It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: A Corporation is running for Congress!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What has our country become?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by marg6043

You know that for a while we here in ATS has been preaching the consequences of globalism and the sell out of our nation, but as usual all is been ignored by those that back capitalism, free Enterprise, well this is what unrestricted capitalism does to a nation when corruption at the government level is taken away what rightfully belongs to the tax payer and the citizens of the nation.

Sad...but absolutely true. Blinded hypocrites aplenty on ATS.

Murray Hill, Billy Blankes and Hunter Rogerson are liberal shills

D, has FOX launched a explain campaign?

OH ya, looks like you are back with this one

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain Reynolds

Our country has become a place where people do not read the case history the arguments or the decision before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well, looky here. Seems the old endisnighe needed to do the business of actually doing some research behind the people that set this up.

No need to thank me David, I am sure you are happy the connections I have made.

It seems this corporations is incorporated in Maryland and yes, both officers work in the business of PR and marketing. This particular corporation has been around since 2006.

Information acquired from here-Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation

Now, if one does a search for Patrick Mancino, a former assistant to Mary Rose Oaker, one of the officers we find some quite interesting things such as-

The affiliation with none other than-

* President of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee

Mary Rose Oakar is the president of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, an organization that calls itself a non-religious advocacy group for Arabs, though it supports Islamic radicalism. Ms. Oakar held office as a United States Congresswoman from 1977-1993, and she was a member of the Ohio State House of Representatives from 2000-2002. In February 1995, Oakar was charged with seven federal felonies related to financial disclosure irregularities.

Also Patrick Mancino is-

Patrick Mancino
Vice President at NCUSAR-National Council on US and Arab Relations
Washington D.C. Metro Area

Now, for the stuff I found on Eric Hensal-

Well, it seems he is a campaign manager-link to story-

Complaint alleges Navarro violated campaign finance law

So, what we have here is some connected Democrat operatives making anything conservative look bad.

I did read a snippet that Eric said, we need to start to speak to the masses not just the enlightened. Am I barking up the wrong tree or?

[edit on 1/31/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thank you very much endisnighe for doing what needed to be done in regards to this political joke. Having seen this thread and reading through it I wanted to do what you had done myself, but just didn't have the time to do so. That this stunt is nothing more than a public relations ploy intended to further distract from the truth and inflate and inflame the reactionary response to a legal ruling based upon reason, case law and the Constitution, was never in doubt.

Sadly, it will more than likely fall upon deaf ears and be read by those too blinded by their own emotions to understand that it is Congress who screwed up and wrote legislation that may have been intended to do good, but whatever the intent, it was legislation that defied the 1st Amendment and as such left the Supreme Court no other choice but to rule in the way they did.

That their ruling was a 5-4 decision and that the dissent showed little regard for the clear language of the 1st Amendment is perhaps the most frightening aspect of all. That Congress still has options and can do much to work with this ruling and still reign in corporate malfeasance should not be in doubt, but is, not because all presumed to know the law do, but because most presumed to know the law don't...or simply just don't care about law, and would rather engage in emotional outbursts and temper tantrums and laud the Tomfoolery and shenanigans of childish pranksters.

Thank you again for not just taking the time to do the research, but making the effort yourself to do what has always been presumed of you, to know the law.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Good research there endo. I've done some of my own. What is your take on this?

According to Wikipedia

Murray Hill may refer to one of the following places:

* Murray Hill, Kentucky, a small city in Kentucky
* Murray Hill, Manhattan, a neighborhood in the borough of Manhattan in New York City
* Murray Hill, Queens, a neighborhood in the borough of Queens in New York City
* Murray Hill, New Jersey, an unincorporated area within New Providence, New Jersey and Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
* Murray Hill (Delhi, New York), listed on NRHP
* Murray Hill, Pennsylvania
* Murray Hill, Christmas Island, the highest point on Christmas Island
* Murray Hill, Cleveland, a part of Little Italy, Cleveland
* Murray Hill, Jacksonville

It may also refer to

* Murray Hill (performer), New York–based drag king
* Murray Hill (play), a 1927 Broadway play written by and starring Leslie Howard

So:

