It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Learn To Love Like God???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hello everyone, my name is Charles Marcello and I’m posting this idea in an attempt to change the world for the better. Before I begin I believe it is important to get a couple of things out of the way. First, I am nothing but a simple human being. I am NO Messiah, Christ, or Anti-Christ. I am simply a human being who has an idea I believe will someday lead humanity to one thousand years of peace. However, I want to make sure no one mistakes me for something other then who and what I am, and that is, a human being with an idea and nothing more. Also, this idea is NOT meant to create another Religion, the world already has enough of those. This is simply a personal prayer that anyone can create… Now that that nonsense is out of the way… I believe each of us can learn to love like God!

What does it mean to love like God, well in its most simplest form, it means to love completely and without fault. Within the family unit that is something we should all feel, yet what about outside the family unit… is it possible to love humanity without fault? I believe that it is. And I believe we can learn to do so, one person at a time. The question becomes how?

Over the course of my life I have prayed to God about all kinds of things, yet most of my prayers have been to beg God to bring peace to humanity. I also pray to God to end racism, and to end hate, and the hate humans have towards those who worship him by a different name. Yet as the years pass things always seemed to get worse, and at times I would feel despair. Then I realized, God gave us free will… He loves us completely and in so doing he allows us to make our own decisions, regardless of how evil we are to each other… Once I realized that simple truth, I realized that the answer for peace has to come from each of us. So I started praying for the answer.

A few years ago I began to pray to God that if someone must be held accountable for the sins of humanity… In a very personal way, and without saying to much, I would beg God each night to place those sins onto me. I have asked for nothing in return… I would simply finish my prayer with, “God please give humanity another chance. We have such great promise, and maybe in the next life we will learn to love each other the way you love us.” I believe that with all my heart… that humanity does have great promise… and it is the love of life and the love of our potential that makes it easy for me to pray to be held accountable for all of humanities sins. Even though I am nowhere near perfect, not even close, I still believe we can be better. Yet like before, things still seem to becoming progressively worse… and I believe we can all feel it. So as I would pray to be held accountable for all the sins of humanity, I would also beg God for the answer to help humanity stop the madness.

What is the madness? During the course of my life I have read well over a hundred history books, and I have read about countless past civilizations. The truth I’ve learned by studying humanity is this… even though our toys have changed and we can communicate faster then any Age before us, we still haven’t evolved one bit. I challenge any and all to pick up a history book and read why our ancestors killed each other, and then pick up a newspaper and see if anything has changed. We still kill each other for power, for greed, for the way we pray to God, for the color of skin, for a tribal name, or just for the fun it. We truly haven’t evolved one bit. We are still making the same ignorant mistakes our ancestors did over six thousand years ago. Perhaps we should try something new…

The way I figure it, we have two choices, continue doing the same madness while each generation keeps expecting different results as we stumble towards our destruction, or, we must find a new path. Instead of screaming against the tidal wave of human madness, I decided to see if there was an answer. And I believe there is… I believe I am no one special… I believe if I can pray to God to make me personally responsible for all of the worlds sins, then so can everyone else. We know from history that collectivism in the physical world is pure evil simply because that gives power of the few over the many… However collectivism in the spiritual, where one gives freely to help save each other while asking for nothing in return. Now that is learning to love like God. So how do we begin?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny continue from above

Well, first… you already have a personal relationship with God, even if you deny his existence, God has never denied you. He’s always been waiting for us, always listening, always loving us. I say to you God is not jealous nor is he wrathful. I know this is true because the devil exists! In our physical plain we can only deny God or curse his name, while Lucifer supposedly challenged God for his thrown, and this supposed wrathful, jealous, vengeful God destroyed Satan, or did God immediately forgive the devil? We all know that answer. God forgave Satan and gave him dominion over this Earth. I believe God did so, so in time we humans will learn how to love completely. The devil has had his fill on the misery mankind has caused one another. If we learn to pray to God… in our own way… to be held personally accountable for our personal sins and for the sins of the entire world, I believe we can starve the devil and even change his evil ways. I believe we can teach even the devil how to love. Because who among us would sin knowing full well our parents, brothers, sisters, friends and even our children… each would beg God every night to be held accountable for your, our sins… What could humanity rationalize then?

