true myth.....

At its core america is STILL a christian nation, somewhat mislead at the moment into thinking otherwise.

When the real crap hits the fan, america will remember God.....

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

When the real crap hits the fan, america will remember God.....

Just because it's "believed" does not make it true.
"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church."-Ferdinand Magellan
I will ask you to refrain from distorting the history of the US and please always capitalize it in it's proper grammar.(It's America) Both practices are offensive to us Secular Patriots. I would like to add to this debate that if fear in the time of tragedy, oppression or distress is the only thing your God has to make "Believers" that only hurts his credibility more in my opinion.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by entropy]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

and yet the religion of the left is global warming...a true myth.....

There it is again. Framing the debate from your idea of what others believe. Sure there are those who take an idea like climate change and use it to advance their own goals. There are people who panic and think the world is coming to an end. But to call it a religion is an obvious tactic to paint the other side as extremist, not reality.

There is an honest debate about climate change and it's causes. The consensus of the majority of scientist is that climate change is real and less so but still most believe that it is caused by humans. To call it a myth is to ignore the reality of the debate and once again let your beliefs be the final judge of truth. I don't have the time to investigate all the details to come to my own 100% decision one way or the other but common sense tells me that the amount of stuff our society puts into the atmosphere is likely to have an effect.

At its core america is STILL a christian nation, somewhat mislead at the moment into thinking otherwise.

Wrong again. At it's core the United States of America was established as a nation to escape the tyranny of the government include the freedom to practice the religion of your choice. There were plenty of Christians involved as well as other religious beliefs, but what the tried to established was not a Christian nation but a free nation.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A leader is an individual that brings a community into true consensus, and is furthermore able to guide and motivate them. A democratically elected person is rarely able to provide this, as they are chosen for their ability to appeal to individual desires. Under a democracy, people choose what they want, while under a dictatorship, the leader decides what is best. When people choose their leaders, they more often vote for that which pleasures them in the short term than what is best for them in the long term.
The best leaders would be those who were not slaves to public approval, but instead did what was best for everyone. They would be inclined to observe the entire picture rather than attack what is immediately in front of them. As such they would not create false enemies, but instead hunt for an underlying problem that may not be immediately visible to others. This dictator would be willing to take harsh but necessary action when required, such as depopulating and restricting people. Democratically elected politicians would never do such things, as it would immediately get them kicked out of office, but a dictator is not bound by these types of concerns, and understands that such measures only help to preserve in the long term. Be careful using the term Dictator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

"Typical godless leftist".

Reagan never attended church. But he was a typical right wing hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

You are my new hero... perfectly said.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

To all those 'seperation" of church an state believers......

There is no such thing anywhere in the constitution.....

If the leader of men knows not the ture "God" then he follows satan. And satan leads all mankind into the lake of fire.............

Man can not "govern" himself without God.

As man tries to destroy himself 'God" will send his son to stop it all....and setup HIS world government, guess what.....it will be the government of GOD.......

those who do not know God are blind to these truths.......just as obama the vile knows he follows only himself and his father satan.

All of you who "scoff" at religion have a good reason, religions are false...

Following God is a way of life, not a religion...........

obama is a godless marxist leading all who will follow him straight into the lake of fire......

Those who think "Jesus" is just a "pacifist" are in for a rude awakening, very soon....

[edit on 30-1-2010 by heliosprime]

I offer this as an example as to why people should be taught basic civics in high school.
It's one thing to lie about something like that... it's totally another to be flat out wrong but honestly believe you're telling the truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
"But he was not an insane dictator.....as obama is....."

Dictators make laws on a whim that are legally binding all by themselves.
Obama does not have that authority. No president ever has.

Your hatred is only surpassed by your lack of knowledge.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
"But he was not an insane dictator.....as obama is....."

Dictators make laws on a whim that are legally binding all by themselves.
Obama does not have that authority. No president ever has.

Your hatred is only surpassed by your lack of knowledge.

Your utter blindness is amazing....

How many czars has the vile one appointed who's sole purpose is to subvert the consitution by not requireing confirmation of the senate?

How about his statements that the consitution is about "negative liberties"....

This barry dude makes hitler look "meek".......

he is pushing his vile agenda to destroy healthcare even though 61% of america says "drop it"....

If the Democrats in Congress develop another approach, Rasmussen Reports will resume tracking as appropriate. However, polling released earlier today shows that 61% of voters nationwide want Congress to drop the health care plan and focus on the economy and jobs.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
You can spout all the crap you want to about Obama. I'm not gonna defend him. I will however use your thread to say that I am becoming
a little more impressed with him as time carries. I have noticed a commercial on T.V. lately no one can say anything bad about it. To
try would be advertising ones own alterior motives.

Obama simply is encouraging us to take time out everyday and be a Dad.

I think it's really great that he sends a positive message like that.

If the guy's getting to me he can't be all bad.

Damn sure never see anything like that from Bush Bush Bush. In fact I think I have to chaulk one up for Obama on that one.

What the hell OP you're comin off way to strong, to the point you make
yourself sound obsessed and delusional. He just isn't all that. You're
puttin' way to much on it stud.
Hey people can change! I just did.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
it's totally another to be flat out wrong but honestly believe you're telling the truth.

That is an extremely difficult case. Because they're technically innocent (sort of), but they cause such tremendous damage. How are they going to be hold accountable since they're misguided characters? You can punish people for being evil, but on what ground you're supposed to punish misguided people?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Obama simply is encouraging us to take time out everyday and be a Dad.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by randyvs]

Oh yes a great 'dad" role model....

"When it comes specifically to HIV/AIDS, the most important prevention is education, which should include -- which should include abstinence education and teaching the children -- teaching children, you know, that sex is not something casual. But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16. You know, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."

blogs.cbn.com...

But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by heliosprime]

<< 1   >>

join