It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going to Try the Ouija Board, any Tips, Tricks, or Suggestions?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
I could say it in 1 word

DON'T
edit on 23-10-2010 by DutchBigBoy because: oops forgot a word

Follow your heart
Not your Idols

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Prepare to be tormented by whatever you manage to contact.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
if you are asking the spirit about something you are thinking about don't use anything that is related to anything in the room you are in. (i know i worded that weird, i'm sorry) i was playing around with one of these once with my friends and one of them were asking questions about things she was thinking about and i was moving the triangle thing to scare her. she asked what band am i think about and i spelled out nsync because there was a poster, what color and i spelled out purple because of her lava lamp, things like that. i'm not sure how i know what things she was thinking about considering she was a teenage girl and the walls in her room were full of posters and pictures but somehow i did and it scared her. maybe i was used as the middle man with the spirit, but i do know your friends can trick you into believeing what isn't real, so be careful.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TacticalVeritas

I'm also curious as to the use of a ouija board. I have a question though, what if you aren't trying to contact a specific spirit, what if you're just..curious?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I dont think dabbling in this kind of thing is wise because it will lead but to disapointment no matter what kind of results you received. Those with an addictive personality will most certainly keep having just one more go just see what happens. Those who pursue such things should, in my opinion, have a grounding in a years worth of witchcraft teaching within a properly organised coven who would offer support and guidance.

My personal experince with it lead to dangerous things including temporary possession but only because I invited demonic energies on purpose as part of my self-taught magi trainning and it was necessary to overcome particular barriers and my mind is stronger for it.

I have also had nice occurrances with such things aswell and built up quite a rapport with a couple of spirits with automatic writing techniques.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: Typo.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
hey all, i wanted to post about my experience using a Ouija board. it was at a Halloween party a couple years ago. my friends wanted to try it some were skeptics and some were believers like me. We waited until midnight and then proceeded to ask questions.We had someone at a computer ready to search any answers given. At first it was slow moving and unresponsive but soon it picked up speed. we asked it questions like who are you? and what do you want? pretty straight forward questions. i cant remember the name it gave us but when we googled it the name was of guy who's body was dumped on a highway in new jersey. It freaked us all out.

recently i find myself searching for answers in different places to different questions. i have been considering using the board again, however i would be alone in doing so this time around. i have read it is a bad idea to use the board alone on different threads but i am uncertain how i will proceed.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Please don't even try it. I did when i was a teen and it messed me up for quite a while. Yes, they do sell these as toys but they are not good! You will be opening a door to things you don't want in your life. They have the right to come in if your opening the door for them and i think you will regret it. It sounds like fun till bad things start happening and then you have no idea how to deal with it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wasn't going to tell any stories of what happened to me but i think i will if it will keep you from doing this. It does lie, but it may tell just enough truth to keep you hooked. I asked it who i was going to marry and it said NAJ. I couldn't figure it out at the time but a few years later i married a guy with those initials. I started seeing "things" at night in my room and hearing people walking around in the house. My little brother also heard these and would get scared and wanted to sleep in my room. I felt bad because i knew it had to be because i played the ouija in my house. Thats when everything started going bad. A demon grabbed me by the shoulders one night and i jumped out of my bed to see a black hand/arm coming out of the wall! iI would hear chanting of thousands of people as soon as i laid down to sleep. couldn't understand them but it was very scary!
i was out with my boyfriend and we both seen three hooded creatures standing a ways from the car. They started to walk to us and every few seconds they would be several feet closer. We freaked out and started backing up trying to find somewhere to turn around. When we finally got turned around we couldn't see them anymore. I became obsessed with playing and would get violent if people said no. I talked my friend into playing in the car with me one night and while we were playing we heard tapping on the roof. Soon it was all over the car and the car was rocking back and forth like someone trying to flip it upside down.
My decision to do this not only effected me but my friends and family. Please don't even think about playing with this. I wish i had had someone to tell me not to.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The majority of people seem to say that you will only be contacted by evil or trickster spirits though use of the ouija board. If this is in fact the case how do you contact benevolent spirits? Is there another tool or "game" that can be used?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You know when it starts working when the hairs on the back of your neck stick up. I developed a board many years ago but it wasnt an ouija board, it was a cabala tree of life with a pentagram at the bottom, widh I had never done it now but at the time I was into that stuff. I was only about 16 when I did it and was on my own, lets just say, it absolutely terryfied me that night after performing the ritual. I had a really bad experience and never want to go through that again
I am 43 now and I cn still remember what happened like it was yesterday.

