It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: A Corporation is running for Congress!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
"Remember the excitement for Obama when he was campaigning. People thought he was going to pay their rent for God's sake. Corporate money can't buy that kind of following."

Bwahahaha. You've got to be kidding. Where do you think Obama got a half billion from? My man outrasied johhny mac 3:1 on wall street (the masters of embezzelment), turned off the credit card verification system for donations on his webiste (the teenagers in Gaza running a phone bank for Palistineans to contribute to the Obama campaign). How much do you think George Soros gave him? $100 million? The Obama grassroots were a corporate media myth. Yea the progressives were all amped up, but thats only 20% of the population max. Not to mention the massive in-kind donations from the NYT Corporation, Washington Post Corporation, CBS Corp, ABC Corp, General Electric (NBC), et al. Obama is the quintessential corporate candidate.

That should be a huge clue why he doesn't like this decision, because it erodes his edge with the "permitted" corporations.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by abefrohman.

There are plenty of safeguards to keep a corporation from running for office, the simples being the old definition of citizen argument.

Those "safeguards" that you're speaking of are the exact policies that are being revised by the Supreme Court to allow corporations to buy and sell our politicians like cattle.

Secondly, if there are any remaining "safeguards" that would prevent Corporations from attaining complete control over our politics, I would suspect that the same people who sold us up the river the first time around (The Supreme Court) could unanimously vote us up the river twice.

You have a happy way of viewing things and I suppose that is good, but in this case, you're being entirely too trusting and underestimating our government's motivation to attain wealth.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wow. If this happens, and things get worse from here, and the average Joe isn't ready to go DO something about it, I'm just gonna leave the world behind. Why help a person or people who obviously don't wanna lift their lazy behinds to help themselves? Why should I sacrafice my happiness, success, well-being, and future for the equal well being of all other souls on earth when they SIT by and let these things happen? This IS a joke, but you know what, they just MIGHT pull it off. If they do, I'm DONE. I'm packing my bags, gathering all my # (water, food, supplies, guns/ammo) and I'm hitting the WILD. Wanna join a community based on love and equal treatment? Where we can build a safe, free, equal community of Love and Peace. U2U me. Everybody would rather be enslaved and comfortable than FREE and have to work hard.

Thanks and best of luck to you and everybody else.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Guys, this is clearly a joke. If you watch the video you'll pick up on it. Very tongue-in-cheek.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It was only a matter of time, and now that the nine Supreme idiots have given Corporations Constitutional rights, the final swirl down the toilet has begun. I suppose this means that Corporations can now vote in elections as well...

So now my decision is whether to expatriate myself to New Zealand or to Australia...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I said it before and people laughed, but I'll say it again.

ALL wars now are fought for McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Exxon Mobile, etc.

The corporations have been and still are funding ALL wars.

It's not about freedom. It's about setting up a McDonalds down the street to poison the people with fast food and unhealthy steroid infected beef.

It was not long ago when Wendy's was proved to use silicone instead of their mozzarella cheese.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I have to wonder if that video is a joke considering the video editing capability nowadays.

It's like this O.N.N. video.

That's Onion News Network.

Are We Giving Robots Too Much Power?

No offense to the original poster, but is the original video from the original post, real, or just an elaborate hoax, and no one's caught it yet?

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'm sure it's running as a Democrat.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Loadmaster

I also seemed to pick it up the theme of the article as satire, however do a google search for Murray Hill and it is being reported all over the place eg. CongressMatters.com

This is so surreal but I guess it is a natural result of your Supreme Court's decision.
Sitting here in Africa - we have a history of screwed up governments, but I actually feel sorry for you guys. What is happening to the USA?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Can this be real?

It sure seems to me as a bad joke. How could something like this be possible!?

What next? Computer AI is recognized as a real person and granted the same rights?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
reply to post by Loadmaster

I also seemed to pick it up the theme of the article as satire, however do a google search for Murray Hill and it is being reported all over the place eg. CongressMatters.com

This is so surreal but I guess it is a natural result of your Supreme Court's decision.
Sitting here in Africa - we have a history of screwed up governments, but I actually feel sorry for you guys. What is happening to the USA?

Actually, your post and the website you provided just proved my point.

The website you linked is a blog site meaning the "Congress Matters" site is an elaborate hoax, which could be the originator, or what I suspect in the original poster's video, supplied by YouTube, as a hoax.

Think about the original video and the fact that it is so generic.

If it hit the Mainstream Media it would be ballistic and then prove the Internet as a place where only rumors, hoaxs, and elaborate lies are created.

Destroying our First Amendment Rights here in America if it were created here.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
LOL this has to be a hoax.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I think this might be just what our elected leaders are looking for.

Zero accountability

[edit on 30-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Fantastic court system in the USA to let this slip through, but the corporations have been in the back pocket of the American political system since day one. Anyhow its still upto the people to vote them in last time i checked.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This reminds myself of another city:
City of London 'Corporation'......only 'this' city is more likely the true owner of the former.

The common laws of England do not apply to this city state, just as common laws do not 'apply' to other 'sovereign' city states of the world.

If one desires to know how the world is really run and where these power sources lye, one would need to start 'here': Sovereign City States.

It will soon be time to re-structure world society for the benefit of 'all' concerned.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The every day American reads the headline: Supreme Court for Free Speech in Elections!

We read: Supreme Court Sells Out Entire Country.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If any of these corporations have shareholders there'll be a heck of a lot of birth certificates to check ...

We're gonna need more server space ... also Jim Beam.

[edit on 30 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I always love the part where the group of so called people that care get on and say they will move out to another country but never actually do... lol. Its quite funny I actually hold myself to one of em and if they do leave I reward myself with a shot of Absolute... but to no avail the posts always show and the location never changes.

More proof that people in America are without absolution or a clue.

We the sheeple right? that's the term? ... meh

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Halliburton serving two terms as president has set a dangerous precedent I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
It was not long ago when Wendy's was proved to use silicone instead of their mozzarella cheese.

Actually, I believe it was Pizza Hut 'cheese.' Which some people attempted to debunk... But point taken.

Chrono

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join