It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going to Try the Ouija Board, any Tips, Tricks, or Suggestions?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Yes. Find something to do.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
ouija boards arent a 'gateway to the spirit world' the planchette is moved by the player's subconcious, no demon or evil spirit waiting to jump out at ya lol

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have read much about the ouija board.

My observations are the following:

1. It is the most economical and easiest setting for any paranormal investigation into spirits and spirit-related phenomena.

2. I can say that the phenomena reported by people whether themselves genuinely engaged in it, or people who heard from these actually engaged people, are what we can call empirical phenomena as opposed to purely fictional make-up accounts of people's imagination.

3. The debate if we may call it that is among three groups, the skeptical debunkers, the believers who are favorably disposed, and the believers who are alarmists cautioning people against dabbling in it.

4. For what I may call fundamentalist skeptical debunkers, there can be no rational discourse with them, because they are already committed by some vow of obedience to their worldview that there is only the material world and everything is reduced to mechanical or at most chemical actions and reactions.

5. On the other hand, it can be said to the credit of debunkers that the ouija board and their favorable practitioners have not shown to date any physically concrete advantage to people practicing ouija, by physically concrete advantage I can give the example of ouija enabling participants to move pieces of heavy furniture from one room to the other with the aid of spirits whatever.

6. Enabling people to get rich easily, quickly, and safely, that would be another example of physically concrete advantages to practitioners.

7. What are the benefits then to practitioners? Essentially emotional, mental, and spiritual benefits, like for example contacts with dearly beloved family members.

8. With people who are alarmists, they are after giving advice to people to save people from harm of all kinds, like accidents and even suicidal tendencies.

9. Both the favorable practitioners and the alarmists do concur that spirits are involved in ouija.

10. The first of course talk about good spirits or at least play-some spirits good if for nothing else recreational amusement, the second they talk about malicious spirits with ill-will to cause troubles to practitioners.

Now, as regards the author of this thread, I think he is a very shallow person.

Why? Because as he made the serious decision to take up ouija, he should keep to it for much longer days and even weeks, than the brief time and superficial interest he to my impression has shown all the time in this thread.

Addressing the author of this thread: Please investigate reports of planchette moving by itself without any person touching it and neither anything in contact with it as to make it move surreptitiously.

That is the most crucial investigation anyone who claims to be a debunking skeptic prober should go into, instead of taking refuge in the socalled ideomotor effect due to auto-suggestion of practitioners.

So, to debunkers who are serious investigators, trace all reports of planchette moving by itself, get to the people who experienced them, and insist to witness such ouija sessions where the planchette genuinely moves by itself.

Otherwise, debunkers are just very thin gruel explorers of paranormal phenomena.

Pachomius

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I never really believed in the abilities granted to Ouija Boards, and I'm still not entirely sure if I do now, though I am certainly more cautious than I was at one point, and here's why.

One random night, a year or two ago, me and two of my closest friends decided to use a Ouiji Board out of boredom. Irresponsible, idiotic, and naive some of you may say, but irregardless, this is how the event came to be.

We set up the board, and sat in a rough circle, each with a finger on a pointer. At this point, I will mention that one of the friends I was with has previous experience with Ouiji Boards (he has used them with his family members on several occassions) and believes in the power of them, so naturally, he had a pen and paper at his side, ready to note anything/everything down which may happen.

We began quite subtle, simple asking out loud that old chestnut; "Is there anybody there? If so, please make contact."

After a while of sitting around, joking, laughing, and even casually chatting to one another, the pointer began to move. Oh how we laughed! My "experienced" friend implored us to stop laughing and take things seriously (though he too couldn't restrain a giggle), and we watched at the pointer slowly moved around. It spelled out a few things, mostly a garbled mess of letters, and one name; 'William'.

By this time, we were each convinced that one of us was pushing the pointer, and after much back and forth, we decided to simply end what we were doing, and put a movie on or something.

Now this is where it gets weird...

Shortly after wrapping things up, roughly ten minutes or so, I noticed a faint tapping on one of the bedroom walls. I informed my friends, telling them that it was probably my younger brother playing some kind of trick as he must've overheard us using the Ouiji Board a little while earlier. The tapping moved along the wall slowly, and around onto the wall which my bedroom door was on. Watching the door, we all expected the tapping to reach the door and then for my brother to burst in triumphantly.