1. Murray Hill Kentucky is in Jefferson County, they must be a stronghold of strict Jefersonian Consitutional constructionism. I notice that 1.3 % of the population is of mixed race and 0.6% is 'other races'. Is it just cooincidence that 1.9% of the population is below the poverty line?
  2. Murray Hill, Manhattan is nicknamed Curry Hill because of its large number of Indian restaurants, and is home to Oxford University Press. Enough said.
  3. Murray Hill, Queens, is a small neighborhood in Flushing. What can be said about a place called Flushing Queens? sheesh! Notice that its main railway station is called Port WASHINGTON.
  4. Murray Hill, New Jersey is home to the former Bell Labs, and took its name from the original home of Bell Labs, Murray Hill Manhattan. It is also home to the Linde Group, formerly B.O.C. Gasses the largest manufacturer of fart gas in the world.
  5. Murray Hill (Delhi, New York), appears to be an historic building of some sort in Delhi, New York. Another link to India. Coincidence?
  6. Murray Hill, Pennsylvania doesn't appear to exist. Could it be a code for the plane crash on 9/11 that doesn't exist?
  7. Murray Hill, Christmas Island. What does Australia have to do with this? Christmas Island is home to Australia's largest illegal immigration detention center. Could it be code for Homeland Security's concentration camps?

Edit: many of the detainees are Sri Lankan Tamils, whose ancestral homeland is of course Tamil Nadu in India. India again!

8. Murray Hill, Cleveland. Is this a reference to the Indians again? But its a part of Little Italy, so more likely its a double code that serves to show the alliance between the Indians and the Italians. Hmmm, let's see. Australia lost Prime Minister Harold Holt in the '60's to a supposed accidental drowning but we know it was really a Chinese submarine. The USA lost President Kennedy in the '60's, some say to a Mafia Hit man. So, India, China, Italy. Or maybe India is itself code for Asians in general, or even a deflection from China. Has the Mafia joined forces with the Asians to take over the country?
  9. Murray Hill, Jacksonville. And now the Cubans. This is a HUGE conspiracy.
  10. Murray Hill (performer), New York–based drag king. Oh dear god, the queers are in on it too.
  11. Murray Hill (play), I suspect that this play is the secret code book for the conspiracy, but I can't find a reference to it anywhere. If it could be found, we would probably find the template for the plot. I am sure this has been suppressed by the CIA/Mafia/Queers/Hollywood/Bollywood/Illuminatti/Laundry operators/MI6.

The script for that play must exist somewhere, the CIA has proven completely incompetent on keeping secrets before now. The amazing thing is how long its been kept a secret.

But I guess if it is being run by Oxford University they have the best and brightest secret service operatives. Look how clever they were to have Philby, MacLean, and Burgess go to Cambridge so they wouldn't draw attention to Oxford. Sheer Genius!

[edit on 31/1/2010 by rnaa]

[edit on 31/1/2010 by rnaa]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

And exactly what does your comment have to do with anything?

The connections I found on line are there for you to follow. If you have something to say, say it.

Do not be afraid, I do not bite. As the old analogy of the rottweiler says, I take chunks.

Let it out, you can do it. Either disprove the connections I found to the Democrat machine, or keep the voluminous mouth closed.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Thanks for pointing out the completely obvious.

I suppose I shouldn't put it like that, I'm a liberal, I can see a liberal joke a mile and a half away.

Maybe you should read more thinkprogress.org

Corporation Runs For Maryland Congressional Seat To Protest SCOTUS Campaign Finance Decision

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

"We bought it. We paid for it*. And we're going to keep it."

BRILLIANT overview.

Thanks for this. S&F, of course.

...Under law, corporations:
1. Are persons, with the rights and liberties of individuals;
2. Can negotiate directly with governments, as equals;
3. Have NO responsibilities or obligations, except "to profit" and maximize profits; and
4. Can run for political positions.

So corporations are bigger and better than individual citizens, and have so, so much more power.

What a world we have created...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Thanks for pointing out the completely obvious.

I suppose I shouldn't put it like that, I'm a liberal, I can see a liberal joke a mile and a half away.

Maybe you should read more thinkprogress.org

Corporation Runs For Maryland Congressional Seat To Protest SCOTUS Campaign Finance Decision

If you'll take a look at the post directly above mine you will better understand why endisnighe felt compelled to point out "the completely obvious".

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by rnaa

And exactly what does your comment have to do with anything?

I thought it was obvious that it was about Murray Hill. Did you miss that somehow?

The connections I found on line are there for you to follow. If you have something to say, say it.

My connections are there too. I did say it.

Do not be afraid, I do not bite. As the old analogy of the rottweiler says, I take chunks.

As Confucius says: Woman who fly upside down have hairy crack up. But maybe that is a little old fashion.

Let it out, you can do it. Either disprove the connections I found to the Democrat machine, or keep the voluminous mouth closed.

Why would I do either?