As we look to human history we read about all manner of barbarism, murder, mayhem, and just plan evil… and each of those crimes committed against humanity were rationalized by those who committed those heinous acts against their fellow man, while the devil smiled as his belly grew. There is an old saying… the greatest lie ever told was the devil convincing the world he didn’t exist. Well that statement was most certainly created by a primitive mind, because that statement is pure nonsense. For the greatest lie ever told has always been and will always remain… convincing someone a lie is the truth. And we are all guilty of that crime! But who among us would lie knowing our family and friends would beg God to be held accountable for even the most simplest of our sins? Could you knowing lie, hurt, steal or otherwise harm another human being knowing your child would beg God with tears rolling down their face to be held accountable… to be held personally responsible for your sins? Could you do it? Could you… neither could I! And I believe that is the answer to peace in our time, the answer that will bring peace to our planet for a thousand years!

Know this simple truth… evil is not something way over there, nor is it something that exists in a group… Evil resides inside each and every one of us… we must personally learn to stop the evil within ourselves, so as to stop the madness we bring into this world. And that can only be accomplished one person, one prayer at a time. This prayer must never be said in a group, it must never be said out loud or insight of others. This prayer is a personal conversation between you and God… You must choose the words… you must come to God in your own way, and privately. Mankind must never attempt to force this prayer onto others, to do so means the devil has taken control, and that must never be allowed. We must fight evil within ourselves, and then and only then will evil begin to die around the world. We have been given the gift of life and the freedom of free will. This is our choice. This is your choice!

As we look across the planet in our time it might seem impossible to stop the madness, yet if you believe, and I mean really believe in this prayer, in being personally responsible for the worlds sins… the world will find peace. But you must really believe. The good news is, when you know in your soul you truly mean what you pray, God will know as well and you will have a moment. It will be an extremely personal moment, and I would ask you keep that moment to yourself, so others may experience their own moment without their minds being clouded with your experience. Each must accept this truth on their own.

We can all lie to others and get away with it, but we cannot lie to ourselves or to God. Oh we can hide behind alcohol and drugs, by burying the truth in a drunken or drugged out stupor, but sooner or later we will face our own personal truth. This is not a fad, this must be a way of life. If the world treats this as a fad, as something new and different that people don’t truly mean… Then the evil that will come to humanity will make the rest of history pale in comparison. The devil is vengeful… and he will have his revenge if humanity simply pretends. We must believe this with all our might… and we must pray to help save all our souls. You will know when you believe, you will know when God believes you, and we will all know when the world changes. When we have reached that New Golden Age.

Even though this letter is filled with the word love and God, and even though some may consider this a New Age Religion, this is NOT a religion, this is simply a personal prayer. It is not meant to subvert or convert any person to or from any religion. This is simply an idea, that each of you can turn into a personal movement, that in time could become our quiet reality… which in turn could bring this world one thousand years of peace. I believe that with all my heart, and I bring this before the world for you to decide. This world can only change one person at a time. Are you that person? Are you ready to start a new world? We know evil is working hard every day to destroy us all. Will you bring unconditional love to the world? Will you try with all your might to love like God? We will never have God’s wisdom… But we can try to love like him. The choice is yours… Regardless of what path you choose, I will be praying for you and all of humanity. And I pray you will too. Once you know you truly believe in that prayer, I would ask that you pass this message on to your family and friends. But you must allow them to choose for themselves…

Even though this is a personal journey, a very private conversation between you and God… Know this… If we stop the madness inside ourselves, together we can change the world, together we can bring peace to humanity… and together we will create a new path, and bring about a brand new chapter in human evolution. The choice is yours.

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 30-1-2010 by littlebunny]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So there is no confusion. This prayer and our attempt to love like God doesn’t mean we must become victims. Hardly… We can only pray for peoples sins, their soul belongs to God. In this reality, we must never force ourselves onto another human being. We must strive to not lie, steal, cheat, or otherwise harm another person. However, if someone attempts to harm you, it is your duty to protect yourself. This life is a gift, and its yours! No one has the right to take it from you, or to force pain onto you. Live in peace always, but that doesn’t mean become a victim. If our actions never hurts another human being in any way, or never makes us a burden unto them, then that action cannot be evil… Nor is any reaction to protect yourself from evil, evil… If you are wise enough to understand the difference, then nothing more needs to be said.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Freedom is loving others.

Slavery is loving one's self.

You sir, are a excellent historian.

I have also come to this same conclusion in my studies of countless historical documents and artifacts.

History is always the same story for the same reasons, it repeats itself. Only the names of people and places change.

But since it is circular, it leads back to where it came from.

I Starred and flagged your thread.

I believe you are very smart and can see the Truth about what is going on around you.

I tend to think of these things in the deepest philosophical and metaphorical sense, and I must simply agree with you.

I cannot deny the logical facts you present in your post.

Good work. And do not feel such despair, feel only joy.

