It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Nassim Haramein make any sense? Confused?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Does Nassim Haramein make any sense?? I have read something’s but am confused. I cannot watch videos as I have dial-up. Is this real physics, or just pseudoscience?? Also he talks about Nibiru going across the sun, and starts talking about us evolving in 2012. This is what makes me think he’s not actually the real deal. What are your guys take on this?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm sure there's haters but I think he's a genius. Last year he had a very important physics paper accepted by his peers and published.

His concern is his unified field theory, which seeks to tie everything, I mean everything together. He really has a knack for speaking in layman's terms but at the same time putting traditional physics on it's side...

Dial-up is killing you, but you already know that.

His Website, The Resonance Project Here - You can order DVDs too

Good luck on your journey!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I can follow half of what he talks about, but the other half IMO is subjective opinion and simple conjecture.

Also sometimes I honestly feel he does not make much sense. And I am extremely open minded.

He is a nice guy, but like the rest of us, he is not perfect and not all of his ideas are correct.

Hey no one is perfect.

But like everyone else, he has pieces of the puzzle to share with the rest of us.

So I am 50% pro 50% con with him.

Hope that helps you some.

Just remember take things with a grain of salt, and check them out yourself, if you doubt something try to verify it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks, I think I will purchase his dvd, but one thing bothers me. Nibru... He said it passed and was 2 times the size of Jupiter..But NASA hushed it not to cause panic? Wouldn’t any amateur astronomers call it in??

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Like above poster said, there are some areas which can, at first, sound a little out there. Watch some of his stuff, do the research, and make your own judgments. There's enough genius in there to make it worth the listen.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm not impressed with him, but that's just me.

skeptic.danielalderman.com...

The comet that he’s referring to is well known to NASA and SOHO. They weren’t hiding it. It was interesting and they reported it all over the place, as did the ESA. SOHO, the organization from which Haramein got his images, made a bunch of reports on the comet, which had been tagged in November of 2002. It was named: C/2002 V1 (NEAT).

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If one has done the proper research, and has the proper understanding(s)...

The man makes near perfect sense. ( at least when it comes to physics)

Therefore i feel that most other things he talks about.. he also has a pretty good grasp on.

as esoteric, and "new age" , and "out there" much of it still is to many people...
He is "closer " than any other humans have been for some time. or so I feel. lol

I am also , all for supporting the cause, and buying things to support certaain people in important areas..

but if one cannot afford said materials,
one can download them, as a torrent. (full presentation).
and its very very good. (free knowledge is good also)

The man does know what hes talking about.
Much more so than most "scholars" in said fields. lol
and he is not afraid to discuss and explore fields that other scientists fear talking about or openly exploring,
for "it may ruin their reputation" lol

scientists today could learn allot from him.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Ahmose]

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yeah I agree. I like a lot of his theories, but when he gets into talking about Sun Gods using the sun as a portal just got me thinking he’s a fake. Hasn’t it been proven the sun is made from nuclear fusion, well generates energy from nuclear fusion? Also what aliens would build a great society on earth, then leave?? Makes no sense what so ever.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
He gets it very wrrong when he starts conflating the spiritual with the physical. The infinite beingness that mystics experience in meditation is not the infinite energy at the substratum of the physical universe, it is conscousness that they experience.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How do you know this??? That it is not infinite energy at the substratum of the physical universe? You seem so certain.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Wow, I'm pretty sure he believes in oneness... so the infinite energy at the substratum of the physical universe IS consciousness, for there is nothing else.

Nassim is a genius onto the frontier physics scene, I have written a couple philosophical papers on his theories.

He speculates on the structure/ratio of the quantum vacuum density fluctuations with regard to a unified field of fractal nature. Frame of reference is what links finite/infinite systems... aka we are the frame of reference. Frame of reference is what reconciles seemingly exclusive concepts of infinity, and finite.

Here is a 4 min. vid summarizing his paper, if you can manage OP.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Yeah I agree. I like a lot of his theories, but when he gets into talking about Sun Gods using the sun as a portal just got me thinking he’s a fake. Hasn’t it been proven the sun is made from nuclear fusion, well generates energy from nuclear fusion? Also what aliens would build a great society on earth, then leave?? Makes no sense what so ever.

Right, that goes back to what i said about him "exploring" areas which most other scientists would laugh off, or fear even mentioning.

Just because he brings up other ideas, that seem "out there" to many,
(like sun gods, aliens, etc) , its not like he is pulling those ideas from thin air,
no, they are very old, very ancient ideas/stories/etc.

His mind is just open enough to not immediately throw things out that sound too fascinating to be real.

I mean, really... everything we have ever learned about the Sun/Sol, has been from the hands of a few men,
How do really know what is and what is not possible?

and how can we know what, or what not something is, or what something can do, If weve never had direct experience with it?

you say.. "makes no sense whatsoever" , to seed a planet with life and then leave it...

makes no sense to whom? to you?

but that doesnt mean it does not make sense to others.
only that you cannot come up with a reason for such thing.

myself, I know, and many others i know, could and have come up with other reasons why a race would do such thing...
there are/could be, many reasons for giving a planet life, and not sticking around continuously.

