It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going to Try the Ouija Board, any Tips, Tricks, or Suggestions?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I shall get out the monopoly board and ask for economical advice - absolute genius, I can't stop laughing

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Yes, don't.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

believe me i've had succubis after me and that wasnt pleasant at all....

What the hell is a Succubis when it's at home ,Is that like some crazy stalking woman ?

Did it try to eat you ? How did you fend her off juju stick ?

This is a clip from a thread i started when i first joined this site:

Since 2000 i have had experiences with the "Paranormal" shall we say.... and i'll start by telling you about the first one which occured in an apartment i used to live in not far from here... first of all it started with the banging of the bedroom door as if while asleep something had been in the room but as i woke up it left the room at that precise moment and shut the door and then over the course of a couple of years this thing would attack me in my sleep by sitting on me, holding my arms so i couldn't move but also hit me in my abdomen area, i also couldn't shout out as there was some strange force stopping me from doing so.... now i know people will say that this is "sleep paralysis" and i have read about it but i honestly believe it was something else... either a demon, a ghost or Succubus (which i've read about too). I no longer have this thing after me whatever it was which i'm glad about as it was some pretty scary stuff!

Believe me, you don't want this thing after you

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I sadly don't see how warning a person about not using the Ouija board adds to the original question where it is already mentioned he or she will be using the Ouija board anyway despite warnings given. People love to find out how horribly wrong things can go for themselves and they are free to do so; typing in Ouija board should give enough warning material to be satisfied for the coming months which the person obviously was not after.

It's like repeating that drunken driving is dangerous but people do it constantly despite the fact they know it might get them killed. Curiosity should be allowed to kill the cat if the cat decides to dive into the Beyond. The cat himself is responsible for any consequence, not curiousity or those that warned him.

If people are certain about playing with the Things... I'd rather give a few pieces of advice that aided me personally or tell them what parts of these sessions could have been improved for better results. You never know what mice or dogs you might encounter and you know playing safe is not a valid option. So yerr, and warnings don't change the part where they want to play anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
I have to say that is full of Bullsplop mate. What we experienced back in the 70's was very much real entities.. more than one.. and seen by everyone involved.. therefore no one was doing as you suggested.

Not sure where your information comes from but in this instance it is completely incorrect. There are many things in the unseen realms, most of them do not have our best interests at heart, but you would know this if you have explored those regions for yourself.

I'm not saying to be afraid. But, when your awareness is limited how can you possibly have any idea on how to handle these things if and when they do appear before you?

If he has a fine time with it that will be great, if he does not it won't be because of psycholgy as you are claiming. When we did it we got a word, "Zadok"

Now, how many teenagers do you know that would possibly know that word? It wasn't until I was in my late 30's when I found the word and what it means. None of my friends back in the 70's were Hebrews with a very deep understanding of the hierarchy involved in the Priest of Judaism.

Explain that for me using psychology as a base to argue from?

Like I said in my first post, become a fireman before you play with fire.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Tayesin]

Sounds like random letters to me, which is apt to happen. The fact that they make a word in a foreign language ("righteous", according to Wikipedia) is not surprising, given the number of languages there are in the world and the number of words in each language.

As for your "sighting," well, I wasn't there, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that there's a logical, non-paranormal explanation for it.

edit, because I did come across as a little rude and cruel.

[edit on 1/31/2010 by LiquidLight]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
As for your "sighting," well, I wasn't there, so I can't say whether it was your imagination, a hallucination of some sort, or if you're simply lying, but I'd bet dollars to donuts it's one of those. I'm not trying to call you out as a liar, but you must admit that there are people on the internet who do make up stories, so it's always a possibility.

As for the rest of your post, superstitious paranoia.

That was a very cruel and rude post LiquidLight.

I don't believe in hallucinations, but you obviously do. Is there something you personally experienced that makes you believe in hallucinations? Hmm.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Originally posted by LiquidLight
As for your "sighting," well, I wasn't there, so I can't say whether it was your imagination, a hallucination of some sort, or if you're simply lying, but I'd bet dollars to donuts it's one of those. I'm not trying to call you out as a liar, but you must admit that there are people on the internet who do make up stories, so it's always a possibility.

As for the rest of your post, superstitious paranoia.

That was a very cruel and rude post LiquidLight.

I don't believe in hallucinations, but you obviously do. Is there something you personally experienced that makes you believe in hallucinations? Hmm.

I apologize if that's how I came across, I wasn't attempting to be rude, just lay out the facts as I see them.

As for hallucinations, well if you don't believe in them then you pretty much have to discount everything science has taught us about the brain, which is unfortunate since we've been making great advances in this area.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Psychologists say if you rest your hands on a smooth board, think about a certain pattern - can shift small subconscious movements in the hand in appropriate directions - seems to point to a mysterious answer from elicited memories lost and with no conscious awareness. It is not paranormal, just cooincidence.

similar to a collective hallucinations - if there is an expectation, the group has ideas and emotional excitement, usually religious in nature. So, i.e. if someone expects to see a stimulus, real or imagined, such as a light or a tone, they often do perceive it...

