It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmmaker Moore Says He Has Footage Of Berg Interview

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The footage, of an interview with Berg, "is approximately 20 minutes long. We are not releasing it to the media," Moore said in a statement.
www.local6.com...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well...So what? Why's he saying this? "I have a film and yoooou dooon't Nayh nayh nayh nayh nayh!"

And for that matter, how did he get this film? Is he getting on the Al' Queda mailing list now or something?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Already posted here although it's a post and it does really deserve it's own thread, I'm not sure what the the policy is when that's the case.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'd like to see the video.
It seems strange that he won't release it.

I wonder when it was filmed?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm sure MM will find a way to make a few bucks from this footage, if it's
authentic.
On the other hand, since when does MM require authenticity?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I can think of only one reason moore would not release the video, the last sentence of this paragraph from a news story says it all.

"Neither Moore nor his representatives would describe the nature or contents of the interview with Berg, who held staunch pro-war views."

Berg is more than likely saying words that do not fit Moores worldview.

If there was anything, anything at all that Moore could use to attack the Bush administration - it would be splashed all over the media by now.

And please dont tell me Moore is not releasing in deference to the family, we all know better than that when it comes to MM and publicity.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
OK, an update for everyone.
He interviewed Berg while he was still in the US:

Salon:
The news that Moore spoke to Berg while he was still in the United States only adds to the mystery surrounding the young man's presence in Iraq and tragic death. The interview was shot before the 26-year-old Berg left for Iraq late last year as a private contractor in the hopes of helping to rebuild the ravaged country.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think that the Nick Berg video is suspect. I'll have to wait to know if Michael Moore is telling the truth.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think Moore doing is this is totally disgusting.

Apparently there is no line of bad taste he won't cross for a buck.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Politics and motivation Val.....
Moore claims to disdain Capitolism, but he sure as hell is making the most of it, huh?

seekerof

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
He's not using the footage so what line did he cross and how is it disgusting?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ace,

I think folks may believe Moore is in this only for the attention
to himself, and not Berg.
Sort of "holding it hostage" and building
interest by NOT showing, just talking.
Then, of course when the time suits Moore....tada!

space

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
My guess is that he is holding it to make a movie about the war on terrorism in detail. After about 3 or 4 years he will come out with another movie, and there will be Berg on the big screen and part of the selling of the movie will be to see footage no one has seen.

AF1

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Why was Moore interviewing him?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
AF1

Good question!
Hadn't Berg tried a few times to get to Iraq?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Exactly who Nick Berg is/was and how he came to be incarcerated and what really happened to him are important enough to examine in the determination of truth in the whole sorry mess created by the neo-con criminals.

If he was a decent human being, no matter what his opinion of the war, he is probably someone who would prefer to be remembered for things he had said and done in life than as a headless corpse shipped back to his family in the US with no explanation and no autopsy.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
An update on the footage.
Moore's crew shot the interview with Berg during an Iraqi business conference in Arlington, Virginia, on December 4.

CNN:
Sara Berg said her brother told Moore's crew he was nervous about his safety in Iraq.

"He recognized it was a concern, and he kind of pointed out that he'd worked in difficult situations before," Sara Berg said from her home in Virginia Beach. "It's definitely something that he didn't shrug off."

She said her brother seemed enthusiastic in the footage.

David Berg, speaking from his home outside Newark, New Jersey, said it was "weird seeing Nick talk," but described the interview footage as dry.

The interview, which was not conducted by Moore, centered on the technical work Berg hoped to find repairing radio transmission towers for his company, Prometheus Methods Tower Service. Berg, 26 when he died, also talks about humanitarian work he did in Uganda and Kenya.

Berg's family is not as critical of Moore as some of you on this forum.

David Berg said Moore handled the situation with "dignity, respect and discipline."

"Michael Moore has really been a total class act with this whole thing," David Berg said. "He could have sold this to the media or stuck it in his movie."

Sara Berg said she saw the video footage as a "gift."

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, the guy obviously twists things to get his point across but the amount of sheer hatred aimed at him by certain people on this board really confuses me. That so much hatred could be aimed at a man who's never took a life or even anything remotely as bad as that, and yet can lick the arse of a president that has cost the lives of thousands. Truly bizarre.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
He's not using the footage so what line did he cross and how is it disgusting?

Why did the little pisher have to release to the press the fact he had the interview? Had he given the interview to the family and they chose to announce its existence, I would have had no problem. But to announce your "noble intentions" speaks volumes about your true motivation. Publicity.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Why did the little pisher have to release to the press the fact he had the interview? Had he given the interview to the family and they chose to announce its existence, I would have had no problem. But to announce your "noble intentions" speaks volumes about your true motivation. Publicity.

He probably mentioned it during an interview.
If you had footage of Nick Berg wouldn't you mention it?
It was a big story, everyone was talking about it.
When the dicussion of Nick Berg come up during an interview, why would he have kept it secret?

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join