It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going to Try the Ouija Board, any Tips, Tricks, or Suggestions?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Tell me what to do, or what not to do, suggest something, etc. Just don't tell me to not try a Ouija board... because I'm going to try it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It is like calling into a group phone line. Almost everyone is lying, you aren't talking to the cream of the crop, and probably a good number are actually predatory.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
All that I will say is:

The decisions we make, dictate the life we lead.

I approve of your fact-finding thread to garner advice and instruction, but, know it's opening a door behind which you know little.

Good luck.
Cuhail

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

If you are going to use a Oijua board you have to draw a circle of protection this will usually require you getting the name of the spirit you wish to contact and the various foci that wil help "tune" the circle and therefore help, filter out othere entities, I must tell you that using this tool is something not to be trifeled with, please do your research if you are using the board to contact a spirit that you believe to be haunting a house, it is imperative that every precaution is taken to limit the contact the spirit can have. There is no completly safe way to use a Ouija, you can only improve your chances. When you are done you must break the circle and then clean the board in rock salt for 7 days. that door can stay open since it is an object that is charged with spiritual energy once the ritual is finished. Props for asking about a tool before you use it

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yeah......if you do something like that you should also prepare to accept the consequences....go all the way, full force and be sure not to stop and return before you reached complete possesion.

Good luck and do not forget to have the phone number of a good priest near and ready.

Stupid idea...tho.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Tell me what to do, or what not to do, suggest something, etc. Just don't tell me to not try a Ouija board... because I'm going to try it.

Here's a tip....actually, a trick:

while using the Ouija board, make sure you give the most gentle of nudges while moving the sliding piece; so as to not be detected controlling the device by anyone else participating...it will freak them out and you will have a good laugh.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
holy edit...never mind.

[edit on 1/29/2010 by happygolucky]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would highly recommend you do NOT dabble in this occult means. The #1 thing to remember is it is NOT a toy. The 2nd thing is to NOT do it by yourself. And the 3rd thing is, keep a bible in the room with you. Seriously, please remember this. Also, please re-think your intentions on whether you really want to experiment and try it out.

Without hijacking the thread, my family ancestors has occult ties -they were very powerful in the arts and I of course have a natural interest in it because of this. I experimented with the Ouija board 6 times and I encountered everything from possession, to prophecies (all but 1 have come true so far) and even curses.

If I can't convince you not to mess around with it, then keep these in mind:

Respect the board --don't make fun of it.
Don't do it alone.
Have a bible in the room with you.
Don't do it for a long period of time --always under 15 minutes.
When you are speaking with an entity, test the spirit as the bible states to make sure you have a good spirit.
And watch out for evil spirits posing as your dead relatives --it does happen alot.
The spirits will try to mess with your head the longer you talk, that's why it's imperative to keep it short.

Good luck. Please re-think your actions.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
why dont you set up a video camera record it so we can see what happens.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
I would highly recommend you do NOT dabble in this occult means. The #1 thing to remember is it is NOT a toy. The 2nd thing is to NOT do it by yourself. And the 3rd thing is, keep a bible in the room with you. Seriously, please remember this. Also, please re-think your intentions on whether you really want to experiment and try it out.

1... It is a toy. It's made by the Parker Brothers. I doubt the bible will help me any either.

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
why dont you set up a video camera record it so we can see what happens.

I might. I am doing this purely because I am skeptical, I seriously doubt anything will happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
When I was 12 years old at a United Church of Christ church camp
I first became aware of Ouija boards. The other kids were playing with one. I wanted one, and made one myself when I got home. Right about that time, the neighbor boy committed suicide. Everyone wanted to know where his Bible was, in case he left a note for his parents in it, because there was no note found. So as my younger sister and I played with my homemade Ouija board, we asked where the suicide note was. The board spelled out 'POND'. There was a pond behind his parents' house. We wanted to go check it out, but were afraid. As an adult and a Christian, I can see where we could have gotten ourselves in trouble back there. I will always wonder if some malevolent force wanted us to go there. I seriously doubt the Bible was there. He was away at college when he killed himself. IMHO, Ouija boards are not toys, and are in fact dangerous.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here's a tip; Don't do it. Your potentially messing with malevolent forces beyond your control which can have ill and irreversable effects. DON'T.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Check out this girl - she messed with one and look at her now...poor thing.

