It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going to Try the Ouija Board, any Tips, Tricks, or Suggestions?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If it's just a toy, if you're so convinced that there is no problem here, why are you asking for hints, tips and suggestions from people who have very decent advice to give you?

Just go and do it...you're responsible for your own actions after all. What is erroneously labelled as a child's toy is really an unregulated mechanism for opening a doorway or portal, though which anything and everything will move, whether you believe in it or not. Belief is not a prerequisite for possession. And they will lie to you wholesale. Trust nothing.

Bleh...'nuff said. This month's Ouija thread. We'll be here when you need help, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
I would say that the fact that a thread has been created asking for suggestions, your experience level may not be up to par.

Youll probably be just fine.

However, since you are going to do it anyway...

If for some strange reason you make contact(you probably will not), do not answer any questions. Do not say your name. Do not mention your family member's names.

A careful ritual and seance' accompanies the use of a board. I will not explain this to you, although research will provide you with whatever you wish to know. The chance of you making contact, with the board alone, is almost nil. Most credible mediums will be very reluctant to dabble with any of this. A "Milton Bradley" board would not work.
If a medium says that they will help you, they are either scamming you, or they are of evil nature.

But.......... if you do:

If it claims to be a family member, it is lying. The chances of your energy crossing with a former family member's energy... are slim.

If you use a circle of protection, do not follow the instructions you find in Wicca/new age books/websites. These are often known as a "Solomon protection circle".
What it does, is it shows the conjured energy that you fear it. The best protection against malevolent energies is to be psychically prepared. Otherwise you are viewed as prey.
Or as Crowley wouldve said "Be meaner than whatever youre conjuring".
If you must use a circle, make it of plain salt. Face yourself east.

Do not use it alone.

I believe in energy beyond what we perceive, but actual brushes with these energies..in your textbook occult situation, are pretty rare.

Thanks for not just saying I'm going to get possessed or meet demons.
This really helps. Is there a problem with using cameras?

I hope people post up some of there own experiences. That would tell me yay or nay for doing this.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

No problem with cameras. Or audio recording.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I will U2U a personal experience tomorrow, when I have the time.

I dont need naysayers doubting not only experience, but existence of the occult. I will not debate these people, but it would detract from your thread.

Send me a U2U to remind me.

Im sure some others have some kind of experience, too.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by InertiaZero]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
this is one of those subjects that can go any direction. I can only offer my own personal experience. In the 8th grade I was a very curious and spiritually inquisitive person. Among other things I played Dungeons and Dragons and read a great deal of occult material. Somehow through my DnD friends I was introduced to that classic Parker Bros. ouija board. Yes we played with it....there were 3 of us....and to this day I am convinced that there was no scam involved. We asked questions that no two of us knew. It got to the point where I was even making ouija boards out of nothing but a piece of paper and a 'pointer'....and it worked even when I was alone. I also used dice where I verbally gave certain meanings to certain numbers and would then ask questions aloud and would get results that were accurate.

I am one of those people that do believe there are entities that exist outside or beyond the 'dimension' we are familiar with. These entities are able to interact with us, influence us, on different levels depending on certain variables. There are significant dangers, as some have said, in 'opening' legitimate door ways to this 'realm', for lack of a better word. Maybe a persons 'spiritual potential' plays into it...I'm not really sure. As I said, I can only speak for myself and my own personal strange experiences.

I do remember, that when playing with the ouija board my arm would become fixed in a certain fashion so to facilitate the easy movement of the 'pointer'...and after a while my hand would become cold, probably due to a lack of good circulation. This by itself of course means nothing.....but I always thought at the time it was strange that I could sit there for an hour or more with my arm in this very unnatural position without ever taking my hand off the pointer, and I always 'felt' such a strength in the movement of the pointer.