You are NOT alone! We will advance soon beyond this mess, have faith.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
If we learn to love like god, and live in peace for 1 thousand years, does that mean god has a limit to his love?

IRM

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

I also pray to God to end racism, and to end hate

I see. So your strategy is not to love these things but to appeal to a more powerful source to wipe these things out of existence?

What happened to love?

Clearly God accepts these things. They exist. Why don't you accept them?

What does it mean to love like God, well in its most simplest form,
it means to love completely and without fault.

Ok. Completely. So then, God loves hatred, God loves pain and misery and death and suffering and starving children and rape and murder and every other thing that your heart rails against. These are all traits and choices of humanity. And in your own words, God loves humanity completely and does not fault us for being what we are.

So clearly God loves these things. Why do you reject them? Why do you ask God to eliminate them? How can you possibly expect Him to?

So how do we begin?

I propose we begin by understanding what love is. Love is not about arbitrarily choosing the attributes of humanity that we do and don't like. Love is not about needless sacrifice. Love is about awareness and acceptance. Kittens torture and eat live mice. But we love them anyway. Humans rape and maim and kill each other. But God loves us anyway.

Maybe humans can start loving humans too, just like we love kittens.

Don't try to perceive humanity as flawed. We are not broken. If we want to be or become something other than what we are, all we have to do is be what we want to be. But a house made of bricks is built by taking bricks and building a house...not by eliminating the "broken" and "unwanted" material from stones.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

And so the circle of questions begins.

While asking questions let us remember to always respect each other.

I am not saying anything about your post in particular, just pointing out the fact that here at ATS, questions will ALWAYS come up. No matter what is said.

We each only have pieces of the puzzle of life.

No one of us will ever get all the pieces, we simply cannot live long enough. It is impossible.

You are right LordBucket that "God" created dark and light. Both polarities. Without one the other has no meaning or reality.

And this creates a Universal Paradox. This paradox is spoken of to no end in Buddhist, Taoist, and many Confucian circles. And countless others.

I am not part of any group, but I love the subject. And I love going in circles.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I agree, a true master does not discern this from that, good or bad, ... they are equal parts in a perfect system.

there is no great cosmic struggle between good and evil, there is a point in the universe where all energy is the same, and everything equals out.

there is no " better world" one mans " better" is another mans " worse" .. all we can hope to do is change our own percepton, and realize what we desire already exists.

What you may regard as the worst men in history, did not go to hell. Everything is relative !! if Hitler had won the war he would be the greatest hero since George Washington.

do not concern yourself with, is this good, ... is this bad, ... and under no circumstances ever ask yourself " how will god feel about this" because he created this world to be experienced, ... all of it.

the only question is, .... who do you choose to be ?

[edit on 30-1-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Don't try to perceive humanity as flawed. We are not broken.

I suppose this is one of our greatest misconceptions about people. I cannot help but judge others harshly from time to time.

Myself especially.

I suppose I am deceived into forsaking people based on my own ignorance. Including myself.

I really liked your post LordBucket. Thank you for sharing your insights.

I love how ATS is such a treasure trove of learning and ideas.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

the only question is, .... who do you choose to be ?

Awesome point.

I suppose I would choose to be a friend to everyone, even people I "Think" are bad. Because this "God" by definition, could not create a imperfect reality.

Otherwise the definitions of these words would stop making sense, and I would go crazy trying to think about it any further lol.

This ties into the equality of all people very well.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Nice. I appreciate your compassion and wish to help us all =)

On the other hand, "God" from the Bible and Christian religions is not anything like love! He's unfair, biased, vengeful, jealous... he's about as loving as a drunk wife-beater. I would have had a much more positive experience with your post if you had used a different name for some divine spirit or universal, nonjudgmental compassion and acceptance.

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
What we need is to figure out how to be able to meet in the middle ground without or personal views creating indifference.

Mankind is too polarized. We need a little more neutrality to settle things down.

Whats is best for "you" and what is best for "everyone else" are two completely different things.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hello LittleBunny
Hope you are well,

What does it mean to love like God, well in its most simplest form, it means to love completely and without fault.

The word to describe this is "Agape"

The word represents divine, unconditional, self-sacrificing, active, volitional, and thoughtful love."the love that consumes, the highest and purest form of love,

A few years ago I began to pray to God that if someone must be held accountable for the sins of humanity… In a very personal way, and without saying to much, I would beg God each night to place those sins onto me. I have asked for nothing in return…

This has already been done LittleBunny,There was a man who died for all humanity.
His name is Jesus

"And then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed himself for their sins once for all when he offered himself." Hebrews 7:24

Know this simple truth… evil is not something way over there, nor is it something that exists in a group… Evil resides inside each and every one of us… we must personally learn to stop the evil within ourselves, so as to stop the madness we bring into this world.

