It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going to Try the Ouija Board, any Tips, Tricks, or Suggestions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Influence, manipulation.

No, there are no recorded instances of an unknown force simply outright murdering a person. However, how many incidents have their been of sudden and unexplained violence unto others? Hrm..

Influence. Dabbling in the occult arts as an amateur makes you a conductor's wand.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Incidently, ignore the doomsayers. They are giving you a introspection of how they feel about their subconscious selves...using a "demon" as a name for what is actually inside of them anyhow.

They will also become angry at you if you say you had a fine time using it and without any sort of dark experiences, etc...because your basically saying subconsciously that your comfortable with yourself and dont have any suprising dark aspects of yourself tucked away...they will compare that to their own hidden parts of their mind and become bitter. They will also say these entities (your subconscious) is lying to you, using you, etc. This is once again them saying thats how they would do things in real life if given a consequence free status for their actions. all subconscious but the subconscious can be a powerful thing.

Anyhow, have fun, and if you dont have fun...hey, simply stop using it.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Influence, manipulation.

No, there are no recorded instances of an unknown force simply outright murdering a person. However, how many incidents have their been of sudden and unexplained violence unto others? Hrm..

Influence. Dabbling in the occult arts as an amateur makes you a conductor's wand.

The devil made me do it is the oldest known defense...used to work also.

nothing like blaming a ghost for your actions verses take personal responsibility. Unexplained violence? rarely if ever...typically violence comes from our love of materialistic things, jealousy, or simple mental illness and paranoia.

As far as someone suddenly getting bored with their wife/husband/living conditions...you dont need a ghost for that, thats simply a unfulfilled and unfocused lifestyle. Often people turn to the occult type stuff because they feel life is unfocused, they find it fun and interesting for awhile, and then it becomes old shoe...and so they are back to things being boring and unfulfilled once again...this is not because the occult made it happen...its because it was going to happen anyways, occult or not...so blaming casper that your significant other suddenly is giving out less sex, or seems distant isn't the problem identified, its the problem transferred.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Tell me what to do, or what not to do, suggest something, etc. Just don't tell me to not try a Ouija board... because I'm going to try it.

Do so at your own risk and do not do it by yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Did I say the devil? No, I didn't. I mentioned forces or maybe even spirits. I never even said demons. This isn't a Catholicism thing.

Science is currently exploring the realms of multi-dimensional theories, travel, etc. Don't need to go into that.

Yet, here we are, being willfully ignorant of the fact that forces may exist outside the realm of our perception, and that they could, in fact, be aware of us. They could have influence over us. Is this fact? No, it's conjecture, and unproven.

You have about as much grounds in saying, "Don't worry about it." as much as I do in saying, "Be careful." Your expressions are just as unfounded as mine. It can't be proven either way, but people don't have to eat strange berries to see if it kills them. You know what I'm saying?

What you will never find me doing however, is using a Ouija board or dabbling in hidden arts for the sake of "exploring my subconscious" as you so eloquently put it, and treating it all like entertaining toys. That to me, is simply naive.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Did I say the devil? No, I didn't. I mentioned forces or maybe even spirits. I never even said demons. This isn't a Catholicism thing.

Science is currently exploring the realms of multi-dimensional theories, travel, etc. Don't need to go into that.

Yet, here we are, being willfully ignorant of the fact that forces may exist outside the realm of our perception, and that they could, in fact, be aware of us. They could have influence over us. Is this fact? No, it's conjecture, and unproven.

You have about as much grounds in saying, "Don't worry about it." as much as I do in saying, "Be careful." Your expressions are just as unfounded as mine. It can't be proven either way, but people don't have to eat strange berries to see if it kills them. You know what I'm saying?

What you will never find me doing however, is using a Ouija board or dabbling in hidden arts for the sake of "exploring my subconscious" as you so eloquently put it, and treating it all like entertaining toys. That to me, is simply naive.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by SyphonX]

The devil is a catch-all for anything potentially dark and spooky...be it invisible aliens, some fire and brimstone horned guy, or Ronald McDonald...

Now, onto the invalid argument you have made.