Such things are probably best left alone, trust me.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't think we are supposed to communicate with spirits, good or bad ones. maybe there are rules of some kind (if that makes sense) that they dont communicate and the bad ones don't mind braking the rules because they enjoy the mess they make of our lives when we invite them in. I for one will never ever even think of being close to one now. I have learned my lesson. I can't help it if people don't believe me. But If i can keep anyone from going through what i went through then its worth telling some of my experiences.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Tell me what to do, or what not to do, suggest something, etc. Just don't tell me to not try a Ouija board... because I'm going to try it.

Just have fun.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Best Advice ever: Don't

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by friendlyprogrammer

I tossed an Ouija board years ago, never used it in my life but I shall look for it and give it a try. The other world is communicating to me in so many different ways and I prayed, screamed for IT to talk to me. Since it hasn't happened, this seems like a great way of "making" IT talk

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

I kind of agree with what you've said. I've never played with a Ouija Board though, or at least I was so small I don't remember. I know my grandparents had one and I spend a lot of my childhood at their house. I have had some really bad experiences which were brought on by opening a door or sorts I suppose. It doesn't necessarily have to be a OB. Would you care to elaborate on your experiences?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A Ouija board, whether commercially produced, or crafted by my own hand, is not a thing I have utilized since my youth, and the experience of using one seems, perhaps, to be the most common paranormal introduction people make, or attempt to.

I have no opinion on the exclusivity of lower-level or malevolent spirits being drawn to (or in or through) the use of one, but I do caution, as others have here, and in numerous similar threads on the topic (evincing the popularity of this phenomenon and its ongoing uncertainties), that you realize, foremost, the board (or hand-made adaptation or variation thereof), is simply a tool; it is not possessed of its own import or power, any more than a telephone or pen to write a letter is--the energy that drives the messages produced in these media is one's own intention--the intention of the author, so to speak, or communicator (which would be you, and/or your friends involved in the encounter).

However, granted that the board itself has no force, which is why any variation which supplies the querent's desired form of reply (such as the standard alphabet listed, with numerals, and the eponymous "Yes"/"No" from which the "Oui"/"Ja" takes its name), it is the attitude with which you approach the session that largely dictates its direction and outcome; such is true of one's own life, and any interaction of any entities, living or dead, presumably. Like attracts like, to succinctly expound it. So, be in a good, noble head- and heart-space (truly; do not kid yourself; if you feel, though, you are in a place of alertness, physically, mentally, and spiritually, and steadfastness overall; then you could make an attempt). Intentionality has a profound resonance in the Universe, physical and metaphysical. Next most pertinent is the power of the Name.

Knowing that the board itself is simply a medium (in the logistical sense, not to be conflated with the more paranormal meaning of medium, which in this case, is somewhat linked), and knowing you must approach the session genuinely feeling and believing in whatever sentiment you wish to receive (a sense of disbelief, doubt, or agitation will yield either no result which will convince you of any presence, or worse, an agitated presence coming through; conversely, approaching with an open but cautious, intentional heart and mind, will yield, in the very least, something sufficiently complementary, if not entirely). This "not entirely" is crucial to bear in mind, though.

I do not subscribe to either side of the board itself being evil, nor even of any session itself by innate particle being evil, either; it really all rests with your intention and comfort, and genuine inquiry. However, it is not so simple as like attracting a carbon copy of that "like". There seems always, especially with Ouija boards, however well-intentioned, for the outcome of the session to be skewed in a cunning way.

I have not ever encountered any malevolence, but certainly some intrigue and initial confusion, but such as resolved itself through revelation over the days and weeks after those sessions, and it all kind of "clicked" and made sense.

I cannot comment on my spiritual standing, but I can concur that invoking protection is requisite, as Intention, even Belief is enough to sway both ways drastically, so one must ground and further specify their intention; a positive Intention needs to be rooted in a tested form of verification, typically a Judeo-Christian prayer, or the presence of a Scriptural work, as some have suggested, or, in the absence of an established faith-based invocation of Peace, a non-denominational, verbally-articulated, firmly-spoken, consummately-believed-in announcement to invite only a peaceful presence, and to lay out your own "ground rules" for the session and its possible spirits is a must. Traditional, archaic, denominational, and other formal wording is not needed, and can, for many people, make them more uncomfortable than the Ouija session itself, especially in so secular an age as our own.

