It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genealogists Say Obama, Sen.-Elect Brown Related

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It was bad enough that President Obama lost his filibuster-proof margin in the U.S. Senate to a Republican. Now it turns out he also lost it to a relative.

Genealogists said Friday the Democratic president and the newly elected Massachusetts senator, Scott Brown, are 10th cousins. The New England Historic Genealogical Society said Obama's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, and Brown's mother, Judith Ann Rugg, both descend from Richard Singletary of Haverhill, Mass. He died in 1687 at, for the time, the unusually old age of 102.

"I think it's a really interesting thing, where you have the separation between a Democrat and a Republican, but you have one link," said David Allen Lambert, the society genealogist who co-discovered the connection with colleague Chris Child.

Source added: www.foxnews.com...

This was the most interesting thing I have read all day, even if it was posted on faux news.

Hmmm you know what? I smell a setup somewhere along the line.

I think you can bend this one in any way you want. I don't know what this could bring, but I don't like that they are related.

EDIT: Added source.

[edit on 1/29/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I am pretty sure if you go back that far in time, you could find out that you are a 10th cousin to somebody on the other side of the world that looks completely different than you and has completely different ideals.

How many of your 10th cousins do you know?

But I do think it is weird that all of are leaders seem to be from or near the same gene pool. I don't know what to make of it, but if they're saying they're only related as 10th cousins, I wouldn't make much of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I have the right to ask such questions. Cheny/Obama are related, and Obama is continuing the bush policies. Bush is also a distant cousin to the queen. you don't find this odd at all?

this is an oligarchy... wouldn't you want to know if the people in power are related or not? wouldn't it tear down the left/right paradigm even more? they set the illusion of right/left, but behind closed doors they agree.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Not just leaders...nearly anyone that has had family here since 1500-1800s can be traced back to someone.

I myself am a Son of the Mayflower, being a direct descendant of John Alden and Pricilla Mullins.

That alone branches off to me being a distant cousin to John Adams. You see, just because our leaders are from the same gene pool, doesn't exclude the general populace from that very same gene pool.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
why cant people understand its a big deal not cause theyre related but because they are related and in positions of power... thats what the messed up thing about it is whether they are 15th cousins or brothers... there may or may not be somethign to it but the public will never know and thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

you don't find this odd at all?

I agreed, I said it was werid. But 10th cousins is pretty out there. I don't even know who my cousin's cousins are.

We are all related and probably closer than you would think.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I find it interesting that Fox news has just released more information about BamaRed's mother than BamaRed has released himself. So now, BamaRed is cousin to Dick Cheney and Scott Brown both.

Like I said....Interesting.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

When you think about it everyone is related. We're all a part of the human species. We're all related genetically some way or another.

top topics

join