You said because you dont know if something is dangerous, you therefore wont try it because theoretically it could be....ok...sure..now then

There has been alot of studies on how the television has increased violent and unruly behavior in society. My theory is that a television is actually a doorway to alternate dimensions, allowing energy of what is viewed into the existance around your being. This semi-conscious raw energy becomes more and more pronounced with each watching...

This can actually be more proven than anything negative or positive coming from a Ouija.

Now, with that knowledge and insite...will you be tossing your televisions out today, or wait for a good garage sale...after all, its very possible that the energy of this portal is effecting you very negatively (not to mention the actual studies of the theta waves in the background of televisions potentially causing reduction of cognitive thinking and more suseptable to the messages of the tube).

You can also apply this general idea on everything. Mirrors have been used as scrying devices for ages...there is a theory that mirrors are indeed portals to the soul and that it is possible for reflections to be seen by interdimensional entitys, influencing your vanity and taking over your mind slowly with materialistic desires...etc etc etc...time to toss out all mirrors and reflective surfaces...

I heard that computers are bad :-P

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You're just trying to oversimplify it.

Many devices are a medium to many things, including Televisions or even a mirror. A mirror is symbolic for vanity, peering into it can unknowingly alter how you perceive and carry yourself. It can be argued that there is more to it then simple psychology, but that's conjecture.

All I'm saying is, be careful. Did I say I should have the authority to deem a Ouija board forbidden or anything of the sort..? Nope. Just merely stating that someone needs to be seriously careful. Everything in this world influences and affects you in all kinds of ways, be it psychological, physiological, or if you believe it, spiritually.

However, you're simply saying, "Go right ahead." Encouraging it, and completely foregoing any warnings whatsoever. That's not very wise.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
lol, original poster - I think you should just try it.
According to this thread it works, it doesn't work, it brings good and it brings evil. Or it may bring nothing. Just try it is my advice. Be positive about it, the whole experience.

I like to use it while meditating it helps me focus my concentration. If someone happens to come through, so be it. Do it alone and at least you will know what happened. Or what didn't!
The most you can gain is a good meditation session and feel good after words! Who knows maybe your sub-conscious will have something interesting to spell out for you!

[edit on 1/30/2010 by MetalCoffeeL]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Actually, I agree to some extent as to what your saying, however more to the point...

I believe the psychology is at play here...in all areas. If you say "I am going to watch a horror movie" and loads of people tell you not to, that demons will enter into you and make you do bad things...a mentally vunerable person could watch the movie, and the go through their programming cycle doing horrible things, thinking its some demon or whatever that hopped into his body when he watched the horror movie

then he goes on and jumps on the bandwagon, warning others of demons jumping into you when you watch horror movies.

same concept but instead of saying it about horror movies, mirrors, or anything else, people are using ouija boards and other things...why are they spookier than being warned about the dangers of watching TV? because its been around longer. ouija boards...or more basic...ways of contacting the other side have been around since we were sniffing around in caves. and when the bible came out, they wiggedd out about any person being able to contact these entities...bad for business when you say come to church or God will torture you and your dead aunt edna calls it rubbish...so voila...dont use these devices cause its demonic and all sorts of bad...
powerplay.

and, of course if you demand something bad will happen, well, often your wish is granted.

long story short...I say go on, have fun because I dont need to program in demons and all sorts...everyone else can do that task and make sure something bad manifests into the experience...or he can take my option and have a decent time with it...I firmly believe its his (subconscious) choice, so just giving him an option verses a demand for a bad experience.

and even if it is some sort of ghost or interdimensional thing...like energy attracts like. go in fearful and assuming your talking to monsters and guess which one of these guys your going to grab the attention of.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Everybody always says the most frightening things about OB's. As though they can be the most powerful instruments. This is, of course, the reason why I had to try one.

Absolutely nothing happened.

Hm. You know how the first rule of voo-doo is the one being hexed must be a believer? And the second rule is, they must know they are being hexed? Voo-Doo only works given the above two rules are in place.

I wonder if this could be true of the Ouija Board as well? When I tried it I neither believed nor disbelieved. I was just curious. But open.

Still, nothing happened. There was two of us. The thing didn't budge. We finally got bored and put it away.

Just sayin'.