Once you've found yourself prepared internally (good frame of mind, serious demeanour, not mischievous or skeptical, or agitated, or weak physically or emotionally), and you have invoked the protection of your Highest Good (which is really an emanation of your most-perfect form of Self to watch over you--called by some God, an Angel, or what-have-you), then you should proceed.

Just as you formally "open" the session in this manner, you must, absolutely, "close" it, using an inverse format, rounding-off your prayer or invocation (to a Higher Good, not invocation of or to the spirit(s) summoned!), and ending with an internal affirmation of the same intention you began the session with: that of positive, but firmly-grounded query.

Once you have had some experience and comfort with your sessions, which I agree, should not ever be conducted alone (not with a Ouija board, at least--other methods are more sufficient and suited to solitary spiritual inquiry, and safer), you can branch out from the standard alphabet-numerals-yes-no-goodbye format, and create a customized format, such as pre-determined answers on a piece of paper or hand-crafted "board", which makes communication more limited in scope of spiritual responses, but forces the entity to use your pre-made answers (such as written-out phrases the entity can choose to point to, instead of the wild-card form of the generic alphabet, which is what causes much trouble and confusion).

Do not forget to greet the entity farewell, and regarding the power of the Name--do not consume yourself with stereotypical images of Hollywood exorcisms and conflations of asking an entity its name--though, do ask. Knowing the name of anything engenders a transfer, even temporarily, of the power of an entity to the querent. To know one's identity creates a linguistic "debt" of sorts, even in our physical, sociable world. More intimacy exists and more commitment/balance of control once one knows another's name, certainly. Regarding existing, documented demonologies and "angelologies" and such, do not seek to confuse yourself with these at this point, and spirits can certainly be mischievous if not malign, so giving a false name is possible, though there is a greatly-consistent tradition in spiritual contact of a spirit not typically lying about its true name, which almost always, in the demonic sense (not to get overly frightening) is actually a singular name.

It has been suggested here that along with positive intention, as part of your explicit "ground rules" you tell the spirits you seek to contact a specific one--use as full a set of that spirit's name, birth dates, et cetera as you can--for really, the Ouija board is a communication tool, and you would not blindly phone up any random number expecting a positive interaction. Many like to speak with an ancestor, whether historical or recently deceased (and recall that legally, as well as biologically, an ancestor is a blood relative from whom one actually and directly descends; a "direct ancestor" is a tautological and oxymoronic phrasing). There is belief that contacting an ancestor imbues some level, however small, of innate safety, since your blood is similar to what was once theirs, a common bond coursing through your veins.

Otherwise, exercise decorum, dignity, and always keep sight that it is a conversation, so politely, must include an introduction, a body of discussion, and a proper closing.
edit on 10-4-2014 by Aquilifer because: Typographical error--corrected.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Best results are when you move the piece with your hands.

edit on 22430America/ChicagoThu, 10 Apr 2014 00:22:41 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

thats probably the best advice you will get. i have a board and haven't got it to work yet. i know someone who's been using the board for about 40 years, he would say the same but he says it is safe to use on your own, about the bible, he says use the lords prayer over and over till something difficult has gone, he also says he uses a silver cross on the top of the board and somtimes they will nudge it off the board which means its either something not nice or not religious. i do evp and i learnt the hard way of doing it on my own, i got hurt and i keep the bible next to me while i do it. i also know a group of lads 20 something years ago who thought it would be great fun to do the board while drunk, in the end the last laugh was on them.

so theres lots of different things that people say, like some people think when it does the figure of 8 it means its trying to 'get out' of the board whereas my friend says thats bull# it means its thinking. just don't treat it as a joke and remain respectful and don't ask when/how they died!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Fumez2323

madhobbit was a fake, you could even see it was him pushing the planchette along!, if you didn't agree with something he said he would block you aswell.

he isn't on youtube, they banned him as they knew he was a fraud.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The advice I would give is don't mess or dabble.

Get someone who is highly experienced and can guide you through without getting any negative energy attachments.
Many people will tell you that the Quija don't work, and its people moving the glass or planchette, I know different.

Don't get thrown against a wall, or your energy sucked out of you, or possessed.
There are plenty of mediums or psychics that will charge you a small sum to keep you safe.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join