It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crisis coming - "Fatal" eurozone crisis triggered by Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
SO the financial crisis is not yet over. And Europe could be suffering once again.
When Greece defaults, then it will be countries like Spain, UK and so dont be surpirsed if this reached the United States also and so US in in trouble too.

So someone is targeting with not so good motives the entire European markets. It is not time to celebrate definitely in Europe and hope this crisis does not spread and that US also takes steps so that it is not affected.

Germany has triggered a near-panic flight from southern European debt markets by warning that there will be no EU bail-outs, even though it fears the region's economic crisis has turned dangerous and could prove "fatal" for the entire eurozone

George Papandreou, the Greek premier, said in Davos that his country had been singled out as the weak link in a "attack on the eurozone" by speculators and political foes. "We are being targeted, particularly by those with an ulterior motive."

Marc Ostwald, from Monument Securities, said the botched bond issue of €8bn (£6.9bn) of Greek debt earlier this week has made matters worse. Many of the investors were "hot money" funds that bought on rumours that China was emerging as a buyer, offering them a chance for quick profit. When the China story was denied by Beijing and Athens, these funds rushed for the exit.

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I do hope the Eurozone suffers. I want some countries to drop the Euro so as to discourage other dreams of unifying currencies in other regions of the world.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I do hope the Eurozone suffers. I want some countries to drop the Euro so as to discourage other dreams of unifying currencies in other regions of the world

If the Euro suffers then the dollar is going to suffer too. With the financial markets so connected to each other, one strong currency is likely to affect another.

And what is wrong with currencies being unified?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Currencies don't drop all at the same time. They weaken/strengthen relative to another.

Unified currencies pave the way for singular governments.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

It would be good if there was an anti-NWO group working behind the scenes to disrupt their goal of global government. If the EU was disbanded it would be a huge blow to the NWO. A bit of economic pain now is preferable to future global enslavement and the nations of Europe will likely come out of this stronger after a few years of economic pain.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I don't think there is any conspiracy here. To the extent that there was a conspiracy it was in the formulation of the EU in the first place which was simply a mechanism to enable the creation of a trading zone to compete with the US post NAFTA.

The entire construct was doomed from the start. The initial founding principals which included econometric measures such as debt/GDP were never achieved by Greece, Italy, Portugal or Spain. If you recall at the time the whole drama was those countrys complaining to Brussels that those economic goals were simply impossible. The EU lowered the standards, then again and then once again and admitted those states on essentially an honor system that they would get their economic houses in order. They never did.

Greece is a great place. I spent a month in Greece last year. The problem with Greece is that it is not a modern economy. The Greeks simply are not interested. Now you can argue this anyway you want, but the Greeks don't want to pretend to be Germans or the Swiss. Having been to all three countries, I think the Greeks are the smart ones.

Bottom-line is that being in the EU is great for these southern European countries. They essentially get an inflated currency. Greece represents such a small portion of the GDP of the EU the Euro is hardly impacted by a failed state in Greece. What's happening now is that the economically strong countries of Europe are sick of the welfare state that is the EU.

Greece is already a failed state in many cases as is Spain. The EU, the farce that it is will remain a farce because should they kick any of these countries out of the EU it would be chaos and the refugee situation would be significant. Further, the free flow of people within the EU has created a situation where there are far more Greeks in France than there would have been absent the EU hence France will have domestic problems with Greeks living in France as would all of the other EU member states.

Face it - the EU was and is an artificial entity. Made to create a "super-state" which never really existed.

The Euro will take a hit and then a slow decline. TPTB in Europe will rue the day they pushed the creation of the EU, except for when they go to their vacation place on one of the Greek islands which prior to Greece's inclusion in the EU they would have been unable to buy. A notable fact is that the place in the EU with the fastest growing real estate market is a tiny town in Plaka, Crete. Greek's are not building those houses. Folks from other EU countries are. I guess thats the price they will be paying for essentially buying a country and turning it into their little get away

top topics

join