That's pretty much what happened when we tried it.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
To OP :

You are very arrogant thinking you can match those forces, you are like an ant deciding to take on a dinosaur ...

However if you are so weak that you can not control your own curiousity ... so be it ....

but do not follow the advice that I saw a lot of people giving ...
don't bring anyone else ... do not let your stupidity harm anyone else ....
do it alone - don't bring other innocent ants into this

[edit on 30-1-2010 by pilot70]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Don't try the Ouija board, you'll kill yourself!!!!!!!!!!

Cmon buddy lighten up!
Hey bring all your friends, I heard the morons the merrier. You know
the thing about friends. The only difference between them and
fiends is an R.
Invite the neighbors you know, punch and cookies.

Go for it. You might take note of the moon.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

MIRROR MAGIC VIDEO LINK

The video at the above hyperlink might answer some of your questions regarding the manifestations surrounding the ouija board. My comprehension is that these occult practice are what science calls "The Folding of Space and Time". Take a piece of paper. It is a two dimensional domain. Draw a point A and a point B. The shortest distance between point A and point B is a straight line. It might measure three inches. Now introduce the third dimension. In this higher dimension we can fold the paper. Thus by folding the paper we can reduce the distance between point A and point B to zero. However in the two dimensional plane we are apparently separated by distances in time and space. However in higher dimensional physics we can prove that in fact there is no real separation. This higher dimensionality is what we need to enter into so as to connect with the Oneness of All Things in which there is no separation. In higher dimensionality every atom is at one with every other atom no matter how far removed in space and time as we percieve it with our mundain consciousness. This is called "Quantum Entanglement". Through your ouija board you are setting up what science calls a "worm hole in the fabric of space and time". Ancient mystics called it a "Star Gate". This is the magic being worked by the priests and nuns of ancent times at the pyramids in Egypt.
With this in mind you will understand the science of Sacred Geometry involved. Ouija board are just one method. As you enter the state of consciousness where in manifestations will occur [theta brainwaves] a feeling of dread fear will come over you. This is the Spirit of God [ether] moving with in you and around you. The trick is to allow the fear to pass. As it will. Then your into the realm of the higher dimensional Oneness of All Things. An emmense amount of patience and preparation is required if you want success. Most practitioner just do not have the patience. Or they give in to the fear. As it says in the Holy Bible "Seek and you shall find" , "Knock and the door shall be opened for you" , "Ask and you shall recieve". "Fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom".
For me it has become such that I no longer use the mirror or any other device. I have discovered that "Yogic Dreaming" is what it all leads to.
Bon Voyage intrepid explorer.

[edit on 30/1/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Cmon buddy lighten up!

No ..... just telling the guy to not be a coward.

If he wants to play with this, he should not bring innocent unsuspecting people there .... he should just go for him self ...

He is not afraid ... he is determined ... if he really is, he will not need any support.

If he needs support ... maybe he should reconsider ... and not bring the harm he apparently fears, to others.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Jeez. I just wrote a post to you, and I have literally sat here and watched it delete itself. Letter by letter. Creepy, but probably my ISP. After all, it's RAINING.
Or maybe it wasn't the computer..........shoot.

Now...where was I.

Your father obviously believes the egregious and violent events following Quija Board night...were related. It is suggestive of a connection.

I am not someone to discount what others believe, and their experiences, just because I have never had a personal experience.

I once heard someone say of the Ouija, "It's like calling out and sending an invitation to anyone on the interstate. You never know what riff-raff is going to take you up on it".

But I have read enough an been warned enough to know that I would never do it again.

Now. Psychic mediums! That's the way to go!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pilot70

Originally posted by randyvs

Cmon buddy lighten up!

No ..... just telling the guy to not be a coward.

If he wants to play with this, he should not bring innocent unsuspecting people there .... he should just go for him self ...

He is not afraid ... he is determined ... if he really is, he will not need any support.

If he needs support ... maybe he should reconsider ... and not bring the harm he apparently fears, to others.

I tried it. No possessions, no crazy demons, nothing.

It's made by Hasbro. It's not going to kill me more than a monopoly board would by putting a glass cup on it and asking for economic advise.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Tell me what to do, or what not to do, suggest something, etc. Just don't tell me to not try a Ouija board... because I'm going to try it.