Original sin,Inherited by and through each and every one of us and can only be dealt with by the power of God in the life of each person,

The first and foremost reason that Jesus came to earth was to redeem,to make a way for men to return to God,which he did,Whe he went to Heaven Jesus told his disciples that he would send The Holy Spirit and
that the Holy Spirit would be with them and would live in them and change their hearts to conform them into the image and likeness of him,to change them so that they would know and walk and live in "Agape' love.

God has truly given us free will,and he loves us whether we choose to accept that or not,
God Bless

BV.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Can We Learn To Love Like God

You are talking about unconditional love, it is possible, I have given this before. My experience, more often than not it's not reciprocated. It's well worth giving. Just don't expect it back.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackViolet

quote; The word to describe this is "Agape" >

Found in 1st letter of John the Greek Agape is a purely other-directed love that seeks no response and demands no return, a
love centered totally on the beloved. A love that is self gift. We share in this self gift of God through grace. The universe is
rooted in grace.

quote; This has already been done LittleBunny,There was a man who died for all humanity.
His name is Jesus

"And then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed himself for their sins once for all when he offered himself." Hebrews 7:24 >

I would go further and suggest that Jesus was not an afterthought, a sin
offering, a redemption as 'buying back', but the whole purpose of
creation is for the Incarnation, God's sharing of life and love, God's
first thought.

quote; Know this simple truth… evil is not something way over there, nor is it something that exists in a group… Evil resides inside each and every one of us… we must personally learn to stop the evil within ourselves, so as to stop the madness we bring into this world.

Original sin,Inherited by and through each and every one of us and can only be dealt with by the power of God in the life of each person, >

Only our openess to the presence of redeemng love enables us to
rise above the power of evil. We experience this redeeming love
through others witnessing to justice, truth and peace. While sin abounds,
grace abounds even more. (Rom 5:20).

quote; God has truly given us free will,and he loves us whether we choose to accept that or not,
God Bless>

Amen!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It amazes me how each of you read what I wrote, but non of you seem to understand what I said... So let me try this another way...

LIE HUMAN LIE

Where does one begin to tell the tale of a lie human lie forced upon him from birth?
When does the truth shine through the lie human lie he once believed?
When does society teach the truth to save itself from the lie human lie?

I say no more, stand convicted of your crime you human soul.

You are a murderer of men, women, children, and all other creatures that walk on this earth.

Yet you lie human lie and pass it down to your children, along with the demons that will haunt your ancestors not yet born.

You are an animal full of rage and anger towards things you do not understand and or deny. You are a beast caged inside your own mind behind the lie human lie.

I should pity the human soul, except I am ashamed, not of who or what I am.

I am ashamed that our society forces us to keep the lie human lie hidden, buried deep out in the open. We tell our children we are good, peaceful, but the lie human lie ends there, it begins in our hearts and minds. We are strong yet we weaken every generation after us with the lie human lie we force our children to learn on their own, and sometimes in the most horrific ways.

I am not ashamed because of the color of my skin, nor do I put value on any name that revolves around skin, for that too is nothing but a lie human lie. I am ashamed because people believe some how they are different from the white, brown, yellow, red, black skin that surrounds them each day, in their cities, states, country's, each breathing the breath released from those they claim to hate.

Oh they know the truth, but woe to he who professes the truth out in the open, and damn them to hell who passes that truth onto their children before the lie human lie can take hold. Condemning yet another generation to be destroyed behind the already damned.

How dare you lie human lie as you deny what you are, the evil that is in every heart, every mind, every soul. How dare you claim superiority over any other animal, when a bird, cat, dog, snake, and all other creatures act and teach their young exactly who and what they are. While we the disgrace of Mother Nature dishonor ourselves with the lie human lie we deny out in the open.

The mirror, our reflection upon the water, the truth in every pair of human eyes. We cannot hide it, so we lie human lie.

Every human is capable of murder, maim, rap, pillage, plunder, and yes a word called genocide. Excuse me as I laugh at the word genocide. That word is nothing more then a way for people to lie human lie about who and what we are. We kill for power, glory, land, money, or just for the fun of it. Do not deny you liar, you fake, you cowards.
Teach your children who and what we are, teach them before they discover the truth from the evening news. Tell them what and who we are. Don't lie human lie and claim some higher authority, some higher civilized way of communicating. Tell them the truth or you are damning them to be just like your ancestors before you.

