It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the heck is Obama speaking about reducing spending?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
After what he did with the bailouts, he's now realizing that he can't keep on spending and spending... but now he's saying after all he did that he wants congress to reduce spending? I'm sorry... I don't really believe someone is for fiscal responsibility after they just spent a trillion dollars bailing out failing businesses and someone who wants a big bailout for health insurance companies. He keeps telling us what we want to hear and he does the exact opposite. Why should I believe him now that he's talking about fiscal responsibility? Can any Obama supporter tell me why I should believe him? Please?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why do you need others to convince you how to feel about Obama? It's clear that you don't trust him. I'm concerned you want to trust him but you can't and need to be convinced. Do you want to jump on the Obama is the messiah bandwagon but need help? Don't you trust your own feelings?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
sniff...sniff...

aw, election year it is. Imagine what Obama life would be like if the Dems lost a lot of seats in Congress. Don't you find it surprising he says it will start in 201?. Of course that wouldn't be till Oct 2011.

I personally favor a balance budget over a spending freeze. IMO, they will find a way to get around a spending freeze.

I still can't blame Obama for what he proposed. Something has to be done.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

I know where I stand. I just really can't trust this man. His Presidency has been marked by him saying one thing and doing another. Now he's talking about cutting spending when his own policies have helped cause even more spending (and yes I know about Bush's spending). I mean... a lot of what he says is a lie, and I want to trust him to cut the spending but I know that won't happen... but I mean, like really... I want someone to give me a good reason as to why I should believe that he means it as opposed to all the other times he's broken his promise.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I want the government to reduce spending myself too (by a lot!) I think it's outrageous what the government is doing. We're just throwing money everywhere and it has to stop. But why shouldn't I believe that Obama wont' find a way out of this now? What would make this time different?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
He wants to freeze spending on 16% of the budget lol!!!

We are already in debt... 16% is a drop in the bucket. IMO Obama is smoke and mirrors and has been since he has been in office. OP I think your right to not trust him.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

First of all, Obama can't. He can only provide guidance.

It is really up to Congress on which road we will take.

So far, they have been content with their spend and spend policy. But to be fair, do you think it is wise to reduce spending during a bad economy?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yes. Well, I don't really believe in deficit spending. I also don't believe that this government has the interest of the people in mind anyways. I don't think we should be spending all this money helping the people who got us in this mess in the first place. More government spending and more stimulus money will just make the market more and more dependent on the government, so, that's something I don't believe in, so I would think it would be wiser to keep a limit on how much the government spends.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Well you will be happy to know they raised the debt ceiling!! yay! Now they can spend more money!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Can any Obama supporter tell me why I should believe him? Please?

I'm not a supporter, for the record Hillary would have got my vote.

On the converse, he's a typical politician. He'll say what people want to hear.

His schedule now is that of a Shadow Rising Moon 'Mohammed'.
In 3 weeks, it'll be fixed; for one week, it is. Cycle

It's all Lunar, man, an..

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It must be a full moon or something but I do understand his thinking he overreacted and now he must make a bold statement to both sides to slow down. If this keeps up I am going to have to take my anti-Obama bumper sticker off. The simplest answer is usually the right one and this makes sense in a twisted way. They thought the sky was falling and when it did not fall all the way the decided to pull back.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Oh my gosh. It is because Obama babbles nonsense constantly. He is always attempting to baffle you with bull----. He says whatever you want to hear at the moment. He says ''we'll spend a lot to make things better'' and you're poor so you think that is a good idea until you realize oh lordy the whole country is in mega-debt and he says ''we'll reduce spending to make things better'' and you think praise the lord he is the savior. Then he says ''let's spend some more so I can get re-elected'' and you think it is cool to vote for him and then he says ''I'll make crummy laws to irritate you uh I mean I'll stick it to the rich'' and you think that is wonderful until you begin to understand that you've been had for a sucker and then he says ''trust me and together we'll change the world one more time'' and you think you like what he says and he laughs and laughs and laughs and polishes his hammer and sickle until somebody invents the cellular sickle cell accelerator and calls him and sends mysterious tones across the void and into his brain pan where they reverberate insidiously until their job is completed.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Only thing is, he hasn't fixed anything.

The automobile crisis was price gauging.
The banking crisis was wasteful spending by the consumer, esp. quick fixes.
The health issue was unfortunately due to illness and injuries caused by risky behaviours.

To fix these issues, you need the following Bills passed by the Current Congress:

1) 'You CAN buy your health'
2) 'Taxes will be reimbersible, and submisible to the needy, on a need to kno base'
3) 'Maintenence is key, not bragging the newer set, you cain't afford it?'

Please, don't correct my spelling, it's Punish at the B.E. slander of King Henry's Tax reform of the Reformist Party.
That's what the new Admin. reminds me of.

You can't fix what is broken, so don't try...

new topics

top topics

join