Ouija board is for Native Americans.

Most of the fears people expressed in this thread is simple mind tricks, jedi tricks, etc to us.

It's real. It works. It's not to be fooled with as others in this thread have posted about and made fun of.

Trance and soulful music helps while you use.

Try a dose, and then wait awhile before you try again.

"I love you, I'll kill you"... know when to stop.

EDIT: you don't need the hasbro board, yet that's an easy start to understand Ouija.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
One of the stupidest ideas ever. Keep in mind your dealing with forces out of your control. Your also opening a door to another realm, It doesnt make you brave messing around with the occult. I've witnessed people almost dying becuase they dabbled around with dark forces.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Incidently, ignore the doomsayers. They are giving you a introspection of how they feel about their subconscious selves...using a "demon" as a name for what is actually inside of them anyhow.

They will also become angry at you if you say you had a fine time using it and without any sort of dark experiences, etc...because your basically saying subconsciously that your comfortable with yourself and dont have any suprising dark aspects of yourself tucked away...they will compare that to their own hidden parts of their mind and become bitter. They will also say these entities (your subconscious) is lying to you, using you, etc. This is once again them saying thats how they would do things in real life if given a consequence free status for their actions. all subconscious but the subconscious can be a powerful thing.

I have to say that is full of Bullsplop mate. What we experienced back in the 70's was very much real entities.. more than one.. and seen by everyone involved.. therefore no one was doing as you suggested.

Not sure where your information comes from but in this instance it is completely incorrect. There are many things in the unseen realms, most of them do not have our best interests at heart, but you would know this if you have explored those regions for yourself.

I'm not saying to be afraid. But, when your awareness is limited how can you possibly have any idea on how to handle these things if and when they do appear before you?

If he has a fine time with it that will be great, if he does not it won't be because of psycholgy as you are claiming. When we did it we got a word, "Zadok"

Now, how many teenagers do you know that would possibly know that word? It wasn't until I was in my late 30's when I found the word and what it means. None of my friends back in the 70's were Hebrews with a very deep understanding of the hierarchy involved in the Priest of Judaism.

Explain that for me using psychology as a base to argue from?

Like I said in my first post, become a fireman before you play with fire.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.”

This is a quote by H.P Lovecraft from the short horror story; He (published in Weird Tales volume 8, September 1926). This might not hold any relevance when it comes to playing with an Ouija board at first but if you would think about it, it does.

Using an Ouija board to communicate with entities is done largely by people who are curious about the unknown realm of where these Things come from, and a lot of people hold a lot of fear for what they might actually encounter. Fear creates a weakened state of mind, as they lose control over their mind and become easy targets to manipulate. Fear can be a sole reason for events going wrong the way they do, especially when it comes to dealing with Things from beyond.

The best advice: Never be afraid. Never hold fear for the Things and always remember you are in charge of your mind, and that the location you are doing this is your territory and does not in any way belong to the Things. Your mind is a stronger weapon against any Thing than any candle, medium or ritual will be.

I call them Things for a simple reason and that is that I don’t know what people intend to summon when they start playing with the Ouija board and if they actually succeed in contacting a Thing and don’t create one by a weakened state of mind induced by fear of what they might expect to happen.

As soon as you allow a Thing to get in your head, be that an entity or a figment of your imagination you lost the game. Fear for the Things is your enemy, not the Thing itself. People are more in charge than they think.

I also like to mention that you should consider the logic in this; how would you feel when you are doing something you enjoy or important and some person suddenly calls you trying to sell you products or tries to get you to answer to a useless list of questions for marketing research? Most people hate such things, and when attempting to contact the Thing just because you want to try stuff out to see what lies beyond or what the Things know about your future… You are doing exactly the same. All you end up with are those that don’t have anything better to do than make fun of you wasting their time. Those that buy products are rare.

I’m not saying that not holding fear is the sole solution to prevent all problems, by all means it is not. I do find personally that it is an important factor once you decide to take the first turn where curiosity gets the better of most, so you are a lot stronger to deal with things on the remaining turns until the game is over with you at the finish first hopefully, and the aftermath.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join