...But instead, the tapping went past the door and onto the next wall - on which the other side was nothing, only outside, and we were one floor up.

Now, assuming that my brother hasn't infact suddenly developed the ability to phase through walls and then float around the side of the house tapping as he goes, we all became suitably creeped out.

Passing the tapping off as just a rat inside the walls, or something else to that effect, we carried on and forgot about the tapping until it eventually simply stopped. "I'm going to get a glass of juice, anyone want?" Then I get up from the bed and head to the door, and just before the door I stopped dead.

The spot in front of my door, roughly one yard by one yard, was stone cold. One spot, and only that spot. You could literally step in and out of it. I called my friends over and asked them to step into the spot, mostly just to check that I wasn't have a paranoia episode, and low and behold, they felt it too.

So there you have it. I'm not saying this story is concrete proof of supernatural phenomenon, it obviously isn't. I'm just adding it here simply as an experience story from somebody else who doesn't really even know if they believe in ghosts, yet have experienced something quite... ghostly.

Do with your Ouiji Board as you will, but based on my own experiences; be careful.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It is almost impossible now to approach ouija with an objectively serious attitude of finding out what exactly are the phenomena being triggered by the ouija, considering that a lot people already adopt a derisive mindset in its regard.

That is not the correct manner of doing a really serious investigation.

And then there are the make-up artists, so that one never knows whether the reporter is a make-up artist or sincerely recounting a personal experience in as much as possible objective manner.

Anyway, there are three kinds of people into ouija:

First, the people who say that it is a harmless activity and can be good if at all for amusement, and then also they say that it is beneficial to them for making them feel better.

Next, there are the people who warn against dabbling in ouija because evil spirits will come forth to wreak harm on participants even leading them to what, suicide?

The third kind of people are the confirmed skeptics who usually approach ouija with a smug derisive heart and mind, instead of being careful, objective, clinically impassive but most attentive examiners of the phenomena manifested in ouija activity.

We can dismiss the people who give dire warnings, except to take notice that they do believe in spirits who are malignant and ruled by a wicked intent to harm people engaged in ouija, never mind the why -- that is why they are wicked of course, because they delight in doing harm to humans.

What I want to suggest to the other two kinds of people, namely, the ones saying that ouija is harmless and can be good at least good amusement, or even beneficial for emotional satisfaction, and the confirmed skeptics.

That they both each side undertake sessions of ouija and report to this forum what their experiences are.

To this end, they should employ a camera and a sound recording machine.

They should both be attentive and serious and not given to giggling which is distracting to their attention, and betrays their lack of intention to get to the genuine phenomena occurring in ouija.

On the part of the people who maintain that ouija is not harmful and can even be good, try to make sense of the communications and the physical manifestations taking place in the sessions.

For the confirmed skeptics, try to see whether if the planchette at all moves is it due to your anyone among you intentional pushing, or you notice that it is moving on its own and your fingers are just being led by it or following it.

Please report here and we will keep a critical mind on your reports.

Pachomius

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
People know not what they do when they dabble in the occult, even innocently. By doing such they open themselves up to many spiritual dangers that normally would never occur, one of which is demon possession. Such has been linked to the Ouija board:
Some demonologists say the Ouija opens the door to possession by evil spirits ....
Some evil spirits first contacted by the Ouija board has led to a deeper involvement and bondage in the occult.

Many demons are in people because the demon has a legal document to be IN you. That could be things like having played with a ouija board,

What curses have been placed upon us because of the sins of our fathers or curses placed upon us or our family line by others.......If you do play, you’re cursed, your children are cursed, your grandchildren are cursed, your great grandchildren are cursed, and your great great grandchildren are cursed.
This will curse your bloodline up to 10 generations.

Generational curses are judgments that are passed on to individuals because of sins perpetuated in a family in a number of generations. Generational curses are similar to original sin curses because they can be passed down generationally. They differ in that generational curses do not impose eternal judgment. They bring judgment or bondage during an individual's life, until that individual addresses the sin issues that put the curses into place.

As I have said , curses take away the quality of life. They can bring failure, shame, sickness and even physical death. They are temporal in nature, causing much grief. They are administered to get our attention and encourage us to turn back to God. Those who are humbled by them, repent and find restoration and renewed freedom from the Lord. Those who become angry, self-righteous and rebel against what God has permitted go deeper into bondage and darkness.