The blood is not caked onto us, it flows within each of our bodies. Do you not see how each lie human lie has begot another and another? Am I to be hated because I am black, brown, yellow, white or red? No that is a lie human lie. I am hated because that is what we feel, that is who we are. We know no other way because the lie human lie has been past down to us, while the truth is always learned to late, then hidden as quickly as possible.

We have courts that make a mockery of who we are, I say to you courts are but a way to make the lie human lie real. While guns, tanks, planes, and ships are given free reign to do all the destruction they wish, and we praise them because they are our truth, yet we lie human lie behind a banner called nations. We lie human lie behind a banner called religion. We lie human lie behind a banner called civilized. And I am ashamed.

Speak the truth my fellow humans so that way we deal with the truth of who and what we are. We are killers, destroyers of men, women and children, do not deny that fact you cowards. Stand up and shout you beast, you animal called human. Tell all the children they are beasts as well, stand and be brave show them the truth. Give them the knowledge, right now, while we can still protect them from the lie human lie.

Say unto them, child we are descendants of butchers, murders and destroyers of life. Each man has the power to destroy another, and that power is so weak, so pathetically weak, we must teach ourselves to be stronger then who we are without the lie human lie.

To kill another man, is easy child, to love them when they have caused you pain is hard. To hurt another person is easy child, so very easy. To hug them when they have caused you pain, is hard and worth fighting for. Because we are natural born killers, I say to you child, know who and what you are, then work with your neighbors, your human brothers, and fight to live in peace of truth human truth.

Do not fall for the lie human lie regarding color of skin my child. Know this truth human truth, we are all humans, and each is blessed with a skin color so we may learn to face our fears. Do not ever hate something you do not understand or disagree with child, for that is weak. Fight to understand all your fellow brothers and sisters, their ways their beliefs, and learn to be stronger then our greatest weakness, so you may pass this... our greatest strength onto all the children, so they may pass it onto theirs, only then can we throw away the shackles of lie human lie.

(continue next post)

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny continue from above

Now go child and spread the truth to all mankind, help them break away the chains of lie human lie. To embrace who and what they are, so they may fight the demons that plague and harm this world, because we have been cowards to fight them within ourselves.

Go child and tell each and every human soul you come into contact with, the greatest lie human lie ever told, was us brainwashing ourselves into believing the lie human lie was the truth.

Be free from the chains put on us from birth, that was locked into our souls from the lie human lie past down from father to son, mother to daughter, sister to brother, friend to foe. Teach them child, for I fear the hour is growing late. Do not fall prey to the demons past down to us from our ancestors child, for the lie human lie is strong.

I tell you child, all teachers are weak and cowardly when they say we are not murderers or destroyers of souls. I beseech you dear child, please in the name of all that will come after you, embrace the truth human truth, and do not ever allow the lie human lie to take hold of mankind again.

Love has to start within, and that starts with accepting who and what we are. Embrace the truth human truth, and deny the lie human lie, so we may all live in peace.

Now go child go, preach the truth human truth and help us save ourselves from the slavery within we have chained our revolving misery to. Tell them child, we are the same, each of us, regardless of skin, religion, region or state. We are humans and we must accept the truth human truth in order to live in peace, to stop all the hate, the war, the suffering, buried behind the lie human lie hidden in the open.

I hope it is not to late. Please child, once you finish reading this, or hearing it read aloud. Carry the new banner of light, for as the fable goes, truth human truth is the only thing that will set us free.

--Charles Marcello [circa 2006]

or how about this... Why We Must Try To Love Like God. This isn't about God, or Jesus, or any other name that has been forced onto mankind by sword or death… its about choosing a new path, without asking for anything in return. It's about being sick of the way things are, and demanding no more. Where we shout down cowards who claim morality or good and bad are subjective. When the truth is that nonsense is only stated by those who are trying to hide their own guilt or it comes from those idiots who know nothing so they aren't worth listening too anyway. We must change or we will kill each other. If you accept that simple truth, then stop complaining about how things were, and start finding NEW answers to bring humanity to peace.

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 30-1-2010 by littlebunny]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have a bible form HarperCollinsPublishers

Matthew 17:20 It was because you haven't enough faith, answered Jesus. I assure you that if you have faith as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this hill, Go from here to there! and it will go. YOU COULD DO ANYTHING!.

Matthew 17:21 IS NOT THERE

So in fact they deleted Jesus words how to drive this demons out and say there is no way to drive them out.

Matthew 17:21 But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.

Collins is one of the 13 satanic bloodlines.

new topics

top topics

join