As a somewhat related anecdote. My step mom said that in college she and some of her friends were playing with a ouija board and she asked it the name of the person she would marry. It was the name of my dad who had divorced my mom many years before he met this girl. When I heard that I was obviously very troubled. Out of all the names in the english lexicon, and in the era she would have been asking, I think the chances of her 'guessing' the correct name for my dad, the first and only person she has married, would be extremely low.

all of this is purely anecdotal of course...and probably does almost nothing to influence a die hard skeptic....but alas, it is as true as i know it from my experience.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by Phlynx

Keep that opinion. Seriously DOUBT anything is going to happen. Otherwise, you're playing with fire.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I find it incredible that any talk about the use of drugs violates the terms and conditions yet ouiji boards sound as though they cause far more damage and are A-okay (then again ouiji boards are not illegal).

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ouija Boards have been no problem for me except one horror story I still tell as a warning to this day.

I've seen full out possession with just having a Ouija Board in the house and after being used by the 'wrong hands'. The girl who had the episode had thrown up on my mothers Christmas tree, ripped out her eyebrow piercing, yelled in tongue for at least an hour, tore all her clothes off and spit in a cup after I offered water. At one point the toilet overflowed for no apparent reason and the girl ended up walking home in nothing but underwear and a coat in the dead of winter, in the middle of the night. The episode did not stop until I had physically removed the board out the back door of the house and performed a quick cleansing ritual. I never would have thought a cardboard game piece would have me locked in a room away from a teenage girl, EVER. But it did...

I use divination tools myself, one of which is a Ouija. On my accord and under proper protection - but I have seen first hand what can go wrong when not used proper. Nothing is better than seeing for yourself. The only reason that particular experience didn't turn out any worse was because I was home. The girls energy was incredibly weak at that time, but since then she has turned out to be quite a lovely and strong lady.

I hope all goes well for you OP!

[edit on 1/29/2010 by MetalCoffeeL]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Holy crap I completely forgot about the power of true names, Jeez what a foul up. Thank you for the addendums. I find it hilarious that ther is still a population of people on this planet that refuse to see the spiritual world that has had such an impact that even the Vatican itself still has a small army of paranoraml investigators.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
was listening to some coast to coast expert on interdimensionals. He was very insistive not to use Ouijia.

I have personally tried Astral travel - not sucessful but I have brought some demons into my home. It took me a while to get rid of them. It felt dark, menacing and for me - very real.

Hope you have some defence.

At least have this to protect yourself in case.
Search on this page for Jupiter and then for Bellilin

Look forward to result of your experience.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Remember to end the session by moving the planchette to the good bye icon on the board

Do not try to purposely annoy or mock whatever it is you are communicating with

Do not ask it when you will die

Do not believe everything it tells you

Do not answer any question , only ask

A few questions if I may .. What kind of board do you plan on using ?

Do you plan on using it by yourself ?

Do you realize that anything you may communicate with via the ouija board will be of negative energy ?

What are your goals / purpose for wanting to use the ouija ?

[edit on 29-1-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Everybody always says the most frightening things about OB's. As though they can be the most powerful instruments. This is, of course, the reason why I had to try one.

Absolutely nothing happened.

Hm. You know how the first rule of voo-doo is the one being hexed must be a believer? And the second rule is, they must know they are being hexed? Voo-Doo only works given the above two rules are in place.

I wonder if this could be true of the Ouija Board as well? When I tried it I neither believed nor disbelieved. I was just curious. But open.

Still, nothing happened. There was two of us. The thing didn't budge. We finally got bored and put it away.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Many speculate as to what the whole ouija board experience " is " .

I can only speak for my own personal experience ....

I have used many different types of boards , from homemade to store bought . I have had " success " every time that I have used it (never used it alone ) .

My experience with the board on more then one occasion had direct in world happenings that were directly related to the use of the board . These in world events consisted of clocks moving ahead , phone ringing and one one on the other line , blinds falling and on one occasion " we " put the board to a challenge ... We tried to think of the most unlikely thing to occur . We were outside and it was late . We looked up and down the darkened street and saw nothing that late hour . Wanting to put the board to the test we decided to ask , " if you are hear , make a dog bark buy the count of ten ".
Strangely enough the board agreed . We sat there , planchette in hand and started our count to ten . As we progressed in our count nothing seemed to be happening . We all looked around our little circle , giggling at one another as teenagers do , ( was a young teen at the time ) thinking and wondering if anything was going to happen ? When we progressed higher in our count , we seemed to think it not likely anything was going to happen . Our playful giggles from only seconds prior turned to disappointment . The feelings of disappointment were coming from a sense that someone in our little group was trying to have some fun at the rest of our expense buy moving the planchette .
When our count reached 9 we all but gave up any hopes that anything would happen and I started looking around the group wondering just who was the one playing with us . But , when we counted 10 , on that very instant , A dog barked ! We were stunned , looking around at one another we didn't know what to say ? The bark was not close , or scary , but it was loud and repetitive . It was enough to convince us that this was more then just coincidence .
That was not the last time I used a ouija board , nor was it the last of strange happenings that seemed to take place while using the board .