ANGEL BOARD - I saw a news program about an "ANGEL BOARD". The developer of the "game" said it was like a Ouija board, except you contacted "angels" instead of demons. Their demonstration showed it to be a Ouija board with a new name. This will probably make its way into many Christian homes and book stores once marketed.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We are here trying to be rational in the matter of ouija.

No need to exert efforts to frighten people with threats of curses.

Try to see if you can at least analyze what messages are being formed even from just the ideomotor socalled effect from the participants, then we can know the unconscious thoughts, concerns, fears, hopes, etc. of the one or several or all of them doing ouija..

In that respect ouija can be a useful means for people to get to know themselves better and adjust to life more healthily.

Pachomius

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Tell me what to do, or what not to do, suggest something, etc. Just don't tell me to not try a Ouija board... because I'm going to try it.

Some good advice.....Don't use it! You can open yourself up to some really nasty things.
I know you said not to tell you that however didn't know this till after I tried it (we were children then):

Divination (from Latin divinare "to foresee, to be inspired by a god"[2], related to divinus, divine) is the attempt to gain insight into a question or situation by way of a standardized process or ritual.[3] Diviners ascertain their interpretations of how a querent should proceed by reading signs, events, or omens, or through alleged contact with a supernatural agency.[4] Divination can be seen as a systematic method with which to organize what appear to be disjointed, random facets of existence such that they provide insight into a problem at hand. If a distinction is to be made between divination and fortune-telling, divination has a formal or ritual and often social character, usually in a religious context, as seen in traditional African medicine; while fortune-telling is a more everyday practice for personal purposes. Particular divination methods vary by culture and religion.

Divination is often dismissed by sceptics, including the scientific community, as being mere superstition: in the 2nd century, Lucian devoted a witty essay to the career of a charlatan, Alexander the false prophet, trained by "one of those who advertise enchantments, miraculous incantations, charms for your love-affairs, visitations for your enemies, disclosures of buried treasure, and successions to estates"[5], though most Romans believed in dreams and charms. It is considered a sin in most Christian denominations and Judaism.

According to Zohar, Naamah is the mother of divination.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
My advice to you is to not listen to anyone that tells you not to do it.
How would you possibly gather your own experiences without dabbling into taboo items.

Additionally, there have been official tests done with the ouija and the results are as you can expect. No spirits, but isn't that obvious anyway when you really think about it. A piece of wood / cardboard with letters on it? Technically a bottle cap on a flat surface would pull the same results, and it does work.

Don't let that put you off, use the ouija and gather your own results, beliefs, conclusions.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So many people here are afraid of the ouija and I really don't understand it, I used one a few times before and even did it by myself a couple of times and guess what..... I'm not possesed, nobody died, there were no accidents following.... I'm thinking people just get soo caught up in the stories they don't even know what they're talking about.....
If you are going to tell these stories about demons and opening up portals then you may as well bring proof to the table with documented cases with sources instead of trying to scare someone not to use it.... I admit I haven't done research on the subject of the ouija but I've never seen any kind of proof of anything bad happening to someone directly linked to it......

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
So many people here are afraid of the ouija and I really don't understand it, I used one a few times before and even did it by myself a couple of times and guess what..... I'm not possesed, nobody died, there were no accidents following.... I'm thinking people just get soo caught up in the stories they don't even know what they're talking about.....
If you are going to tell these stories about demons and opening up portals then you may as well bring proof to the table with documented cases with sources instead of trying to scare someone not to use it.... I admit I haven't done research on the subject of the ouija but I've never seen any kind of proof of anything bad happening to someone directly linked to it......

So then why does the plastic thing move and spell words? There was a movie about the Ouija
board, I forgot what it was called (might have already been posted) but is not that far fetched.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It seems to me that most of the people claiming that you will be possessed don't actually know a whole lot about demonic possession or what situations could lead to it. I always have a pretty good laugh at these people who sound like a bunch of superstitious dark age peasants who have many opinions on the occult but little to no actual knowledge and absolutely no understanding of it. You would think that people who have such a fear of these matters would take the time to do some real research.