[edit on 31-1-2010 by bookreader]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I believe some people are more "in tune" to certain experiences than other people. When I was young, (say between the ages of 6-12) I used to mess with the Ouija every night. Sometimes with other kids, sometimes with adults, but mostly alone. I had been experiencing odd phenomenon for several years prior, mostly sightings of dark entities,( which I now know were shadow people). I was trying to contact these shadow things I would see at night peeking around the doorway to my room, or standing in the corners/next to my bed, waking me up and watching me. I was desperate to find out why they liked watching me, and if they were just family members watching over me, or past inhabitants of my house. At first nothing happened. It took probably a dozen tries before I finally made contact. The entity seemed friendly enough at first, so I wasnt bothered by using it solo. It answered my questions, it told me the shadows were not my family, nor were they past inhabitants. When asked why they always bothered me it responded, " they know you can see." I asked if they would ever leave me alone, " NO ."
After a few months of me and my friends asking questions, (mostly stupid ones, we were young ) things began to get weird. When I was home alone I would always feel like I was being watched and would hear someone say my name on occasion. I started seeing the "hat man shadow" thing. He would be in my room, or outside my window scaring the crap out of me. I would even see him at friends houses when I would spend the night. After a while I became so accustomed to the thick dread feeling that would accompany these things, if I woke up in the middle of the night for no reason and felt it, I wouldnt scream for my parents anymore, I would just roll over and pretend they werent there. One night when it was just me and my mom home, my mother said she heard me talking in my room. She walked in to see if I was talking in my sleep. Apparently, I was sitting up in bed and speaking a odd language she had never heard before. She said my eyes looked hollow like I didnt even recognize her, and it really creeped her out. She tried to speak soothingly to me to calm me down, and pushed me so I that I was laying flat again. Thats when I started shaking violently, it wasnt me shaking, it was like something was shaking me like a rag doll. I wasnt having a seizure, nor am I epileptic. The weirdest thing is, I had no idea it happened until years later when my mother finally told me. I havnt messed with anything paranormal in a long time, I still see things from time to time, but it doesnt scare me anymore. i think there is something to the idea that if you dont give them the time of day they will get bored and move on to bug someone else.
So, not saying that everyone will have bad experiences, but just keep in mind that just like animals, they can smell your fear.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Tell me what to do, or what not to do, suggest something, etc. Just don't tell me to not try a Ouija board... because I'm going to try it.

Read this book first before you do it. It will save you alot of trouble:
hbcdelivers.s439.sureserver.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i strongly strongly urge you to use caution, using a ouija board is the most dangerous thing you can do, you may not know it but communicating with spirits and opening doors you are not familiar with can be a severe mistake

hint

NEVER OPENLY INVITE SPIRITS, DEMONS INTO YOUR MIND EVER

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
i strongly strongly urge you to use caution, using a ouija board is the most dangerous thing you can do, you may not know it but communicating with spirits and opening doors you are not familiar with can be a severe mistake

hint

NEVER OPENLY INVITE SPIRITS, DEMONS INTO YOUR MIND EVER

What is up with everyone? It's not like I'm using a gun.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a ojuja board is a loaded gun of demons mate

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
a ojuja board is a loaded gun of demons mate

I don't believe in demons.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
They say the best results from the OUIJA board are received when the partipant(s) act in a light-hearted, i.e. non-nervous, non-frightened frame of mind. This encourages 'spirit communication' from those entities that are not general 'dark'. If you approach it with any kind of fear, it tends to bring in fear-based entities or those who feed off of negative energy vibrations.

So a few minutes of joke telling (i.e. a hearty laugh) keeping the mood up-beat is about the best advice I could offer. If anyone in the circle (i.e. if you are not a solo practioner) is not light-hearted and in a jokey open minded mood, ask them to leave the room and close the door behind them.

Also be patient...sometimes conditions have to be right before any free flow of info can come through..apparently, movement of the dial may be a result of 'interactions' with the user's subconscious, so keep the mind as open and free as possible...there might be a delay of 30 mins or more before anything (ahem) 'happens', but practioners say that practice makes perfect, and often the same 'entitites' come through on successive occasions.

If you find yourself in any way fearful, put the board away until you're 'in the mood'...

If you're not religious or superstitious so much the better..the bible thingy or the koran thingy or the torah thingy or the use of crucifixes &tc. is mainly an aide for the superstitious to get them to feel 'relaxed and protected'.

Drawing a magick circle helps some practitioners relax and 'tricks their subconscious' into being more receptuve as a result.

'But YOUR results may vary...'

Good luck, and keep the Open Mind, as they say....

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Rather than continuing this thread which is going around in circles. Why dont you go away and come back with an opinion having done tried it for yourself? You already have firm opinions so lets see weather that changes after the event with any footage to supplement the thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Archangel
reply to post by Phlynx

Rather than continuing this thread which is going around in circles. Why dont you go away and come back with an opinion having done tried it for yourself? You already have firm opinions so lets see weather that changes after the event with any footage to supplement the thread.

If you would have read, you would have realized I already tried it. Want to know what happened? Nothing. Zip, Zilch, Nada.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

There you go then. I take it you wont be trying it again then?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Archangel
reply to post by Phlynx

There you go then. I take it you wont be trying it again then?

I might, when it's an actual board and not a peace of paper.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well there is a reason it has sold so well, and those using it will attest that they are not consciously pushing it.

It does require 2 people however. I found as a kid trying it that I could influence what it would spell by consciously thinking of the answer I intended.

This was not accomplished by pushing, it is based on "subconscious" and ideomotor responses.

There is a new way to get answers from your subconscious, and it is free at

www.choicedowsing.com...

Choicedowsing is based on consciously choosing between Subliminal pictures, and they filter answers through repetition.

It is very exciting and innovative for anyone who wants to get an answer from their subconscious.

There is also automatic writing, pendulums, dowsing rods, scrying, and other methods of getting answers from your subconscious.

PLEASE NOTE:
I AM NOT CLAIMING ANSWERS COME FROM OUTSIDE YOUR BODY. I AM SAYING Quija boards, and pendulum dowsing get answers from your subconscious.

I do believe that the answers come from outside your body, but that is a belief only.

Anyways if you want to try a one person Quija board try using the pictures on choicedowsing.com.

Pendulums also offer a good alternative, but are based on ideomotor responses. I prefer the choice dowsing method as it removes the ideomotor responses from the equation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join