Just have to let your mind wander through all the possible, logical, and sometimes even "illogical" ideas about something so vast.

the possibilities really are endless,....

and the truth, truly is , soo much stranger than fiction.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I agree with you, I thought over what I said about seeding, and it does seem very likely, but I just wonder why would aliens come down to help us, then leave...That’s not very thoughtful oft them. Also there are more then just a few men studying the sun. Don’t forget there are tons of space agencies all over the world producing the same results, not just NASA.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

I know this because it it is obvious that the quantitative phenomena of energy is not the same as the qualitative experience of the oness of mystics. Haramein is dealing with the physical, not the metaphysical and thus cannot say anything about the metaphysical. Studying the physical will only tell you about the physical not the metaphysical.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

I mean I totally see your point, but Haramein is almost a mystic himself. Have you watched his long seminar on youtube?

And are you familiar with Terence Mckenna?

Perhaps the mystical experience is allowing the psyche to experience/visualize the underlying structure of reality - in this case a fractal infinity of love/light.

Quantum Mechanics has blurred the line between experience and reality. A mystical experience does not need to be separate from the 'physical' world.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

It is important not to overstate the significance of QM in proving the metaphysical. It certainly provides evidence of it, but it does not prove it. It is still debatable in philosophy of science whether QM is proof of the existence of a metaphysical universe. There are just as strong interpretations that it is not.

We are talking about two different matters when we talk about the perfect underlying order of the physical universe and love and light. If we start to equate love with a set of physical equations, we strip love of the quality that makes love what it is. I cannot look at an equation on a piece of paper and say "love" because love is not something that can be analysed, it has to be experienced. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

To talk about beingness as an analytical thing is a contradiction of beingness. It is like trying to count the the sand in your clenched first. This is why the mystics of yore describe the beingness as inndescribable, the one that cannot be named. It cannot become an object of your perception because this beingness is what underlies your perception itself. In other words nothing that you can make an object of your perception or thought is that beingness. So it is futile trying to look for beingness in the empirical world. Rather, you are that being and rather than looking for it in object or concepts, you realise that being through experience of being.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I guess I just plainly disagree with your interpretation on this issue.

We have a word to describe the indescribable, and that word/concept is Oneness or God, etc.

At our frame of reference, it is merely a convenient term to describe whatever infinite possibilities exist in the infinite possibilities of one.

Quantum Mechanics embodies the spiritual anomaly of rational science. Quantum Vacuum Density Fluctuations do not fit into the idea of separate, fundamental pieces of our reality as was the goal of the reductionist movement.

I simply come to the conclusion that if all is one then there can be no separation between 'physical' and 'metaphysical'. because that would be two.

We are talking about two different matters when we talk about the perfect underlying order of the physical universe and love and light.

See, I just plain disagree on the principle of Oneness.

If we start to equate love with a set of physical equations, we strip love of the quality that makes love what it is. I cannot look at an equation on a piece of paper and say "love" because love is not something that can be analysed, it has to be experienced.

Love is subject, again, to the frame of reference of the experience. Of course we cannot translate Love into an equation, because everyone has their own definition of love.

This is the same for everything in human consciousness. It is internal, not external.

Think about this:

The psychedelic experience results in two things:

1. Incredibly emotional feelings - a 'cosmic love'

2. Intense 'experiences' of geometry

Geometry is the perfect underlying order of the physical universe. Love is experienced at the SAME time as the experiences of geometry.

I'm just saying....

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

We have a word to describe the indescribable, and that word/concept is Oneness or God, etc.

Those words themselves are indescribable. What is god? What is oneness? What is being? All that these words create is an infinite regress of definitions that we have abstracted. The finer point here is that for you to describe anything, it has to become an object of your perception or thought. I can describe an orange because it is an object of my perception. However, can you describe that of which you are an object of perception? No, because it is not an object of your perception. It is outside of your world. The observer cannot become the observed themselves.

Just before an act of perception takes place an interaction has taken place between you the subject and the object which you cannot observe itself. This means none of the objects of your perception can describe what the true nature of anything is, because it lies outside of your world. It is transcendent, free and outside of space and time. At best all you can do is try to understand what that transcendent being is by abstracting from objects in your world, but that would never reveal the being to you, it would simply give you another concept. Hence, clearly no amount of analysis of the objects in the world or concepts will ever tell you what being is. Instead, you have to experience being, because you are being.

The trouble with "mystics" like Haramein is that they confuse the finger pointing at the moon for the moon. The mystic is not experiencing some perfect geometry at the substratum of the universe, they are experiencing consciousness, life, spirit. It is not the same as an abstract mathematical equation.

Quantum physics merely is the gateway from this physical world to the next. The vacuum fluctuations you are talking about are indicating a world more subtle than the physical, but that does not mean it is indicating the the end of reality. How do you know that there aren't even more levels of reality much deeper than our instruments can measure? In fact, I will tell you there are. Once you reach the physical barrier you enter the etheric, then the astral, then the mental, then the causal, then the spiritual and finally the absolutem, pure spirit. You then realise that all of reality is emanating from the pure spirit not from some physical stuff. The physical is merely the emanation. In the same way the radiance of the sun is an emanation from the sun.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
He is a genius, no doubt.

As a whole, many of his theories are genius and will prove to be true. Just the other day some other peer reviewed physicists were claiming that EVERYTHING is a black hole, even atoms (which explains the electron cloud probabilities, as well as removing the need for a "strong and weak force", leaving them to only electromagnetism and gravity).

The only really false information I was able to detect is that he claims "If you read the Quran, it will talk about the black stone". But this is a bold face lie, and he knows it. The black stone at the kab'ba is never once mentioned in the Quran, but he lies about it to try to tie it into his aliens theory, which is pretty well biased by his atheist beliefs.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
But he Belives in Life after death..?? lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join