All I am saying is, don't set up a camera when you do it - you might end up looking like a dumb-ass too...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My advise is do not try it. Why? Cause I dont know you. You have to be a
balanced, mentally mature person to enter this world.
Its real, you will find stuff. Question is can you handle it?
Its different for everybody and really can be extremely dangerous.
People have been to mental hospital, gone to prison or died because they did not know what they where doing.

So I say dont do it. But if you have to: I strongly advise to prepare before you start: talk to people who have knowledge. Read books.
Dont work with the board before you know what your playing with.

Good luck,

Marlin

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've got 2 suggestions:#1 Don't do it! That's some bad ju-ju going on there, dude...and #2 If you don't listen to #1 then just remember to have a few bibles with you, and even though I'm not a real believer in them, crucifixes have helped others in the past. Follow one of these suggestions, and it'll turn out fine!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Some things are better off not played with.

Like remember when you were a kid and your parents said. Don't play with fire? And you did anyways?

So like yeah. Don't play with a ouija board. You might not like the outcome.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I would say that the fact that a thread has been created asking for suggestions, your experience level may not be up to par.

Youll probably be just fine.

However, since you are going to do it anyway...

If for some strange reason you make contact(you probably will not), do not answer any questions. Do not say your name. Do not mention your family member's names.

A careful ritual and seance' accompanies the use of a board. I will not explain this to you, although research will provide you with whatever you wish to know. The chance of you making contact, with the board alone, is almost nil. Most credible mediums will be very reluctant to dabble with any of this. A "Milton Bradley" board would not work.
If a medium says that they will help you, they are either scamming you, or they are of evil nature.

But.......... if you do:

If it claims to be a family member, it is lying. The chances of your energy crossing with a former family member's energy... are slim.

If you use a circle of protection, do not follow the instructions you find in Wicca/new age books/websites. These are often known as a "Solomon protection circle".
What it does, is it shows the conjured energy that you fear it. The best protection against malevolent energies is to be psychically prepared. Otherwise you are viewed as prey.
Or as Crowley wouldve said "Be meaner than whatever youre conjuring".
If you must use a circle, make it of plain salt. Face yourself east.

Do not use it alone.

I believe in energy beyond what we perceive, but actual brushes with these energies..in your textbook occult situation, are pretty rare.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Something that I used to do back in the day was to have the person which family member you are contacting (if you are doing family) not touch the board and the other people asking the questions and handling the board.
We found out after almost a month of doing it, that if the person is not looking at the board you will only get random answers. Once you get a person that is giving you the correct results, stick with them.
To test the subject, ask questions that the person only knows, write the questions on a paper and have the person answer them on the paper and let them keep it until the end of the session, if the answers are correct then you will know that there was no foul play because the person was not touching the board.
After doing all of the test,we decided that in some cases the person was controlling the board with their minds using our bodies. There was only one other explanation to the answers and that would be "ghosts".
Some of the people reported that they felt something weird when opening the door to the room and one person said that they were not able to open the door to the room. I did not believe them at the time, they had no proof.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
OMG
I can't believe actually I can believe the fear-mongering going on here. IT'S a toy, that's all, plain and simple. I has been demonized by movies and religious zealots, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a toy.

**Now, if you OP are serious about this as a means to communicate with the dead, then I would have to recommend that you not play with this toy, as it will lead you nowhere good.**

Otherwise, go play and have fun with it...it's a great party trick.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My suggestion, OP? Have fun! After all, it's only a toy. No fair cheating! By the way, say hello to Legion for me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join