Do you have problems with the connections I found, can you disprove them? I thought my research was in the best traditions of ATS. But maybe I overestimated your intelligence at understanding the concepts that are explained to you in black and light gray (or dark gray and light gray depending on which gray shade scheme you are using.

Maybe this video will explain it better than my words.

And here is one of the conspiracy's training camp videos. Emphasis on the camp.

Warning! not for the faint of heart. It is worse than those Al Qaida training videos.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I'm not a legal scholar or anything, but yeah, I think this was made legal only last week by the Supreme Court.

This is fascism, people. Make no mistake.

Far from it.

Since real currency has been ruled to be exactly the same as virtual currency, this kind of move to allow corporations as people is only to effectuate the currency.

This surely isn't some last minute drop of a ball game. It's been thought out for awhile. The measures just finally got weight to allow it.

Hard-core republicans should be happy about such a move.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The absence of insurgency in America these days, under such a fascistic corporate takeover pretty much means that they, the rich elite, are winning. They've used their straw mens that corporate entities are to funnel trillions from the people's pockets, and now they use it even further... to buy themselves one of the most powerful government in the world, after they bankrupted it through the bailouts and astronomic military spending over the last 10 years.

Pretty much looks like the only way people can win is to make their own corporations, to defend themselves and funnel money to finance their projects. I tend to think that armed rebellion would be a solution, but just who's really willing to do it? Adie from that, I don't see any other options for defending our rights to live the way we want, and to just stay alive, before they eventually take it all away.

[edit on 31/1/10 by Echtelion]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is an amazing thread.. I appreciate you bringing this topic to our attention. It is wonderful to see people looking for answers.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Doesn't really matter who owns Murray Hill, Inc., does it? Or what party they belong to.

Fact is, the law defines corporations as "persons," and gives them the same rights and liberties that individuals have. Including the right to run for office.

THE LAW IS THE LAW - no matter how ridiculous, or where it might take us.

If you don't like it, change the law.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
THE LAW IS THE LAW - no matter how ridiculous, or where it might take us.

If you don't like it, change the law.

That sort of attitude almost got Wesley Crusher executed for flower mushing! It's a good thing Commander Riker could see beyond justice being as simple as a rule book. The alien overlords of the planet agreed and spared the boy's life by allowing his transport to the safety of the Enterprise.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Letting corporations hold office in Washington would seem to streamline the whole influence-peddling racket. Best of all, once they got into office they could eliminate their lobbying budget, helping their bottom line - and if you believe in trickle-down economics, then that's all the better for us mere plebeians, right?

Corporations were never intended by the framers of the constitution to be treated as living, breathing citizens. It took a twisted decision by an earlier court to grant them "personhood", but at least their influence-peddling was tempered by the FEC. Not anymore - let the mind-bending amounts of money pour in. Lobbying, influence-peddling, unlimited-campaign contributions and lies sold as the gospel truth are here to stay, courtesy of our "conservative" court. I think we've seen the last of our "fair" elections.

(and by "fair", I mean "If you think it's been bad in the past, baby you ain't seen nothin' yet.")

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Blackmarketeer]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Is that even legal? This is highly questionable.

For starters, since the company is only 5 years old, it isn't eligible for any public office that I know of (except like I said above, nursery school milk monitor - and I think that's an appointed office anyway).

People are getting their panties in a knot over a joke intended to publicize the very idiocy that they are complaining about.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Would a corporation be eligiable to hold multiple public offices at the same time or just one?

If one incorporporates out of state, such as Delaware or Nevada, would one be able to hold offices in different states?

For example, a Delaware corporation could hold a senate seat in Oregon and Texas at the same time while maintaining a phyical presense in D.C. and another physical location in New York with a vacation presence in Hawaii.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The fact is:

the SCOTUS upheld and expanded corporations' rights as "persons" by this ruling - very specifically, their Right to Freedom of Speech.

WHAT'S NEXT?...

Right now, media corporations are fighting to control the Internet, and for the right to control and filter content - to maximize profits. The FCC is leaning towards protecting Net Neutrality, and Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press on the Web for all.

If media corporations win the right to control the Internet to maximize profits, we could sue against censorship on the grounds that extreme filtering is NOT necessary to protect profits.

BUT - given that the SCOTUS already acknowledged corporations' Right to Freedom of Speech under this ruling, corporations will have HUGE powers under law. Their legal argument for censorship will be that a) they must protect profits; and b) they have a Right to do what they want because they have a personal Right to Freedom of Speech, and a personal Right to Freedom of the Press - and thus, a Right to impose their views and limitations on users who "choose" to access their service.

- sofi

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join