I have since stopped using the ouija board , haven't used it in over 18 or 19 years now

I still find the ouija board to be a very interesting topic and to be honest , there is still a part of me that would like to try it again . Having said that , I decided long ago to leave it alone .

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have come up with one suggestion . You can ask Marilyn Monroe how she died .You and my mate can compare notes . Keep me posted .

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
those stupid toys do NOT work. It take several people with one moron in the group to move it. Without this ONE moron to move the peice the toy does not work.

So have fun holding onto a peice of wood and wasting your time.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
My suggestion is; while driving down a road that crosses a bridge, roll the window down, and toss it in the river.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You know what - and I am sticking my neck out here - I think it is just a toy and nothing more. I have watched Most Haunted for many years now. They regularly use an ouija board with supposed "success". Now we know that they are all frauds on the show and it is nothing more than "entertainment" so even if the ouija was more than a toy, and dangerous something untoward would have happened to someone on the team by now (which incidently is still the same team) and after years nothing has happened.

I just think this is nothing more than fear mongering and telling a story that has been told and retold after years of watching popluar cult films that have demonised it. People join in with their made up stories afraid to be left out - if it was so dangerous what made you guys become "the experts" and why did you try it in the first place knowing how "dangerous" it is? I think what is more dangerous are the drugs and booze that get mixed up in these sessions and are probably to blame for the bad things and the attitude and beliefs of the persons using it. If you can be convinced that somthing will happen then you will probably make it so.

It seems the OP is going to try it anyway, so lets see what happens let him record it and show once and for all that these are only toys.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
dam! is it already that time of the month.. it was only the other day i was telling somebody man i havent seen a " hey i need help using the Ouija board " thread.

was it a full moon yesterday or was that today ? hmm

seriously get a grip on reality and ask yourself why your life is so boring that you have to put yourself in a position where your trying to invoke dead spirits?

What are you so rich and so well off and your love life is going so great and you have a loving family and have not a care a in the world that you feel you need a little drama in your life to spice things up? You have questions try google or here is a novel idea try reading a book. watch a movie. do something constructive plant a tree.. i dont know do something.

i saw a black comedian make a good point about why most horror movies have teenage white kids in them. and why the hell do they always head towards the dark celler with the creepy noise.

im going off on a tangent here my point is why go looking for trouble can you not see that your desire to put yourself in a situation you know nothing about is in itself a cry for help? maybe you should seek a physiologist not a poltergeist..

my 2 cents and im out

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
ouija boards contact the jinn

n Arabic, a Djinn (also jinn, genie, from Arabic جني jinnī) is a supernatural creature which occupies a parallel world to that of mankind, and together with humans and angels makes up the three sentient creations of Allah. Possessing free will, a djinn can be either good or evil.

Muslims believe that the Jinn account for much of the "magic" perceived by humans, cooperating with magicians to lift items in the air unseen, delivering hidden truths to fortune tellers, and mimicking the voices of deceased humans during seances.

as this says, they can be good or evil... but i wouldnt suggest using it any day...

like us, they have free will... looking at the world most of the people are evil in one way, while there very little good... so what are the chances of you walking into someone trustworthy in the city... very slim...

[edit on 30-1-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

In the words of Admiral Ackbar, ITS A TRAP

Honestly I don't know what to tell you, I've never been one to treat ghosts as a subject for superstition. I'd say if you want to convince anyone film the use of the board and don't let anyone touch it. If the pointer (not sure what the technical term for it is) starts moving by itself with no interference whatsoever from a human being there might be something to it... Put it out, film it and start asking questions...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join