It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My BTS quote project, I urge you all to participate!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
“I've met God across his long walnut desk with his diplomas hanging on the wall behind him, and God asks me, "Why?" Why did I cause so much pain? Didn't I realize that each of us is a sacred, unique snowflake of special unique specialness? Can't I see how we're all manifestations of love? I look at God behind his desk, taking notes on a pad, but God's got this all wrong. We are not special. We are not crap or trash, either. We just are. We just are, and what happens just happens. And God says, "No, that's not right." Yeah. Well. Whatever. You can't teach God anything.” - Chuck Palahniuk

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Kewl thread idea! I'd like to play

"If you want to find the secrets of the Universe; think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration"
--- Nikola Tesla ---

"Confine yourself to the present."
--- Marcus Aurelius ---

"The ordinary man casts a shadow in a way we do not quite understand. The man of genius casts light."
--- George Steiner ---

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism... how passionately I hate them!"
--- Albert Einstein ---

and i'll throw in an original so the karmic intellectual memory doesn't completely dominate my post....

"Sentimentalism, conservatism, traditionalism... all anti-creative behavioral phenomenons" - I

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"Too much and too long, we seem to have surrendered community excellence and community values in the mere accumulation of material things. Our gross national product ... if we should judge America by that - counts air pollution and cigarette advertising, and ambulances to clear our highways of carnage. It counts special locks for our doors and the jails for those who break them. It counts the destruction of our redwoods and the loss of our natural wonder in chaotic sprawl. It counts napalm and the cost of a nuclear warhead, and armored cars for police who fight riots in our streets. It counts Whitman's rifle and Speck's knife, and the television programs which glorify violence in order to sell toys to our children.

"Yet the gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education, or the joy of their play. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages; the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage; neither our wisdom nor our learning; neither our compassion nor our devotion to our country; it measures everything, in short, except that which makes life worthwhile. And it tells us everything about America except why we are proud that we are Americans."

Robert F. Kennedy

From this thread:

RFK Quote

[edit on 6/9/10 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
"First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win."
- Gandhi

Just saw this in a post and really liked it, thought I'd add it in the collection.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by deadruby2006

I really like those a lot, thanks for sharing them.

I specifically liked the Nikola Tesla one, never heard it before but I feel the synchronicity between that quote and myself.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hi I plan on comming back and reading all the posts ..I have this one that speaks volumes
Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
Hi I plan on comming back and reading all the posts ..I have this one that speaks volumes
Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?

^^I think the problem is (just replying to your quote here) is perception; since we all view things differently we can each read the same thing, every single person in the world could, and odds are a percentage will agree on this and that and some will be undecided or confused... it's just how things work, and it's what makes us human - that ability to think, and reason. But above all, our ability to differ from other human beings is what makes us, us.

Anyway good Oscar Wilde quote (well I like all of them so I'll keep sharing them)...

"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."

edit on 3/10/2010 by highlyoriginal because: fixed sentence

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
"In order to survive, one must learn to adapt to changing situations" - T. Rex

"I don't see anything thrilling about it!" - M. Jackson

"Nice jail. Looks strong" - H. Houdini

"I've never seen so damn many Indians!" - G. A. Custer

"Relax, Julie. Everyone will understand" - Romeo

"What fools these mortals be" - Smaug

"Life is a series of rude awakenings" - R. V. Winkle

"That's entertainment!" - Vlad The Impaler

"Numerical superiority is of no consequence. In battle, victory will go to the best tactician" - G. A. Custer

"One need not fear superior numbers if the opposing force has been properly scouted and appraised" - S. Bull

"When old friends come together, everything else fades to insignificance" - War, Famine, Pestilence and Death

Thought I would interject a little humor.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone." - Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects

"Control, Kojak, control! It's what separates the higher species from the lower" - Glen Bateman in The Stand

"I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend" - Neil Peart of Rush

"Sweet dreams, you bastard" - Nurse in Queensryche's Operation:Mindcrime

"Goodbye, cruel world, there's nothing you can say, to make me change my mind. Goodbye" - Roger Waters in Pink Floyd's The Wall

"The brainwashed do not know they are being brainwashed" - Backmasking from The Plasmatics

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The trite saying that honesty is the best policy has met with the just criticism that honesty is not policy. The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
Robert E. Lee

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
One of my favourite things to say:

"Find a penny, pick it up, all day long, have a penny."

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.
Jeff Cooper

edit on 6-10-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The only thing that comes to someone who is asleep is a dream
Master P

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.
Smedley Butler

War is a racket. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.
Smedley Butler

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"Nothing motivates the masses like fear and faith; and this is what we are: fear and faith in equal measures meted out to those worthy of our attentions." - Cardinal Quiro Olranno; Josian Arch-Diocese
edit on 15-1-2011 by nastalgik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.
Louis L'Amour

Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before - it takes something from him.
Louis L'Amour

The fight for justice against corruption is never easy. It never has been and never will be. It exacts a toll on our self, our families, our friends, and especially our children. In the end, I believe, as in my case, the price we pay is well worth holding on to our dignity.
Frank Serpico

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
seance I play guitar from time to time the only one I have is "A musical instrument is like a woman, its useless if you cant feel it and pick it up to make it sing"

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear.
~Douglas MacArthur

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing. Robert E. Howard

I've found this largely true. Of course, this means that the internet must be the pinnacle of civilization.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Been a while since I posted in my own thread... but here are some good quotes I wanted to share

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.? ~Abraham Lincoln

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." ~James D. Miles

"Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does. It is up to you to give life a meaning." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

"A person will not change until the pain of remaining the same becomes greater than the pain of change."

I hope to see you all keep this thread alive even if I'm busy and not bumping it up & posting more quotes. I promise I will if you all keep it afloat as well

The reason I started this thread was because it worked out so well on another site, and that site has to archive the first thread because it hit 1000 posts and is now well into the 2nd thread -- I wouldn't mind seeing the same happen here, and I'd like to upload the other thread in text format for you all sometime soon when I get a chance to reconfigure it for uploading purposes.

If anyone is interested in such a thing please let me know that way I'll see there is some people interested in having a down-loadable thread full of quotes

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart" - Confucius

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join