I haven't used a Ouijia board since grade school but I can guess you will receive messages of a few varieties:

1.Nonsense
2.Useless Answers
3.Lies
4.Threats
5.Truth (rare)

I wouldn't expect much from it if you are a "skeptic" at heart because most occult things don't work autonomously, like switching on a desk lamp, they work based on the subconscious meaning you've given them and work best if you truly believe in it. If you truly don't believe in "etheric" entities then you will probably not be able to communicate with them.

However, you don't have to fear possession from the use of a Ouija board, were you doing astral work or summonings, then perhaps you'd have to worry.

If you really want messages then you should do it properly and learn how to actually communicate with non-earthly forces, including how to protect yourself and how to discern truth from lies. Try sitting comfortably in a quiet room, steady your breathing and clear your mind, invite the entities to discourse and then ask a question. You will probably get a response, it might not be clear and might not be verbalized, maybe it will be visual, but you will probably get a response.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I know for a fact that Quija Boards can and do work, because I have used one successfully. I am an intelligent, rational, mature person and not taken to flights of fancy. Back when I was in High School (I hate to think about how many years ago) I used to hang out with other kids at the house of a neighbor. The girl who lived at the house, I'll call her Eileen (not her real name) believed that she shared the house with several ghosts. One day while hanging out she pulled out a Oiuja Board and everyone had a try at "playing with it". Nothing much happened for anyone but when I sat down and put my fingers on the shot glass we were using as an 'slider/indicator', whatever you want to call it, it began to move around quite readily and quite accurately answering questions. At first I thought that Eileen was pushing it around, because I knew that I wasn't, but soon came to realize that she was not consciously moving it either. Eileen believed that the spirits in the house were answering the questions. Let me give you an example of how I know it worked. After we had done it a number of times and we were both convinced of the truth and accuracy of the answers I was eager to demonstrate this magical seeming skill to others. We would ask another person to go into the other room and write down a number from 0 to 9 on a piece of paper and not let anyone else see it. Once they had done that they came back and we asked 'the spirits' what number they had written. The shot glass would ALWAYS go immediately to the correct number which they revealed on the paper after the glass had reached a number. It got to the point where, in order to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was legit, me and Eileen would both blindfold ourselves with dishtowels, someone would spin the board around so that we did not know the orientation it was at then we would ask to tell us what number the person had written. It always worked without fail.

I was the only person who she got answers with and she was the only person who it worked with for me. I don't know how or why but I have a degree in science and I know that it was real.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well, my one experience with one of these things ain't too crazy, but it's not something I'd toy with again.

So, I'm with my Marine Camp Guard platoon and we were doing some house cleaning at the guard shack and someone found a board in one of the back storage room. So being the overconfident and brave Marines we are we decided to mess with it that night. I never touched it, but I sat in on the sessions the guys did that night. We met a young girl and her brother. They were murdered by their father, who was a Marine, and buried out near where out camp is. Now, if you know Camp Pendleton, then you know Camp Horno is way out in the middle of nowhere and would be an ideal place to bury bodies to never make them found. Well, eventually we end the whole thing and I thought it was done. But now the guard shack just has a bad feeling there. A lot of guys refuse to go in the back storage room because you just get an uneasy feeling there. Now, the crazy thing is we just got a bunch of fresh guys to the guard, and they, not knowing anything about the sessions, don't even like the back storage room. It's not even a creepy room or out of the way. It just plain feels like something or someone is watching you and you just kinda get a feeling in your gut like something isn't right. And the really weird thing is that I over heard a conversation of some of the guys having nightmares when they sleep here. Nightmares about children. I've had a few myself. I was somewhat skeptical at first, but now I won't mess with the damn things.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
All your "believers" need only ask google for the wiki on ouija. It's been scientifically studied and explained, not that you should always trust scientific opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
A while ago I tried using an Ouija board with a few friends, under 'instructions' we found on the internet.

Nothing happened at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
France, this morning : 11 people jump off second floor window, including 3 children and 1 baby.
So they were communicating when a demon took possession of one of them.
That one is beeing treated for, I guess knife injuries.

Google News

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I could say it in 1 word

DON'T
edit on 23-10-2010 by DutchBigBoy because: oops forgot a word

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
double post

edit on 23-10-2010 by DutchBigBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Do it but draw lots of chalk pentagrams, wear all black and listen to heavy metal while doing it; how else will you be able to draw in spirits for it to work?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join